WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Big win by Parkside, what’s happening at Pt Cook ?
Have a lot of injuries at moment & had 6 kids in team today that normally play U18’s. No depth in Ressies.
Having said that, I believe the biggest issue is that coach is to interested in his ‘boxing career’ rather than coaching football and has lost many of the players

Have a lot of injuries at moment & had 6 kids in team today that normally play U18’s. No depth in Ressies.
Having said that, I believe the biggest issue is that coach is to interested in his ‘boxing career’ rather than coaching football and has lost many of the players
Heard that too Trucka, players not happy with his coaching either.

Thats sad to hear, especially after such a great year last year.

Fair enough PB, any idea what's gone wrong at Saltwater?
Injury list is extensive and they're probably lacking continuity because of it. Hard to gel especially with new players in the team and necessity forcing players into different positions. Burton going down is a huge loss and I think there are a couple of others now going overseas for a few weeks. Wonder how many other clubs are losing players to the European summer?

Every club has injuries but the closeness of this comp and a lack of depth at most clubs means that injuries even to a couple of key players could be the difference between a finals spot and an early Mad Monday.

Another draw at Werribee today, curiously the same score as their draw with CS a few weeks ago.

The Districts lose a bucketload of players next week for a USA wedding, so a loss might be on the cards. Hoppers the lucky side in 2 weeks.
The comp is so good to watch now, no one knows who's going to beat who each week

Another draw in D1, the third for the season. PCC win at Spotty (1st time?), Altona won at YSE. Will PC go from a GF to wooden spoon in one year? Strange, surprising results again.

Strange selection issues causing grief at PC amongst the players?

Another draw in D1, the third for the season. PCC win at Spotty (1st time?), Altona won at YSE. Will PC go from a GF to wooden spoon in one year? Strange, surprising results again.

Strange selection issues causing grief at PC amongst the players?
PC coach just put up a post showing him holding a dog on the boundary line whilst coaching. Surely that can’t be normal 🤨🤨 Very strange

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not disagreeing with you, but they had 5-6 u18s playing seniors last week.

Doesn't say alot for the reserves players
In the last few years they have played off in GF's and PF's in the U18's and 16's (I think),
But the Ressies have been down the bottom every year (again, I think).

So it's not hard to believe, at least at the moment, that the kids in 18's are better than the ressies.
In 5 or so years, if all these kids hang around, they may have depth like Districts

A quick look at the ladder says they a 3rd last with 3 wins, so maybe the ressies players are just no good???

In the last few years they have played off in GF's and PF's in the U18's and 16's (I think),
But the Ressies have been down the bottom every year (again, I think).

So it's not hard to believe, at least at the moment, that the kids in 18's are better than the ressies.
In 5 or so years, if all these kids hang around, they may have depth like Districts

A quick look at the ladder says they a 3rd last with 3 wins, so maybe the ressies players are just no good???

On the weekend, looks like they had about 10 players out injured that would be walk up starters in their best 22 and only 3 players that are eligible for U18's, the rest were Ressies. The weekly injury list has been constant for most of the year

Previous weeks they appear to have had more U18s fill the vacancies but as it is getting closer to finals, they need to ensure they do not over qualify them by playing too many Senior games. Experience will only benefit them

On the weekend, looks like they had about 10 players out injured that would be walk up starters in their best 22 and only 3 players that are eligible for U18's, the rest were Ressies. The weekly injury list has been constant for most of the year

Previous weeks they appear to have had more U18s fill the vacancies but as it is getting closer to finals, they need to ensure they do not over qualify them by playing too many Senior games. Experience will only benefit them
thats an easy expalanation then, and good on them for giving the kids a go.

Both for short term confidence, and long term for the club.

Good 18s should always go directly into the seniors than play ordinary reserves footy. Great exposure and experience and often the good clubs with good juniors can afford to do it. Plus the kids get a bit of $$ which is a good thing.
I was more referring, that surely some reserves players would be in line to be picked before some of the 18s kids. Especially all six of them

I was more referring, that surely some reserves players would be in line to be picked before some of the 18s kids. Especially all six of them
if they have as many injuries as someone else said they have, maybe all the good ressies players are already in the ones.
The ones left are just not up to the standard compared to the kids even if they are 'next in line' from the ressies

Tips for round 13

Hoppers by 1
CS by 44
Altona by 6
PCC by 10
Werribee by 9 over Hoppers after trailing at half time
Caroline Springs by 18, Parkside to give a yelp
Altona by 8 over Spotty, Spotty should respond after last week
YSE by 10 over PCC who are a bit hard to read, a great win last week after a poor month. Bad loss for YSE last week.

Hopefully PC can regroup and get a few back over their bye.

I can see all of those tips being wrong such is the unpredictability of D1 this season.

WRFL Div 1 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back