WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey devil/decka, how was the umpiring in the 2s last week?

Hey TD,

The umpiring was not great. As mentioned by RD1, he sent off one of our blokes half way through the third qrt for back chatting. He gave him a yellow first and then when he was questioned about that, he showed him the red. The most annoying thing is that he gives frees kicks that are nowhere near him..... free kicks that are in the half of the ground being controled by the other umpire.

CD played well and fought it out till the final siren. We had quite a few blokes out and the skills were terrible all day. For us now, we just cant afford to drop one, cos it will cost us top spot. A weeks rest will come in handy!

So your an umpire then.

The e mail that went out today said he got two, suggest you look a bit closer and kicking has changed to misconduct.

The initial email sent out by the league was an error. It said 2 weeks, but 1 week is the correct punishment.

What it means is that he won't play against North Footscray, but will be back for Sunshine Heights the following week.

With only 3 matches to go my predictions for the top 5;

North Footscray 60
Sunshine Heights 60
Albanvale 52
Parkside 36
Coburg Districts 36
-------------------------
Deer Park 36

Deer Park have to play North Footscray and Sunshine Heights, but unfortunately not North Sunshine or Wyndhamvale to help with percentage.

Parkside will miss out in the magoos.

Not great. Couple of overrules from 150 metres away and a red card given to a Devil young guy for a bit of lip half way through the 3rd quarter.

Devils reserves were poor though, but full credit to CD who played well and could have snatched it at the end. Looks like the magoos will go through undefeated though as I can't see Parkside and Deer Park knocking them off.

We have a heap of blokes coming back from injury, so a lot of pressure on spots in both sides over the next few weeks.

footy is a funny game RD1........maybe you cant see it i can......:thumbsu:

With only 3 matches to go my predictions for the top 5;

North Footscray 60
Sunshine Heights 60
Albanvale 52
Parkside 36
Coburg Districts 36
-------------------------
Deer Park 36

Deer Park have to play North Footscray and Sunshine Heights, but unfortunately not North Sunshine or Wyndhamvale to help with percentage.

Parkside will miss out in the magoos.

hahahaha maybe just maybe we could work something out with sunny heights and get a weeks rest just before the finals........that being said they would be fresh for the albanvale game........gee our ground is hard at the moment hammo.........:eek:

that being said we need a massive upset and i think we are good enough ''but'' need 21 contributors not 5 or 6..........which im told that was the case last week.......

Re: DEER PARK vrs WESTERN MAGPIES

You are a goose my friend, you were lucky to beat the Magpies at your home ground earlier this year.And as for dirty players Dipper the fat snake starts throwing them when he gets shut down and what about Rocky gets shut down and has maybe 6 possesions.
Western Magpies too good for Deer Park get over it goose
i agree he his a dirty rat bag: just on a quick note each club has their rough and dirty players - can anyone name a few from each club - paddy from parkside is in teh same boat. SH, CD and NF - who are they?

i agree he his a dirty rat bag: just on a quick note each club has their rough and dirty players - can anyone name a few from each club - paddy from parkside is in teh same boat. SH, CD and NF - who are they?
awwwwwwwww mate why go there now even more shit gonna be said! each side knows who theirs are and most rival clubs know whose their opponents ones are! dont think this crap needs to be aired really! i dont give a rats arse who is the dirty player at each club and im sure most others dont either! lets just talk footy its gettin down to the serious end of the season apart from the top 2 anyone else think they know who will make up the rest of the final sides and do you think that anyone lower then norths or sunny heights can cause an upset and win ths years granny???

heard a little rumour last night maybe weapons can confirm or deny......
deer park have realised that they are not going to be able to compete and seriously challenge the top teams this year, so have inturn put the cue in the rack for 2008 inorder to save some cash (not having to pay their players in the finals) to make a massive recruitment drive and major push for the flag in 2009. hence the loss last week to magpies(no offence unit). Weapons??????????

deer park have realised that they are not going to be able to compete and seriously challenge the top teams this year, so have inturn put the cue in the rack for 2008 inorder to save some cash (not having to pay their players in the finals) to make a massive recruitment drive and major push for the flag in 2009. hence the loss last week to magpies(no offence unit). Weapons??????????

Players don't get paid to play in finals Typewriter. Deer Park may be different but I doubt it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah against parkside we're actually gonna swap the 1s and 2s around so we ensure we win

Wayne Carey has also put up his hand to play, due
to his celebrity status the league has granted an exemption
which has allowed him to register and play in a one
off match.

awwwwwwwww mate why go there now even more shit gonna be said! each side knows who theirs are and most rival clubs know whose their opponents ones are! dont think this crap needs to be aired really! i dont give a rats arse who is the dirty player at each club and im sure most others dont either! lets just talk footy its gettin down to the serious end of the season apart from the top 2 anyone else think they know who will make up the rest of the final sides and do you think that anyone lower then norths or sunny heights can cause an upset and win ths years granny???

well said.....least some 1 knows what they are talking about.......who care's finals must be on the agenda......
and when we are talking finals........anything can happen believe that........

cue in the rack..........????........are you serious.........
had a massive chat tonight about the last 3 game's and every 1 knows whats to be expected in the last 3 rounds proven we can match it with the best beaten coburg,parkside,albanvale were in the game v heights untill all hell broke loose..... nth foots well straight away put a line through that 1 cause it was sh1thouse.......
yer you can stir up crap no drama's but finals are on the agenda i believe we can beat all 3 sides comming up but we need full commitment from the whole 21 just like the albanvale game.........end of the day the top 2 who we play last 2 rounds wont be going hard at it cause the little thing in the back of their head saying i dont want to get hurt/injured cause they know they have a shot at the title no doubt about it........top 2 are settled so no pressure to go out and be fair dinkium.......why.....they want to be involved come the last game of the year.........understandable.........
we are not talking about next year cause next year is next year long way off atm........beat braybrook and 1 of the last 2 we are in simple as that first thing first braybrook......massive game for the d.p.f.c........they are gonna come down and have a crack no doubt to fa rk us up need to handle that and get the 4 points........plus a little % will also help

honestly i wasnt there typwriter so i cant say any thing about the game but all the talk this week was about not being switched on at the start of the game and not being accountable during the game........so make of that what you like but training this week has been good lots of stuff about decision making and when to be defencive and when to be attacking......time will tell but if we are looking to next year with a finals spot up for grabs we are going backwards from last year and j.m being the man at the club that he is that im sure wont be happening...........

and paying players in the finals cmon mate is that all you've got.........?
we've got plenty.......:rolleyes:

Your full of crap weapons, do you not think the top 2 will be giving it everything so they can have the weeks spell. I also heard that you will tank the nth game to ensure your 2s make it by beating nth. can you confirm

cue in the rack..........????........are you serious.........
had a massive chat tonight about the last 3 game's and every 1 knows whats to be expected in the last 3 rounds proven we can match it with the best beaten coburg,parkside,albanvale were in the game v heights untill all hell broke loose..... nth foots well straight away put a line through that 1 cause it was sh1thouse.......
yer you can stir up crap no drama's but finals are on the agenda i believe we can beat all 3 sides comming up but we need full commitment from the whole 21 just like the albanvale game.........end of the day the top 2 who we play last 2 rounds wont be going hard at it cause the little thing in the back of their head saying i dont want to get hurt/injured cause they know they have a shot at the title no doubt about it........top 2 are settled so no pressure to go out and be fair dinkium.......why.....they want to be involved come the last game of the year.........understandable.........
we are not talking about next year cause next year is next year long way off atm........beat braybrook and 1 of the last 2 we are in simple as that first thing first braybrook......massive game for the d.p.f.c........they are gonna come down and have a crack no doubt to fa rk us up need to handle that and get the 4 points........plus a little % will also help

honestly i wasnt there typwriter so i cant say any thing about the game but all the talk this week was about not being switched on at the start of the game and not being accountable during the game........so make of that what you like but training this week has been good lots of stuff about decision making and when to be defencive and when to be attacking......time will tell but if we are looking to next year with a finals spot up for grabs we are going backwards from last year and j.m being the man at the club that he is that im sure wont be happening...........

and paying players in the finals cmon mate is that all you've got.........?
we've got plenty.......:rolleyes:

mate im not making up stories, just heard it from 2 different ppl so i thought id put it out there and ask the questiion, they also said there would be quite a few kids in the 1s in the last 3 games.

not sure if finishing 6th is going backwards. if any team loses there better players to injury they will struggle. also much more even comp this year with the improved efforts of western magpies and braybrook the 2 surprise packets this year. also not gona be easy against the brookers this week with their slim finals chances on the line this week

on a different note what are peoples thoughts about having their final campaign played out of altona? with only the granny being held at chirnside.....

on a different note what are peoples thoughts about having their final campaign played out of altona? with only the granny being held at chirnside.....

I think that is crap and the leauge really need to look at securing another ground for finals. Altona is a joke of a venue for finals when you compare it to bartercard oval or even yarraville.. it is a cop out to div 2 clubs. when i think of altona i think of wind and dust.. to me it is just a half arsed decision.. "oh yeah just play them at altona" i think every club that makes it should complain to the leauge...

also weapons if you think we are going to take a foot off the pedal coming into finals time your thinking is a little wrong. we are full steam ahead:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yarraville is out of the question the council has said the League cant use the ground for SENIOR finals, i know for a fact that the councils put to the League why dont you use Parkside.

The WRFL dont care about Division 2 footy all they worry about is the $$$$ coming in from Finals

Does anyone think Lavo can be competitive with Heights this week?

Deer park have smashed us in the past and we managed to beat them but Heights have destroyed us by 40+ goals in recent times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back