WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DEER PARK vrs WESTERN MAGPIES

Yarraville is out of the question the council has said the League cant use the ground for SENIOR finals, i know for a fact that the councils put to the League why dont you use Parkside.

The WRFL dont care about Division 2 footy all they worry about is the $$$$ coming in from Finals

not sure if footscray edgewater c.c. will agree with that. surely they would be trying to prepare their wicket by then, isnt that the same reason they dont play finals willi vfl ground?

if u look at the edfl div 2, im sure they play at windy hill. i agree minty a dust bowl and i dont even think altona r playing on their big ground this year, i was under the impression they were playing on their smaller ground. is that where theyr gona play the finals?

not sure if footscray edgewater c.c. will agree with that. surely they would be trying to prepare their wicket by then, isnt that the same reason they dont play finals willi vfl ground?

if u look at the edfl div 2, im sure they play at windy hill. i agree minty a dust bowl and i dont even think altona r playing on their big ground this year, i was under the impression they were playing on their smaller ground. is that where theyr gona play the finals?

you are right. EDFL div 2 play finals at Windy Hill.. was in the EDFL last year and that ground was immaculate.. as you would expect. the NFL play on Northern Bullants VFL ground.... the Eastern Football Leauge play on mitcham or other great grounds in the area.. why cant the WRFL take a leaf out of another leauges book and do the right thing by its div 2 clubs!!

Altona are playing on the smaller ground due to a couple of reasons
1. beacuase they kept getting smashed by big scores on the larger grounds.. they could convert and kick a score. so to battle this they went to the smaller ground
2. Becuase the BIGGER ground is TERRIBLE and it is a dust bowl.

Surely the leauge has to see that if the club that owns the ground doesnt even want to play on it.. WHY PLAY FINALS ON IT!!

In my opinion Yarraville is the best ground to play finals on in our region. Its not too big or too small and the old grandstand is great provides a good atmosphere for local finals footy.

Worst ground to play finals on are Altona #1 ground or Central Altona which the league continue to use year after year.

In my opinion Yarraville is the best ground to play finals on in our region. Its not too big or too small and the old grandstand is great provides a good atmosphere for local finals footy.

Worst ground to play finals on are Altona #1 ground or Central Altona which the league continue to use year after year.

You are 100% right Unit.. they are the worst grounds to play finals on and clearly the leauge do not care where div 2 is played.. but they will still gladly take the thousands of dollars of each club every year to support themselves....

how about providing a decent ground for the teams that have earnt a finals spot... you do it for div 1 why cant they do it for the teams that work just as hard with a much smaller budget!!

Does anyone think Lavo can be competitive with Heights this week?

Deer park have smashed us in the past and we managed to beat them but Heights have destroyed us by 40+ goals in recent times.

I don't think you can be competitive. Heights will win by more than 10 goals.

Only chance is if you take the game on. Can't afford to have Kennedy sitting in the hole all day.

st albans havent got fencing all the way around and i know for a fact the league have told them they need to put temporary fencing around the ground to ensure that free riders cant just get in, and stalbans have to pay for it. but wotever they outlay u would triple anyway in takings over the bar and canteen.

does anybody actually know which ground at altona we will play on small or big and seeing as though they havent played at all on the big ground is it in good nick(besides wind factor)?

a couple of interesting games today boys, could put a massive dent in some finals aspirations....
if results go against parkside in the next fortnight then they could drop out of the finals.
my tips:
cobras over the falcons by shite loads
Coburg by much of the same over the roadrunners
Heights by 20 goals against the magpies from laverton
and this is where it gets interesting....

the devils to beat the magpies from parkside by 20 goals without patty who is going to kick all their goals, will they recall the forgotten man in faisal or risk another 2s filling the void? plenty of questions that need answering??? rd/tats/decka/minty would love a full match report after the game.

