WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
well mr. weapons, heres how it all works,
1. i walk into the tribunal tomorrow night with michael kennedy and the umpires report, *no.18 of laverton has been reported for *CHARGING* no. ?? of deep park.
2. plead not guilty on the grounds of a frivoulous report
3. case thrown out

the role of 2 ruckman at a centre bounce is to charge at each other, there is no mention on the report of any sort of contact being made, and when the umpires try and introduce this as evidence, guess what, i bob up and say, hang on, micheal has been reported for charging and nothing else, this should of been mentioned on the report sheet!!!

too late to change, good night, god bless and thank ya mothers for the rabbits umpires!!! :p

I think you will find Choofa, the umpires (who many don't actually understand the rules when i comes to ruckman) must have taken a fairly dim view on his actions to report him. To say a ruckmans job is to charge at each other is a bit narrowminded. Your ruckman has history for trying to jump knee/feet first into the opponent to hurt them, but is very quick to pipe up when anything happens to him. Had he timed his jump at the ball then there can be legitimate contact in a ruck contest. If he has not jumped at the ball and taken the opponent out making no attempt at the ball then it is charging. Even worse considering the other player would have been wide open with his eyes up watching the ball.
Good luck but i think he could be in trouble

the two top sides played on saturday with an interesting result yet nobody seems to be taking too much notice of what happened?

where has the red devil disappeared to?

I think the score line reflected the game. The 1st and much of the 2nd was fast paced, high pressure causing fumbles just like finals footy. As the game settled, our forwards made the most of opportunities and we tightened up defensively. Parkside had 3 players out due to injury who should also be available 2nd round of finals. Both North and Parkside will learn from the game and be better for such a solid hitout just before finals.

Was great to have Patty Davis kicking his 100th goal during the game. It’s an excellent effort as he missed 3 games with injury and the it’s now out of the way so we can all concentrate on finals footy.

As I, and many others have said before, finals is different footy. Anyone can be beaten on the day so you can’t stop training hard and rest of the home and away results.

Any comments from RD, Mint or North??

Parkside were just too good on the day. North could not stop the Parkside key forwards and Jeugan was outstanding after 1/4 time. I thought the guys had a crack but couldn't maintain the intensity for 4 quarters. Probably played 2.5 quarters of decent footy. I thought the first half was a great spectacle as it had a bit of everything - some great goals, marks, bit of dust up, crowd involvement etc.

Am sure both sides didn't show all their cards and the Devils have a few players to come back for finals action, including our best player Phillips.

Parkside are obviously going to be tough to beat in the finals, but I agree with Callan that anything can happen in finals.

Just gotta get over the Cobras on Saturday, who probably start favourites are knocking us off last time.

I think you will find Choofa, the umpires (who many don't actually understand the rules when i comes to ruckman) must have taken a fairly dim view on his actions to report him. To say a ruckmans job is to charge at each other is a bit narrowminded. Your ruckman has history for trying to jump knee/feet first into the opponent to hurt them, but is very quick to pipe up when anything happens to him. Had he timed his jump at the ball then there can be legitimate contact in a ruck contest. If he has not jumped at the ball and taken the opponent out making no attempt at the ball then it is charging. Even worse considering the other player would have been wide open with his eyes up watching the ball.

geez u best enlighten me on that one, and all i can do tonight is defend a report of charging as per the report sheet, not narrowminded, thats what ruckman do, its a simple as that;)

been a bit to busy to post on here the last few days boys as i have been continuously drunk on our mad monday weekend.....but sobered up somewhat now to give a descent rundown on our game.

firstly i agree with all on here that it has been a good time with the banter with cain and he looked a little underdone on saturday but the guy we had playin on him did well and keept hi goalless for the first time all year so good work by our boy.

it is no sectret that i set our side to have a big last 4 or 5 games of the year and get some reward for the hard work the boys have done as i think we were prob another 2 or 3 win better side lookin back at the season. we restructured ourselves against parkside and it nearly paid off and i am yet to see another team try and play that style of footy against them which is interesting. i think that 'gameplan' would beat them if i was a albanvale or nth foot.
cain was right about our game we prob should have won by more as we couldnt keep the scoreboard pressure up and bury yarra. it was a good game tho my boys were rapt to shape the 5 and finish the year off with a win.
that win meant alot to the club and players hence the celebrations after the game and to see wyndhamvale with so many supporters and fans their after the game singing the song and hookin in to a few froffies is where i want this club to be at on a minimum for years to come.

