WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
did u see mints flying elbow before hendo clocked him very intresting lol..give mint credit the lil fella keeps gettn straight back up done it a few times yesterday, i tried to kill him and i thought i got him good but he got straight back up and beat me to the ball, ah well just gota hit u harder next time mate
andre and the crowd just kept reminding me how shit i was yesterday and it really did my head in so we had a few words, all good:thumbsu:

Hendo/Karim trying to take someone out - why am i thinking velvet sledgehammers.

so the big quesston boys. who will win this wk between hights and albanvale? will albanvale bounce back after last week or did north expose them to the hights coaching staff and better them for this next match
All eyes on me how are you buddy, looking good down there buddy. Ill be crossing my fingers for you good luck. You might get a chance to come back to Murphy's oval..........as the enemy but ha ha against big Brad Julier. Seriously good luck hope you win

All clubs that come up from Div 2 face the same headaches coming from being the big fish in the pond then becoming the small one again and dealing with it and churning away to reach the same goal as in Div 2. Alot of sides in Div 1 started the same way

Give us a spell Weapons. 30 goals. 50 goals. Who cares? Easy to say that but what is your solution?

I guess the main aim is to try and bring your playing group up with you and the top up with recruits the best way you can. It will be very difficult for one of the three teams left, but I see it a bit like the English Premier League. You try and prepare the best you can for Div.1, then when you get there you try and survive for the first couple of years. After that with a bit of luck and good management, slowly recruit better players though working hard on sponsorship, junior development and generating revenue by other means.

Of course the only exception is if you have rich benefactor, where you can then accelerate your growth.

my solution...........1 team im thinking of is ALTONA........definately done the right thing..........and im thinking along those lines rd1..........whilst it hasnt probably happened just yet for them in the next 2 or 3 years they will be up the top end of the ladder is my opinion..........shows me that you guys would be 5 or 6 years behind them........IF you win the flag........hasnt happened yet.........has it........why talk about going up if it hasnt happened.......:eek:..i wouldnt be........

my solution...........1 team im thinking of is ALTONA........definately done the right thing..........and im thinking along those lines rd1..........whilst it hasnt probably happened just yet for them in the next 2 or 3 years they will be up the top end of the ladder is my opinion..........shows me that you guys would be 5 or 6 years behind them........IF you win the flag........hasnt happened yet.........has it........why talk about going up if it hasnt happened.......:eek:..i wouldnt be........

Its like talking to a wall. I give up.

Its like talking to a wall. I give up.

dont worry, he is the size of a wall also, maybe the size of the great wall of china so dont stress, ur pretty much on the money with ur comment.....
onto the topic, i havent really read much of what u guys r saying, but im assuming it has to do with the jump up to Div 1???
lets just say fatty that u will never have to worry about it in ur time, so leave the topic alone and stick to ur Krispy Kremes

There's a lot of kids in their 1st year running around against these tops sides all doing there best against massive odds and good on them.

If blokes didn't want to stay after last year bad luck we were probably better off in the end. If you win this year you'd want to keep most of your players, it's a massive step up.[/quote

half of wests senior team was last years reserves team, i wonder why the all left it wasnt a money issue coz they had more than they did last year to spend. must of been that sandpit youse call a ground and that barn you call a clubroom or maybe the drunks running the place. send west back to divy 2 were they belong

All eyes on me how are you buddy, looking good down there buddy. Ill be crossing my fingers for you good luck. You might get a chance to come back to Murphy's oval..........as the enemy but ha ha against big Brad Julier. Seriously good luck hope you win

All clubs that come up from Div 2 face the same headaches coming from being the big fish in the pond then becoming the small one again and dealing with it and churning away to reach the same goal as in Div 2. Alot of sides in Div 1 started the same way

hay mate thanks!! yeah wishing you all the best aswell, ill be down to watch you guys and hoping you boys can get up aswell. About coming back to Murphys, thats a bit away atm but would be good to catch up with a few of the boys, was out with a few of them on sat nite. would hope we have a real ruckmen next year if we do come up or it could be along day for me!! hahaha

There's a lot of kids in their 1st year running around against these tops sides all doing there best against massive odds and good on them.