an finally following last weeks upsets im tipping danny kellys mob down at bomber land to put the first nail in deer parks season after the cues have been firmly put in the rack for 2008. brookers by 6 goals to keep their slim finals chances alive (a win this week and next against lavo could see them take parksides spot in the 5)

a couple of interesting games today boys, could put a massive dent in some finals aspirations....
if results go against parkside in the next fortnight then they could drop out of the finals.
my tips:
cobras over the falcons by shite loads
Coburg by much of the same over the roadrunners
Heights by 20 goals against the magpies from laverton
and this is where it gets interesting....

the devils to beat the magpies from parkside by 20 goals without patty who is going to kick all their goals, will they recall the forgotten man in faisal or risk another 2s filling the void? plenty of questions that need answering??? rd/tats/decka/minty would love a full match report after the game.

an finally following last weeks upsets im tipping danny kellys mob down at bomber land to put the first nail in deer parks season after the cues have been firmly put in the rack for 2008. brookers by 6 goals to keep their slim finals chances alive (a win this week and next against lavo could see them take parksides spot in the 5)

all over red rover for deer park......seniors........
pretty close typwriter i think the final margian was 7 or 8 goals.........

Your full of crap weapons, do you not think the top 2 will be giving it everything so they can have the weeks spell. I also heard that you will tank the nth game to ensure your 2s make it by beating nth. can you confirm

very true......should see the side the 2's will have next week.......2's are home you fool to make the finals its up to us on where we will finish......

tanks are us.......

mate im not making up stories, just heard it from 2 different ppl so i thought id put it out there and ask the questiion, they also said there would be quite a few kids in the 1s in the last 3 games.

not sure if finishing 6th is going backwards. if any team loses there better players to injury they will struggle. also much more even comp this year with the improved efforts of western magpies and braybrook the 2 surprise packets this year. also not gona be easy against the brookers this week with their slim finals chances on the line this week

well tell me who they were..........???
your full of sh1t..........

mate it doesnt matter who it is it looks like i may have been right!!!! heard there will be a few kids playing in the 1s in the next fortnight?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mate it doesnt matter who it is it looks like i may have been right!!!! heard there will be a few kids playing in the 1s in the next fortnight?

and why shouldnt there be any kids in.........should have been plaing them all year.......is my opinion....your still full of sh1t....:mad:

its great to blood ur kids.... when uve given up on the season.

its fantastic to be blooding kids and if u read past posts i am a big advocate for it but u cant play a huge number and expect results straight away, hence giving up on 08 and concentrating on 09.

will ur president be all for playing your home grown kids in the seniors or will he just go out and buy what he needs??? i was involved in a junior program a few years ago where goldie was senior coach and not once in that year did he come and watch the under 18s to see the talented kids he had at his disposal. he preferred to go and buy big name players with big attitudes for minimal result.

Bloody very boring on this forum, ill spice it up a bit

Heights have the flag in the bag, Malia, greto, caruna x2, my man Naz, mickaladies and matty robbo will be good enough for very average competition.

North, will also play in the granny, but cant seem winning the big 1.

Albanvale, dont think they can get the job done, another year in div 2.

The rest of the teams dont have the cattle to challange it in finals.

umpired the 2s today, bloody hell it a frustrating job. Can never kep the boys happy, decakroo what do u think of my umpiring.:thumbsu:

unless things get exciting, i have hung the boots on big footy. Good luck to all teams, see ya next saturday toney dalaney.;).

tats

does anybody actually know which ground at altona we will play on small or big and seeing as though they havent played at all on the big ground is it in good nick(besides wind factor)?

Finals will be played on the big ground.

Altona seniors have used this ground since the week after QB Weekend so you above comment is incorrect.

its great to blood ur kids.... when uve given up on the season.

its fantastic to be blooding kids and if u read past posts i am a big advocate for it but u cant play a huge number and expect results straight away, hence giving up on 08 and concentrating on 09.

will ur president be all for playing your home grown kids in the seniors or will he just go out and buy what he needs??? i was involved in a junior program a few years ago where goldie was senior coach and not once in that year did he come and watch the under 18s to see the talented kids he had at his disposal. he preferred to go and buy big name players with big attitudes for minimal result.

well if you know our president go and ask him.......i wouldnt have a clue what he is going to do........

