WRFL Div 2 Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Cravino looks like he has fitted in beautifully at sunshine, been best on in last 2 from all reports. Could he propel them to premiership glory?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's enjoyable watching Laverton improve and grow over the last few years.

I've lived nearby and watched a lot of footy there over 20 years and there's improvement there, albeit they are coming from a long way back.

Gone from a 2 team club to 5 in five years, long way to go, steady improvement rather than spectacular. Only club within 7 kilometres, plenty of potential.
They've definitely stood the test of time when others in the comp have folded.

I think when Altona Meadows as an area built up years ago, Laverton missed its opportunity as most kids in that area play at Altona

Matt Cravino looks like he has fitted in beautifully at sunshine, been best on in last 2 from all reports. Could he propel them to premiership glory?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Been a gun local player for many years. Always puts his head over the ball and gives back whatever a club pays him. These types of players are like gold..

It's enjoyable watching Laverton improve and grow over the last few years.

I've lived nearby and watched a lot of footy there over 20 years and there's improvement there, albeit they are coming from a long way back.

Gone from a 2 team club to 5 in five years, long way to go, steady improvement rather than spectacular. Only club within 7 kilometres, plenty of potential.
It’s a Pitty they got screwed over by klix and Bloomfield.. took the sign on and played what maybe 2 games each? If that!

It’s a Pitty they got screwed over by klix and Bloomfield.. took the sign on and played what maybe 2 games each? If that!
Club is better off without people like that. Yeah good footballers back in the day but now just mercenaries who struggle to get a kick. I watched Bloomfield play earlier this season and he is nowhere near the player he was when we was at Albion years ago, could hardly kick a ball 30 meters. They need to stick with the young kids they’ve bought in, drizzled with a few 26-34 year olds (who aren’t mercenaries) and they’ll be okay.

Definitely not worth it. Geez they were both good footballers back in the day...Remember Bloomfield at his peak at Albion? Klix a unbelievable talent at North Footscray at 16.
Club is better off without people like that. Yeah good footballers back in the day but now just mercenaries who struggle to get a kick. I watched Bloomfield play earlier this season and he is nowhere near the player he was when we was at Albion years ago, could hardly kick a ball 30 meters. They need to stick with the young kids they’ve bought in, drizzled with a few 26-34 year olds (who aren’t mercenaries) and they’ll be okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2240 Days is a Long time between wins.
Credit to all who stuck fat through those tough times
Went out to Rockbank for 2nd half, plenty of press and league officials out there. Far too good, hope this can kick them along a bit even if in the short term just changing the mood and providing hope. They have some decent footballers, something to build on next season. Good on them. Lots of happy locals at the siren.

Went out to Rockbank for 2nd half, plenty of press and league officials out there. Far too good, hope this can kick them along a bit even if in the short term just changing the mood and providing hope. They have some decent footballers, something to build on next season. Good on them. Lots of happy locals at the siren.
Good on the Rams. However, North Sunshine losing to the second worst side by 170 points is a real concern … I admire the lads who rock up every week in the roadrunners jumper knowing they won’t have much of a chance to win a game.

Good on the Rams. However, North Sunshine losing to the second worst side by 170 points is a real concern … I admire the lads who rock up every week in the roadrunners jumper knowing they won’t have much of a chance to win a game.
North actually kicked 2 consecutive goals in the 3rd, doubt they've done that for a while.

Gotta say, they could start by working on their fitness, there's a few players who have decent marking and kicking skills but they're not fit. Can't see how you can enjoy your footy if you haven't got a reasonable fitness base.

Last edited:
North actually kicked 2 consecutive goals in the 3rd, doubt they've done that for a while.

Gotta say, they could start by working on their fitness, there's a few players who have decent marking and kicking skills but they're not fit. Can't see how you can enjoy your footy if you haven't got a reasonable fitness base.
Message delivered to your inbox.

Tips:
Heights v Rams - Rams 12 points
Nth Sunshive v Braybrook - Braybrook 200 points
Sunshine v Albanvale - Sunshine 120 points
Tarneit v Suns - Suns 140 points
Newport v Wndhamvale - Newport 36 points
West Footscray v Albion - Albion 120 points
North Footscray v Laverton - North Footscray 30 points

Pretty average round really. Apart from 2 games ive got the margin over 100 points in each game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back