denerz was awesome for us so was majak dawe and joey halloran from the jets, they have a big future in footy. every player had input into the game and that is what u want as a coach.

the vales 2010 season starts today, i am lookin forward to stepping into a different type of role down the club. look out for the vales in 2010 we will be bigger stronger and full of enthusiasm and looking to really build our club for our future....

hey guys i reckon u give kennedy a break, he is only a kid and he has immense talent and he is actually a really good bloke...i have only spoke to him on a handful of occasions but from what i can gather he prob just needs a litlle bit of a chop out with a few things.

all good players will get tagged and targeted and he has been for the last few years and as a young bloke that is hard to deal with, we certainly had a fair bit of banter with him last week and that is all good and its footy. i think kennedy prob needs to have some one pickin up the slack for him because if he has so much added preasure on him around the club with role model stuff and being a leader on the field and the hopes of the club with him i think he MAY IMO MAY be forgetting why he loves to play the game....he may have stopped enjoying it and that is not good because wheather he stays or goes from lavo if he is not happy at the end of this year it will impact on him for years to come.

this is just my opinion and if he gets suspended i am sure he will cop it sweet and learn from it. as its situations like this that make character in a player and defines them on how they react afterwards.....just my opinion boys

thanks for a good year of reading from u all....and lets just remember

evo is always right hahahahaha

i will be floating around at all finals seeing who is steepin up to beat parkside lol

I think the score line reflected the game. The 1st and much of the 2nd was fast paced, high pressure causing fumbles just like finals footy. As the game settled, our forwards made the most of opportunities and we tightened up defensively. Parkside had 3 players out due to injury who should also be available 2nd round of finals. Both North and Parkside will learn from the game and be better for such a solid hitout just before finals.

Was great to have Patty Davis kicking his 100th goal during the game. It’s an excellent effort as he missed 3 games with injury and the it’s now out of the way so we can all concentrate on finals footy.

As I, and many others have said before, finals is different footy. Anyone can be beaten on the day so you can’t stop training hard and rest of the home and away results.

Any comments from RD, Mint or North??

was a really good hit out to have before finals i will say that.. first half i thought was great with it being pretty even through ball possesion just parkside were converting their opportunities a lot better.

3rd Quarter set the win up for parkside and they played that very well but with no chance of ladder positions changing and coming into finals i think a few boys from both teams started to pull up on the intensity through the last..

having said that you must congratulate parkside on a undefeated season and patty for his 100 out of 13 games.. that is a awesome effort.

finals footy now and anything can happen. :thumbsu: good luck to everyone involved and well done to all those who played throughout the year.. we put up with a lot of s**t in this comp but at the end of the day the players stick fat to their clubs and turn up on a sat whether they are on the bottom or in the 5..

clearly went in to the contest with bad intentions.......

hey guys i reckon u give kennedy a break, he is only a kid and he has immense talent and he is actually a really good bloke...i have only spoke to him on a handful of occasions but from what i can gather he prob just needs a litlle bit of a chop out with a few things.

all good players will get tagged and targeted and he has been for the last few years and as a young bloke that is hard to deal with, we certainly had a fair bit of banter with him last week and that is all good and its footy. i think kennedy prob needs to have some one pickin up the slack for him because if he has so much added preasure on him around the club with role model stuff and being a leader on the field and the hopes of the club with him i think he MAY IMO MAY be forgetting why he loves to play the game....he may have stopped enjoying it and that is not good because wheather he stays or goes from lavo if he is not happy at the end of this year it will impact on him for years to come.

this is just my opinion and if he gets suspended i am sure he will cop it sweet and learn from it. as its situations like this that make character in a player and defines them on how they react afterwards.....just my opinion boys

thanks for a good year of reading from u all....and lets just remember

evo is always right hahahahaha

i will be floating around at all finals seeing who is steepin up to beat parkside lol

if evo is always right what are your predictions this weekend knackers........?

if evo is always right what are your predictions this weekend knackers........?

my pick is that deer park will beat lavo by about 38 points....they will have too much forward options and with seasoned bodies and players like robbo and the summers boys they will be just to strong for lavo....who would be happy with finals and continual improvment they have shown over the last 3 years.

in the other game i think albanvale will get up over nth foot. i think at their best they have the pottential to move the footy faster than anyone and their on ball line will be too much for nth to handle... this will be a close game tho and albanv ale by 2 goals, but they have to bring their best game otherwise nth will just get up.

parkside to win it in my eyes.