2 kids played today and did a good job after playing 3/4 in the 18's already..........and its the first time they have played in 9 or 10 weeks so where ever your getting your info from they dont have a clue.........

mate if you want me to say we are giving up on the year your a dill and i would never do/say it its not in the deer park culture to give up.........

and if your talking about albion when he bought in big name players most of them are playing in the ressies at the moment cause they have spent an extra 30 or 40 g's and thats what he told the club when he was at the helm they needed to be competitive hence their possie on the ladder atm.......with out the $$$$ you wont be able to compete.......in the top comp........so good luck.........:rolleyes:

Heights have the flag in the bag, Malia, greto, caruna x2, my man Naz, mickaladies and matty robbo will be good enough for very average competition.

umpired the 2s today, bloody hell it a frustrating job. Can never kep the boys happy, decakroo what do u think of my umpiring.:thumbsu:

unless things get exciting, i have hung the boots on big footy. Good luck to all teams, see ya next saturday toney dalaney.;).

tats

about bl00dy time..........you still cant spell;)

tats

Mate I'm from North and I actually thought your umpiring was pretty good. Maybe a few soft 50's in the last quarter, but much better than some of the other cheats we get as umpires

Mate I'm from North and I actually thought your umpiring was pretty good. Maybe a few soft 50's in the last quarter, but much better than some of the other cheats we get as umpires

I think all u want from an umpire in div 2 ressies is consistency i dont mind if theyre whistle happy or they let the play go on as long as they are consistent for both teams. lavertons umpire yesterday was fantastic was fair for both sides.

so tats u gona umpire again next week or r u gona play?

Good 100+ point win by the Devils over Parkside yesterday. Parkside tried to go the knuckle at times, but as Tats said just don't have the cattle. Paddy Davis wasn't playing, but wouldn't have made much difference.

Best IMO were Phillips, Richardson and D.Williams.

Also heard that as Parkside had a few out, 3 players in the magoos declined the opporunity to play ones. If true, that is very poor form.

Devils are now 3% behind Heights on the ladder. We have to play Deer Park and Wyndhamvale, while Heights have Parkside and Deer Park. As I said earlier in the week, looks like DP will miss out finals. Would be a very disappointing result after starting the season with a bang.

Heard coach Dallas from Lavo. on the radio last night. Said that the Magpies had 60% of the play against Heights. Obviously wasn't at the game, but Heights won by 80 points and had triple the scoring shots!

Tats I watched the magoos and you were fair. Had to laugh though as you looked like a bit of a muppet wearing jeans!

Go Devils! Watch out Deer Park as we have more players to come back into the seniors this week!

tats

Hey Tats,

I thought you did a great job mate. A few marks were paid that i thought didn't travel 15 metres, but we spoke about that and all was good. There a far worse umpires out there, but i wont knock them, cos without them we dont play.

Overall both umpries did well and that game was played in pretty good spirits. You guys have a few good kids cooming through. I think a couple that played in the twos yesterday could sneak in the ones.... they did really well.

So when are you back Tats?? Or is a the knee injury season ending??

tats

thought you did ok aswell mate. watched the first half and apart from being the first umpire in jeans... i though it was a fair performance:thumbsu:

just on why you think you cant see us winning the big one ? what is your reason behind it ? interested to hear it :thumbsu:

well i think i will post 1 last time, nah mate im out for the year, have to have an operation.

Its funny because i never had intentions of umpiring,i came to watch North for the first time and the 2s didnt have an umpire, so i told them i will umpire. The last time i umpired was 2 years ago so i was a bit rusty.

Dont take me wrong, north probally can win the big one, but they need to be harder at the contest, just felt you like to run and overlap. Height have couple of hard players who will give them first use of the footy.

Typewritter i am not sure if im umpiring, if they need me i will be more than happy. If the other umpire is there i will be sitting by the side lines.

Probally be better if i dont umpire, any decision i make they will say im cheating.

Weaponns u are a di--head, go back into your box u clown.

See ya in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back