WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
centre square is like a rock,far side of ground is nice and soft under foot hard nearer to club rooms just cant understand why junior finals are played at yarraville yet we have to play on a discraceful ground like altona
very poor by the league
I agree with that

There r so many other grounds out there that sh*t all over Altona. Another forgotten ground just up the road is Central Altona, i reckon that is a much better ground.

For the people that have gone out and had a look or played on Altona as a finals venue how is everyone rating it so far ?

i played on it yes its big yes its wide and it gets windy but i tell u what i seen yarraville on sunday and its a quagmire...terrible........

altona's the way to go.........a bit of rain and the middle will be sweet........ground as a whole probably in the best nick as what ive seen this year..........

the only difference that i see is that teams arnt used to the wide open spaces of altona.......hence the albanvale/heights game........cause our grounds arnt as big........

7/10 for me......it would get an 8 or 9 but the wind factor brings it back to a 7.........

cheers

The North Footscray Football Club are looking for players to participate in the over 35's super-rules football league in 2009.

If you are interested or would like more information, please attend a meeting@7:30pm on 27th August, 2008 at the clubrooms.

If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can contact Aldo Pagano on 0417304514 for more details.

The North Footscray Football Club are looking for players to participate in the over 35's super-rules football league in 2009.

If you are interested or would like more information, please attend a meeting@7:30pm on 27th August, 2008 at the clubrooms.

If you are unable to attend the meeting, you can contact Aldo Pagano on 0417304514 for more details.

they should join the footscray super-rules who have players from all the teams in the wrfl instead of trying to line there own pockets. Nth footscray were once known as dads army before they got relegated to divy 2.

Hey Karim.....

I am just interested to know why on Sunday (2's game) Jetta was stripped and ready to play, then a few minutes into the game, he walked from the bench to the rooms and got changed.

Can you shed some light on it???

Hey Karim.....

I am just interested to know why on Sunday (2's game) Jetta was stripped and ready to play, then a few minutes into the game, he walked from the bench to the rooms and got changed.

Can you shed some light on it???

i think the club wasnt sure if he was allowed to play 2nds as he has not played in the 2nds so far this year. they wernt sure on the rules and didnt want to risk it..

does anyone here know the rule? if both side are in the finals can any player play in any team? or do they have to of had a certain number of games in the 2nds?

i think the club wasn't sure if he was allowed to play 2nd's as he has not played in the 2nd's so far this year. they want sure on the rules and didn't want to risk it..

does anyone here know the rule? if both side are in the finals can any player play in any team? or do they have to of had a certain number of games in the 2nds?

As far as I know, the rule is that any player is free to play either seniors or reserves as long as both teams are playing finals on the same weekend.

JP's the rules guru at your club but I am sure others will confirm the above prior to your next training night.

i think the club wasnt sure if he was allowed to play 2nds as he has not played in the 2nds so far this year. they wernt sure on the rules and didnt want to risk it..

if both teams are playing on the same weekend then it doesnt matter. but if your senior side is still in but have a weeks rest only senior players that have qualified for reserves can play.

Karim,

Obe1 is correct. If both sides are playing on the same weekend, then players can play in whatever side they are picked in regardless of how many games they have played in the twos.

So does that mean Jetta was dropped from the ones??? Why didnt he play on the saturday???

Karim,

Obe1 is correct. If both sides are playing on the same weekend, then players can play in whatever side they are picked in regardless of how many games they have played in the twos.

So does that mean Jetta was dropped from the ones??? Why didnt he play on the saturday???

has been watching his son leroy play the last 2 weeks..

is that y the cobras put in a complaint to the league about our 2s playing unqualified players? because the player in question has actually played 2 games in the 2s anyway. or is it out of a bit of fear that the heights magoos can do saome damage deep in the finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is that y the cobras put in a complaint to the league about our 2s playing unqualified players? because the player in question has actually played 2 games in the 2s anyway. or is it out of a bit of fear that the heights magoos can do saome damage deep in the finals?