Evo,

2 things,

1. what was the restructure you did for the Parkside game. What game plan do you belive could undo Parkside's unbeaten season ?

2. You said in an earlier post that you are stepping into a different role at vales in 2010. What is it and are you not coaching ?

Cheers

choofa: Any news on kennedy did he get off? or did the wrfl rob another good player of a finals chance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

it is no sectret that i set our side to have a big last 4 or 5 games of the year and get some reward for the hard work the boys have done as i think we were prob another 2 or 3 win better side lookin back at the season. we restructured ourselves against parkside and it nearly paid off and i am yet to see another team try and play that style of footy against them which is interesting. i think that 'gameplan' would beat them if i was a albanvale or nth foot.
cain was right about our game we prob should have won by more as we couldnt keep the scoreboard pressure up and bury yarra. it was a good game tho my boys were rapt to shape the 5 and finish the year off with a win.
that win meant alot to the club and players hence the celebrations after the game and to see wyndhamvale with so many supporters and fans their after the game singing the song and hookin in to a few froffies is where i want this club to be at on a minimum for years to come.

denerz was awesome for us so was majak dawe and joey halloran from the jets, they have a big future in footy. every player had input into the game and that is what u want as a coach.

the vales 2010 season starts today, i am lookin forward to stepping into a different type of role down the club. look out for the vales in 2010 we will be bigger stronger and full of enthusiasm and looking to really build our club for our future....

The game plan didn't work and to say that an Albanvale or North would win with it is a long shot. If you didn't have the players to execute the game plan then how good a game plan was it? Give us some details.

Sorry champ, I know it looks like I'm pottin you but the boys being rapt about shaping the 5 doesn't really say much about setting a high standard at the Vales. I would think that being happy with the win is great but in all honesty, you'd want the boys to be filthy about the fact that they couldn't produce the similiar form more consistently throughout the season. That should put the fire in the belly, long after the alcohol of mad Monday has gone.
Anyhow, well done on your role in getting the wheels of change turning at WyndhamVale. The club needs blokes like you to help steer them out of mediocreville. Best of luck next year.

i am one!!!

Parkside will win in a canter. In saying that, will they be able to take the next step back up to div 1 with all there old blokes running around. Or do most think they will have a mass walk out at the end of year, players not wanting to take the next step?. Do Parkside have juniors?.

Parkside will win in a canter. In saying that, will they be able to take the next step back up to div 1 with all there old blokes running around. Or do most think they will have a mass walk out at the end of year, players not wanting to take the next step?. Do Parkside have juniors?.

Parkside are focused on this season first and there’s still a long way to go. No point speculating as finals pressure and injuries make it a new ball game.

I can confirm the Club Committee seems very strong and has been running a solid profit for the past 2 years. Done an excellent job getting sponsors on board and building the junior and auskick program.

As for your questions on Juniors. Our U18s won the B grade flag 2008 and every player stayed at the club with many of them playing senior footy this season. In my post last week I highlighted here have been 8 players from the U18’s last season who have played between 1-10 games for the Parkside 1s this year. Plenty more depth in years to come as this season our U18’s just missed out on making finals (by %) and our U16’s have gone straight into the grand final this weekend. Good luck Sunday boys!!

Most Senior, Reserve and junior players are local boys so I expect no reason any leaving at the club regardless of outcome in 2009.

Parkside are focused on this season first and there’s still a long way to go. No point speculating as finals pressure and injuries make it a new ball game.

I can confirm the Club Committee seems very strong and has been running a solid profit for the past 2 years. Done an excellent job getting sponsors on board and building the junior and auskick program.

As for your questions on Juniors. Our U18s won the B grade flag 2008 and every player stayed at the club with many of them playing senior footy this season. In my post last week I highlighted here have been 8 players from the U18’s last season who have played between 1-10 games for the Parkside 1s this year. Plenty more depth in years to come as this season our U18’s just missed out on making finals (by %) and our U16’s have gone straight into the grand final this weekend. Good luck Sunday boys!!

Most Senior, Reserve and junior players are local boys so I expect no reason any leaving at the club regardless of outcome in 2009.

My boy plays in the u/16s at Parks (no west u/16s), hope they win on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back