WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunshine are favourites in most peoples eyes including mine! if we base who was going to win purely on names then they would be a fair way in front.

I would have thought anything less than a premiership would be underachieving. I supposed the emphasis is really back on them as a club, can they gel and all pull in the same direction for the common cause?

Sunshine are favourites in most peoples eyes including mine! if we base who was going to win purely on names then they would be a fair way in front.

I would have thought anything less than a premiership would be underachieving. I supposed the emphasis is really back on them as a club, can they gel and all pull in the same direction for the common cause?

Can someone from Sunshine give me an unbiased point of view of their practice game against Macleod on the weeked ? I didn't go unfortunately
but I understand that Sunshine rested a lot of players.....I just wanted to
get a gauge on where Macleod are at as we finished near the bottom last year and to have a 4-5 goal victory against a D1 finalist in WRFL could be pleasing signs for us this year.

hardnrug05 -Your comments are ill-informed fella!

Each player will earn there stripes with the exception of possibly a couple that would be walk ups in any local side in Victoria. The minor incident last year was done and dusted the next day (no issues there).Tige19 is right in that every club / team has to gel but the pre-season has been really good signs for Sunshine. (Please learn how to spell)

Jake Allen - Kid has put in a great pre-season and from all reports played very well on the weekend in the clubs first praccy match against Macleod.

Round 1 - We will all know much more:thumbsu: (bring it on)

Can someone from Sunshine give me an unbiased point of view of their practice game against Macleod on the weeked ? I didn't go unfortunately
get a gauge on where Macleod are at as we finished near the bottom last year and to have a 4-5 goal victory against a D1 finalist in WRFL could be pleasing signs for us this year.

You blokes wouldnt get near them if it was for points and I am as unbiased as can possibly be. Practise match scores are pointless, they are meaningless besides probably the very last one which clubs seem to take seriously.

I remember a few years back when Colts were at there best and they played Kew and got thumped! given that was for points I doubt Kew would have got within 15 goals.

If we base everything on practise matches the West Preston side that was running around in the club challenge the other week that won the flag in 2010 wouldnt play finals in our comp (which we know they would).

Any run downs on the weekends praccies?

You blokes wouldnt get near them if it was for points and I am as unbiased as can possibly be. Practise match scores are pointless, they are meaningless besides probably the very last one which clubs seem to take seriously.

I remember a few years back when Colts were at there best and they played Kew and got thumped! given that was for points I doubt Kew would have got within 15 goals.

If we base everything on practise matches the West Preston side that was running around in the club challenge the other week that won the flag in 2010 wouldnt play finals in our comp (which we know they would).

Any run downs on the weekends praccies?

Given that Macleod beat West Preston last year....it's not really a great indication on the strength of the NFL. West Preston have picked up Simon Prestigiacomo, