WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Dare say that top 2 teams this year go up to Div 1..?

If Newport is still down, which is likely, they may be better than other teams right now but teams will have another preseason to recruit and level the playing field for 2025
Surely we don't want an 11 team D1? League have already said no relegation from D1.

Surely we don't want an 11 team D1? League have already said no relegation from D1.
Top 3 up and a 12 team division 1.

Division 2 after that alot more even.

It's not that difficult but the WRFL would not have the courage to push ahead with a simple solution.

Then 1 up one down each year from then on

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clubs voted after last season for 1 up, none down, would they change again?
Correct Doggie Boy: that's what was, but surely a popular vote could reverse a decision that was a good one last year but has now become an uncertain scenario for next season.

Should Div 2’s clubs’ strengths have improved surely it shouldn’t hurt to be revisited.

I can’t see too many objections as it enhances the League's strength and reputation while making both divisions more equal.

Would like to meet you for a chat: If you can, Willi CYs V St Bedes Mentone @ the Fearon tomorrow. Just ask for the old Vietnam Veteran. I’ll be there about 1 PM after the Colts game at Lofts Reserve. I'll shout!
After the game.

Correct Doggie Boy: that's what was, but surely a popular vote could reverse a decision that was a good one last year but has now become an uncertain scenario for next season.

Should Div 2’s clubs’ strengths have improved surely it shouldn’t hurt to be revisited.

I can’t see too many objections as it enhances the League's strength and reputation while making both divisions more equal.

Would like to meet you for a chat: If you can, Willi CYs V St Bedes Mentone @ the Fearon tomorrow. Just ask for the old Vietnam Veteran. I’ll be there about 1 PM after the Colts game at Lofts Reserve. I'll shout!
After the game.
Hello SS have started a private conversation, off to Marvel today but keen to catch up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard they are keen to get across from someone who's very well connected at the club mate.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
During the past two seasons, the WRFL/WFNL has been a hotbed of speculation regarding clubs considering moving to different competitions.

There could be clubs that may be thinking that way, but does the speculation come from their clubs’ hierarchy leakages, or the non-contributing supporters spreading untrue (perhaps optimistic) gossipmongering rumours?

Clubs mentioned on this forum during the past two seasons have been: -

Caroline Springs EDFL

Laverton VAFA (testing the water by playing practice games w Div 6 +7 VAFA Clubs)

Parkside (A/Vale Juniors) EDFL

Spotswood SFL (can’t believe that)

YSE EDFL

Hopefully, it’s only babble from those who criticise but don’t contribute.

During the past two seasons, the WRFL/WFNL has been a hotbed of speculation regarding clubs considering moving to different competitions.

There could be clubs that may be thinking that way, but does the speculation come from their clubs’ hierarchy leakages, or the non-contributing supporters spreading untrue (perhaps optimistic) gossipmongering rumours?

Caroline Springs EDFL

Laverton VAFA (testing the water by playing practice games w Div 6 +7 VAFA Clubs)

YSE EDFL

I'm not going to name my contact or what he does for the club at Parkside but I'll take his word for 100 percent. For the other clubs, I have no idea. I have seen Caroline Springs come up a few times but that's it. Is YSE yarraville seddon?

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Caroline Springs EDFL

YSE EDFL

Who the heck said Laverton VAFA 😂😂
Without recruiting and paying players they wouldn’t have a side! That is fact. They haven’t had a solid junior program in 15+ years so they have no choice but to spend and obviously you can’t do that in the VAFA

Pretty sure Caroline springs were seriously considering it may have even had a couple meetings with the edfl

But elected to stay

Somebody from the club confirmed it on here so was more than gossip

Who the heck said Laverton VAFA 😂😂
Without recruiting and paying players they wouldn’t have a side! That is fact. They haven’t had a solid junior program in 15+ years so they have no choice but to spend and obviously you can’t do that in the VAFA
It was probably only speculation, Lavo playing lower grade Ammo clubs, two years in a row.

There are District clubs in the Ammos that don’t have Juniors and don’t pay their players. School/College teams don’t have juniors, recruiting only from their schools. Understandable.

I can name Ammo district clubs that don’t have a junior feeder team, and players are still attracted to those clubs because of the type of football they play. Clubs in the mid-range play an excellent brand of football.

Should a club such as Laverton and some others that we can all identify apply, and be accepted into the VAFA, it would become a ‘go-to club’ in the area.

Werribee Districts and Point Cook were attractive alternatives for local footballers, but once they moved into the higher grades, their players were poached by neighbouring clubs. However, they enjoyed success in the meantime and remain 'go-to clubs'.

They’re doing pretty well at the moment all considering. I wasn’t having a dig at them just stating what would be considered a fact. All I know is the president Steph has her head screwed on and will do the right thing for the club.
It was probably only speculation, Lavo playing lower grade Ammo clubs, two years in a row.

There are District clubs in the Ammos that don’t have Juniors and don’t pay their players. School/College teams don’t have juniors, recruiting only from their schools. Understandable.

I can name Ammo district clubs that don’t have a junior feeder team, and players are still attracted to those clubs because of the type of football they play. Clubs in the mid-range play an excellent brand of football.

Should a club such as Laverton and some others that we can all identify apply, and be accepted into the VAFA, it would become a ‘go-to club’ in the area.

Werribee Districts and Point Cook were attractive alternatives for local footballers, but once they moved into the higher grades, their players were poached by neighbouring clubs. However, they enjoyed success in the meantime and remain 'go-to cl

Werribee Districts and Point Cook were attractive alternatives for local footballers, but once they moved into the higher grades, their players were poached by neighbouring clubs. However, they enjoyed success in the meantime and remain 'go-to clubs'.
Both those clubs are stacked with juniors and will always be ok, Laverton will never be a 'go to club'

Both those clubs are stacked with juniors and will always be ok, Laverton will never be a 'go to club'
It's enjoyable watching Laverton improve and grow over the last few years.

I've lived nearby and watched a lot of footy there over 20 years and there's improvement there, albeit they are coming from a long way back.

Gone from a 2 team club to 5 in five years, long way to go, steady improvement rather than spectacular. Only club within 7 kilometres, plenty of potential.

Matt Cravino looks like he has fitted in beautifully at sunshine, been best on in last 2 from all reports. Could he propel them to premiership glory?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back