WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey coles reserve, could not make it last night and you give us a quick update

Heres an update .

Got up to kinglake about 5.30 nice drive to the middle of nowhere .

Ground was green and in good nick .

Districts started slow but as more blokes turned up from work the goals started coming no scores were kept but in the end Districts would of won quite well .

Alot of the boys in very good shape fitness looked very good (beaten last yr already easily ) .

Moved the ball well once they got going and chains of handballs along with some good hard running was the key .

Kinglake also didn't look as bad as there record shows had some not bad players.

21 started the game at 6 o clock and by quarter time there was 35 players . ( only 2 umpires by the way smg ) A few new faces in that .

The backline is coming together .

The forward line is looking a treat .

And the midfielders are very fit and a few yards quicker than last yr .

It wasnt a bad hit out for a first praccy and the kinglake people turned out to have a look and were super nice hosts as well , canteen running bar full ............ sensational

No major injuries which was a plus but fair to say some boys will be a bit sore good spirit shown by both sides .

Heres an update .

Got up to kinglake about 5.30 nice drive to the middle of nowhere .

Ground was green and in good nick .

Districts started slow but as more blokes turned up from work the goals started coming no scores were kept but in the end Districts would of won quite well .

Alot of the boys in very good shape fitness looked very good (beaten last yr already easily ) .

Moved the ball well once they got going and chains of handballs along with some good hard running was the key .

Kinglake also didn't look as bad as there record shows had some not bad players.

21 started the game at 6 o clock and by quarter time there was 35 players . ( only 2 umpires by the way smg ) A few new faces in that .

The backline is coming together .

The forward line is looking a treat .

And the midfielders are very fit and a few yards quicker than last yr .

It wasnt a bad hit out for a first praccy and the kinglake people turned out to have a look and were super nice hosts as well , canteen running bar full ............ sensational

No major injuries which was a plus but fair to say some boys will be a bit sore good spirit shown by both sides .

so your gun f/ward in shepherd didnt do a hammy...........lol
he usually does something stupid when things arnt going well..........:eek:

so your gun f/ward in shepherd didnt do a hammy...........lol
he usually does something stupid when things arnt going well..........:eek:

Nah - Shep finishing his cricket commitments and didn't play ...so his hammys should last another day if he decides to play this year................

Nah - Shep finishing his cricket commitments and didn't play ...so his hammys should last another day if he decides to play this year................

hahaha he hasnt told you they got flogged in the semi final and finished last week........
didnt know teams celebrate after a loss..........?
i know everything:thumbsu:

Extract from the Parkside website (yes I have nothing better to do)...

The Parkside Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Pat Davis - Goal Kicking Full forward and Premiership Player for the 2008 season. This is a great vote of confidence in the club, the direction it is heading and a true indication of the momentum that is building. There is a true feeling of expectation of a successful 2008 season & a return to Division 1 Football where Parkside belongs. With over 50 Senior players attending Pre-season training the Parkside Football Club is on track to decide our own fate in 2008.

and off the Albanvale website....surely the ugliest website on the Web.

Mr Albanvale - 2007
Funniest Player
karim.JPG

Jason Karim - The Clown Prince

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extract from the Parkside website (yes I have nothing better to do)...

The Parkside Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Pat Davis - Goal Kicking Full forward and Premiership Player for the 2008 season. This is a great vote of confidence in the club, the direction it is heading and a true indication of the momentum that is building. There is a true feeling of expectation of a successful 2008 season & a return to Division 1 Football where Parkside belongs. With over 50 Senior players attending Pre-season training the Parkside Football Club is on track to decide our own fate in 2008.

so does this mean all the players that left heights will leave parkside cause they wernt given a go......when/if they go back to div 1 players leave and we have a west all over again..........interesting.........

good player patty d........

d/p have a praccy match somewhere in the bush as well.......dunno who dunno where but im sure ill get some info from the game for you boys........

cheers

http://www.albanvale.asn.au/Sound Files/Cobra Theme.mp3

Click on this link to hear the Cobras song....not sure why you want to be a snake. A Devil is much cooler.

id rather be a devil after hearing that pansy song.......im sure it would get sung with a bit more gusto than that...........lol

in fact id rather be a lion.........roar.....lol

hey RD1 i cant even find my own clubs website yer its pretty sad.......with your computer abillities could get me the site addy.........

id rather be a devil after hearing that pansy song.......im sure it would get sung with a bit more gusto than that...........lol

in fact id rather be a lion.........roar.....lol

hey RD1 i cant even find my own clubs website yer its pretty sad.......with your computer abillities could get me the site addy.........