Only way Heights magoos are a chance TW is if the seniors don't make the Grand Final (which I don't think will happen) and you can drop a few back.

Has anyone heard from TD??? Interesting selection tonight for him. Heard he has a few unhappy campers. Bomber out Grima in..!! Just who is pulling the strings down there?????

Two wins by the devils today over Albanvale. The reserve got up by 2 or so goals after holding off the cobras who were kicking with the win in the last. Full credit to the devils coaching staff in this match for not dropping a loose one back in the last. Brave move, but it paid off. The devils kicked two into the breeze in the last and in the end that was pretty much the difference.

I left before half time in the ones however i have been informed they got up by 94 points. Better players for the devils while i was there were phillips, small onballer (1) and devlin provided a good target up forward kicking two in the first quarter.

Thompson and williams both potentially back in for GF which makes selection interesting in a fortnight (good for the twos depth though).

Ground looked in fantastic condition given the recent rain. It was quite frosty though and the cherry lake breeze was up and about, especially during the reserves.

Anyone tipping Parkside tomorrow?

Two wins by the devils today over Albanvale. The reserve got up by 2 or so goals after holding off the cobras who were kicking with the win in the last. Full credit to the devils coaching staff in this match for not dropping a loose one back in the last. Brave move, but it paid off. The devils kicked two into the breeze in the last and in the end that was pretty much the difference.

I left before half time in the ones however i have been informed they got up by 94 points. Better players for the devils while i was there were phillips, small onballer (1) and devlin provided a good target up forward kicking two in the first quarter.

Thompson and williams both potentially back in for GF which makes selection interesting in a fortnight (good for the twos depth though).

Ground looked in fantastic condition given the recent rain. It was quite frosty though and the cherry lake breeze was up and about, especially during the reserves.

Anyone tipping Parkside tomorrow?

Travvy stop cutting my lunch with the match reports. Good to see you there mate.

Great day for the club. Lets hope we can make it all worth while in 2 weeks at Chirnside Park.

Magoos by about 2 goals. Cobras were a little inaccurate in front of goal but the Devils were leading all day. Best IMO were Webster, Saunders and Luke.

Seniors smashed the Cobras by 94 points. Devlin and Lucas kicked 6, Neville 4. Terrific performance. Best IMO were Phillips, Richardson and Devlin.

hey rd1 wot happened with the 2 sendoffs in the magoos? i saw a red to an albanvale player does that mean an automatic 2 weeks? and was the send off 4 u guys just a send off or a report?

hey rd1 wot happened with the 2 sendoffs in the magoos? i saw a red to an albanvale player does that mean an automatic 2 weeks? and was the send off 4 u guys just a send off or a report?

Not exactly sure but I thought the red card meant two weeks for the Cobra in question - no.57.

Scott Kenny got reported and a yellow card for the Devils. He was late, but no way was it worth a report. Hopefully he will get off as he has been great for the club.

TW - did you see both matches? what was your view on the day?

i was there thought in the 1s north were far to good and the score justified the game played. best were phillips devlin and lucas for albanvale i thought catania was good along with young brooks and azzopardi showing glimpses.

in the 2s thought north were by far the better team on the day but if albanvale had kicked straighter particularly from their set shots then they may have stolen the match. definitly a step up from last weeknds games and hopefully we can get up 2moro and challenge albanvale for a berth in the gf

Scott Kenny got reported and a yellow card for the Devils. He was late, but no way was it worth a report. Hopefully he will get off as he has been great for the club.

Certainly a free kick and maybe even a 50 however a yellow card and report was way over the top i thought. Should have no worries getting off.

Sorry to steal your thunder too.

Was at the game today, north looked awsome today, on todays performance they would have one da flag, aubanvale didn't look right today, were second to the ball, not hard and didnt chase. Luckily for them they have next week. Big game tomorow, i think Parkside will have to play there best to have a sniff against heights. Will be very intersting to see if the parkers can stop Malia, Greto and Mickaladies.
All will be known tomorrow. Good uck to both teams.

PS: Where are ya TD, has anyone seen or heard TD after a loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back