If blokes didn't want to stay after last year bad luck we were probably better off in the end. If you win this year you'd want to keep most of your players, it's a massive step up.[/quote

half of wests senior team was last years reserves team, i wonder why the all left it wasnt a money issue coz they had more than they did last year to spend. must of been that sandpit youse call a ground and that barn you call a clubroom or maybe the drunks running the place. send west back to divy 2 were they belong
Why do little sooks like you always complain about grounds? There's grass, dirt and a footy, just go and get one you big baby.

Why do little sooks like you always complain about grounds? There's grass, dirt and a footy, just go and get one you big baby.
There's alot of other things you could put your time into defending rather that your low ground. It should be shut down and you blokes should be taking a stand and get the council to do something about it. Its a joke to the league Div 1 lose Yarra and Parksides grounds 2 of the best and in return we get Wests...arent we lucky

There's alot of other things you could put your time into defending rather that your low ground. It should be shut down and you blokes should be taking a stand and get the council to do something about it. Its a joke to the league Div 1 lose Yarra and Parksides grounds 2 of the best and in return we get Wests...arent we lucky

So you get to play there once....boo hoo....why can't we play at Parkside? Guess what....you only play there once a year as well....get over it....

you got 2 things right theres dirt and a footy but theres no grass. didnt west improve, from winning a senior and a reserves flag to only winning one game each in the seniors and reserves this year. must be fun to be around there playing and watching them getting pumped every week. might aswell play on the car park atleast its flat, and probably softer and got more grass growing out of the cracks than on that desert youse call an oval

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you got 2 things right theres dirt and a footy but theres no grass. didnt west improve, from winning a senior and a reserves flag to only winning one game each in the seniors and reserves this year. must be fun to be around there playing and watching them getting pumped every week. might aswell play on the car park atleast its flat, and probably softer and got more grass growing out of the cracks than on that desert youse call an oval
Even before they put tar on the car park it was better than there field, where else can you go from dirt to mud to sand to rock hard then leave the ground only to cross the boundry and walk on grass ha ha Thank fu ck its only once a year WRFL might pay for a fence and play finals there next year fingers crossed.

I guess we don't get to play Heights anymore Frenchman so it's not as easy to win.

THE FRENCHMAN IS STILL A FOOL.

righto enough about west in this forum.........they are up there and they deserved it.......

MY TIPS
1ns
heights v albanvale.............heights
2s
albanvale v coburg..............albanvale
18'c
west magpies v deer park/sunshine........deer park/sunshine

all jnr teams made granny's at deer park only one left is the 18's.........cmon boys

congrats to the u/12b team fantasic granny win.........
14/b had a great year unlucky in the last game of the year........thats footy
16/c gee whiz boys 1 point loss never the less great year the only loss was the grand final.........that hurts

good luck to every 1 competing for that last spot at grand final glory........

Any update on who won the seniors game between albanvale and sunny heights ?

As for the 2's, all credit to the Albanvale guys, they were just alot bigger and used the ball better than Coburg today, Coburg had some unlucky shots at goal and wasted a few opurtunities just bombing into the forward line right near there ruckman, ah well, should be a good game next week.

Well done to Heights on a great victory, bagging yourself on Big Footy and then putting it on the wall in the clubrooms was inspirational.

Are you going to do it again this week?

Good luck to Dragons and Devils this week, should be a close one.

Well I guess its now time to tell the men from the boys.......

Devils v Dragons....

For the winner, bragging rights for 12 months & the chance to play in Div 1

For the loser, back to the drawing board....

My tip, Heights by at least 6 goals (if not more)

Very interesting to see that Bomber has announced he will no longer be at Heights next year, good luck to him wherever he chooses to continue his coaching career.

Should be a cracker of a game....

righto enough about west in this forum.........they are up there and they deserved it.......

MY TIPS
1ns
heights v albanvale.............heights
2s
albanvale v coburg..............albanvale
18'c
west magpies v deer park/sunshine........deer park/sunshine

all jnr teams made granny's at deer park only one left is the 18's.........cmon boys

congrats to the u/12b team fantasic granny win.........
14/b had a great year unlucky in the last game of the year........thats footy
16/c gee whiz boys 1 point loss never the less great year the only loss was the grand final.........that hurts

good luck to every 1 competing for that last spot at grand final glory........

Sorry to disappont you weapons but your under 18s didnt make the cut...Western Magpies far too good in the last half, to win the game quite convincingly.....they put an end to your "perfect grand finals appearances" I hope your juniors dont expect to follow in the footsteps of your seniors.....that will give them very short finals aspirations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back