I don't think they have a site Weapons. Try google. There is a old addresses.

ok from what ive heard from the grapvines is very interesting on how west are in the situation they are now . last year after the grand final victory they told the senior group that they were going 2 recruit 15-20 good divy 1 players, the senior group thought they were not wanted or were not good enough and started looking to go elsewhere. west never called any of them and before blokes had moved on, west already assumed they had. we all know west havnt recruited and are looking at folding or struggling badly , so therve starting bagging all the players that have left or rumored to leave and these are the players they never had in there plans to make divy 1 finals. the commitee are blaming the players for there current situation but it is the commitee and the coaches fault for there current situation. one coach has already stepped down and the other coach from what i hear is a top bloke off the field but is not liked as a coach. there were players that hadnt yet trained and were staying but had been rumored to leave by the west commitee and coaches. once these players found out they were getting bad mouthed they didnt want to play there anymore. funny that these players are labelled as merchaniery's but none of them were offered 2 year contracts becuase west only wanted them for a divy 2 flag and didnt want them for division 1. if this is the end of west footscray the coaching staff and commitee have only themselves to blame . i guess that 5 year plan was to destroy the club .

the frenchman knows all

Thank you Robert Walls for this insightful information...

a few of the brunswick players are signing at west. apparently they go oright too...
chickie deffinatley playing at west. Darley was too far for him to go...

ok from what ive heard from the grapvines is very interesting on how west are in the situation they are now . last year after the grand final victory they told the senior group that they were going 2 recruit 15-20 good divy 1 players, the senior group thought they were not wanted or were not good enough and started looking to go elsewhere. west never called any of them and before blokes had moved on, west already assumed they had. we all know west havnt recruited and are looking at folding or struggling badly , so therve starting bagging all the players that have left or rumored to leave and these are the players they never had in there plans to make divy 1 finals. the commitee are blaming the players for there current situation but it is the commitee and the coaches fault for there current situation. one coach has already stepped down and the other coach from what i hear is a top bloke off the field but is not liked as a coach. there were players that hadnt yet trained and were staying but had been rumored to leave by the west commitee and coaches. once these players found out they were getting bad mouthed they didnt want to play there anymore. funny that these players are labelled as merchaniery's but none of them were offered 2 year contracts becuase west only wanted them for a divy 2 flag and didnt want them for division 1. if this is the end of west footscray the coaching staff and commitee have only themselves to blame . i guess that 5 year plan was to destroy the club .

the frenchman knows all

Well frenchman, news also comes from other sources inside the club and it goes a little like this. Most players were told that they were required for the 08 season. Signings weren't attempted until players made their level of commitment known. For a club with not a lot of cash to start throwing contracts at players who were all promises and delivered little is not too bright. As usual, many were happy to play div 2 but were a little apprehensive of making the step up. You know what type of player we're talking about? " Yeah I'll be there mate no worries" Well they haven't turned up or may have made one or two appearances at training. Yeah...I'd honour that sort of commitment with a contract!!! Nah.

I find it a bit unbelievable for a club to be as stupid as to tell the boys who won them the flag that getting a game next year will be near impossible because of a mass recruiting drive of Div 1 footballers. Number one, news from inside said that they were only keen to survive div 1 in the first year and build on it. Number 2, only an absolute idiot would believe that they can snare a whole team of Div 1 footballers in one pre-season of recruiting. Number Three, one fool thinking along those lines would never be able to advertise such a ridiculous idea.

If the club goes under, a big thanks will have to go to the fragile egos of the players who can't handle criticism. Especially criticism which is warranted due to a poor level of commitment and inflated opinions of themselves.

Well frenchman, news also comes from other sources inside the club and it goes a little like this. Most players were told that they were required for the 08 season. Signings weren't attempted until players made their level of commitment known. For a club with not a lot of cash to start throwing contracts at players who were all promises and delivered little is not too bright. As usual, many were happy to play div 2 but were a little apprehensive of making the step up. You know what type of player we're talking about? " Yeah I'll be there mate no worries" Well they haven't turned up or may have made one or two appearances at training. Yeah...I'd honour that sort of commitment with a contract!!! Nah.

I find it a bit unbelievable for a club to be as stupid as to tell the boys who won them the flag that getting a game next year will be near impossible because of a mass recruiting drive of Div 1 footballers. Number one, news from inside said that they were only keen to survive div 1 in the first year and build on it. Number 2, only an absolute idiot would believe that they can snare a whole team of Div 1 footballers in one pre-season of recruiting. Number Three, one fool thinking along those lines would never be able to advertise such a ridiculous idea.

If the club goes under, a big thanks will have to go to the fragile egos of the players who can't handle criticism. Especially criticism which is warranted due to a poor level of commitment and inflated opinions of themselves.

confusing post. You blaming the players or the admin?

I personally heard the coach say on radio last year that they were paying $40K in 07 and would double that in 08 if they went up. also said that they had started recruiting for 08 (this was about round 10) and that they expected to recruit 10 to 15 players.

make yor own decision on whos fault it is as to why west are stuffed

confusing post. You blaming the players or the admin?

I personally heard the coach say on radio last year that they were paying $40K in 07 and would double that in 08 if they went up. also said that they had started recruiting for 08 (this was about round 10) and that they expected to recruit 10 to 15 players.

make yor own decision on whos fault it is as to why west are stuffed

Spot on Wombat44 . FiloBeddoe i just posted what i heard from a fair few of the west boys ,and they all seemed to have the same story, and from your post id say your a committee member down at west . exactly what i posted, west committee blaming the players. the commitee especially bones were the ones saying we are going to recruit 15-20 quality players ,spend 100k and make the finals. yes the players were not told they werent wanted or needed but obviously if you were going to make the finals and recruit 15 quality players most would not of got a senior game. when you go out and recruit half a team of players that only play divy 2 for cash and flags you should of known this was going to happen.

the frenchman knows all

French

Too easy to say that I must be a committee member and that's why the players are copping the blame. About the Div 1 players..........Bones said nothing of the sort when I spoke to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back