WRFL DIV2 RESERVES - Home of Blueboy16

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2s at every club are vital to the club. a good reserves team has a mixture of youth and experience a good reserves side acts like a breeding ground for future senior players.
hillsyat this stage is available for 2 weeks unavailable for 1 but on those weeks he will stay play a few so i would say maybe 4 out of 5 he will play. motta is a big inclusion he kicked 3 on the weekend. i would honestly say that with the added depth to the 1s it has filtered down to our reserves and our side looks better than it did last year. alot more youth and pace and footy smarts in the side. and a game plan!!!!!1

med/small size f/ward...i like taking the best f/ward cause its a good challenge...doesnt matter how quick cause i recon i have the nouse to get the footy before he would........as i will have to watch him he'd have to watch the other way as well........so he'd want to be defensive otherwise id get a few kicks.......this is all hyperthetical but thats the way i see it......anything can happen in a game of footy........

Why wouldn't you play up at full forward weapons????
I seem to remember you kicking a few goals in your junior days

Hey typewriter can you give a rundown on the Cobra's game from the weekend? Honestly thought with the side you had in that it would have been alot closer.

dont read alot into it mate their was 1 simple difference we played terrible individual footy and they played good team orientated footy

Typewriter, was the side much different to the one that played us. I do understand that the ones had a few out, so that wouldnt have helped you guys. We had about 4 or 5 good players out when we played you guys and you have now seen the cobras play... how would you rate both sides???

i think the cobras have definitly sent the bench mark, however i dont think their unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination.

we lost 5 to the 1s and had 3 very handy inclusions, but played terribly after quarter time, we copped a few injuries throughout the day and finished the game with 18 fit players so that didnt help either. no excuses tho we were terrible they were good.

albanvale r albanvale and always will be. they killed us on the turnover, they zoned off in the middle and didnt go into our forward line. apap (37) on the wing killed us and a few quick forwards dominated.

Can anyone from Parkside or Albanvale confirm the result of saturdays match??? It is listed on the WRFL website that the Magpies smashed the top of the table Cobras..... What went wrong there???:eek:

Can anyone from Parkside or Albanvale confirm the result of saturdays match??? It is listed on the WRFL website that the Magpies smashed the top of the table Cobras..... What went wrong there???:eek:

Albanvale won. Very undisciplined Parkside
1 man red carded by 2 min mark of 2nd quarter.

hey tats what went wrong on the weekend. Did you play ones or twos. Are there seniors and ressies any good?

PAKSIDE ARE NO GOOD I REPEAT ARE NO GOOD ressies wont get them back to div 1 so veryyyyyyyyyy long season ahead for the wounded magpies.:thumbsu: will be lucky to win 6 games for the season.sorry was talking bout seniors realise in wrong forum

hey tats what went wrong on the weekend. Did you play ones or twos. Are there seniors and ressies any good?

There ressies team are pretty good, dont like the tuff stuff but when its out they run and carry very well. We were undermaned, we had a dig. Seniors have been rocked by injuries which doesnt help.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There ressies team are pretty good, dont like the tuff stuff but when its out they run and carry very well. We were undermaned, we had a dig. Seniors have been rocked by injuries which doesnt help.

hey tats wot happened on the weekend against albanvale heard your full back threw a few, and there may have been an all in before the bounce any truth????

hey tats wot happened on the weekend against albanvale heard your full back threw a few, and there may have been an all in before the bounce any truth????

Mate nothn in it, ask karim he was there.

no doubt it will be difficult theyve been in great form and are without doubt premiership favourites. im pretty sure no team has got closer to beating them then us in round 2, which we probably should have won hitting the front in the last quarter only to stop and allow them to finish all over us (if my memory serves me correctly maybe rd1 or decka can confirm).

on the other hand our form has been very up and down. if we can get close to our best 22 out there, then we are a definite chance, our major issue this year has been getting a consistent team together. our next 2 weeks against north and albanvale could set our season up.

no doubt it will be difficult theyve been in great form and are without doubt premiership favourites. im pretty sure no team has got closer to beating them then us in round 2, which we probably should have won hitting the front in the last quarter only to stop and allow them to finish all over us (if my memory serves me correctly maybe rd1 or decka can confirm).

on the other hand our form has been very up and down. if we can get close to our best 22 out there, then we are a definite chance, our major issue this year has been getting a consistent team together. our next 2 weeks against north and albanvale could set our season up.

Hey TD,

Yeah it was round 2. It was a good game and you guys looked the winners when you hit the front late in the last.
I think its fair to say that both side have changed a fair bit since then and it will be another interesting shoot out. I think our form has been OK without being great (Red Devil 1 maybe you can have your say on this as well). We beat the magpies on the weekend by 56 points and with no disrespect to them, we played pretty poorly. Lets hope that on saturday we can turn up switched on so that we can produce some good footy.

look out for d/p in the ressies believe me............won by ten goals v coburg for 3rd spot......still plenty of players to come back........martello is 1 of them.......

right......

best players cobra's 26 sticks,23 borg 5 or 6 goals,growcott played alright justin zahra 6 goals i think kicked a beauty from the boundry cooky did alright aswell.........these are the ones in my eye's who stood out........too many onball type players for us to handle we had our 5 players or so who went through the midfield they probably had 9 or 10 and to me that was the difference........and when the ball is comming into the f/ward line like it was it was only a matter of time before the game was blown open........

1st 1/4 we kicked with prob about a 4 or 5 goal wind cobs i think kicked 5 into it we kicked 2.......we kicked the first goal of the game then they kicked 1 straight back as good sides do......it was a 1/4 of counter attack theyd bring the ball down the scoreboard side wing we'd get it and go down the clubroom side wing we showd we could move the ball well in patches........which isnt good enough........
2nd they kicked the first couple through their midfield dominance but we kicked the last 2 of the 1/4 to make it about a 4 goal buffer at half time..........our pressure went up and hit them hard i thought basically it was even stevens for the 1/4 and game on no doubt about it.........
3rd with the wind we were held scoreless and i would say for the first 15 to 20 mins there were no score's untill late in the 3rd when they kicked a couple which hurt us 1 telling factor in the 1/4 was our lack of fittness to run out the 1/4 and i could see them rotating their midfeild and we wernt.........interesting about this quarter was that martello was playing on the back flank after dominating the centre clearances for us in the first 1/2........scores were 6 or 7 goals to 12 at 3/4 time........
4th they kicked the first goal and were never headed slamming on 12 unanswered goals with their midfield smashing us to peices and too many blokes for us pointing the finger instead of biting the bullet and getting in amungst it.........dissapointing yes but they are a good side and have been for a few years now.......they tell me they have still got 5 or 6 to come back in.........and have got some quality young blokes borg is a beauty also the added experiance of growy and sticks ..........for us gotta lick the wounds and not dwell on the past and get on with the job..........a couple of winnable game's comming up with magpies and the brookers........finals is still in our sights top 3 would be great got to get more fairdinkum though when playing the sides above.........especially albanvale

yes im shattered but never the less gotta move onto next week........

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back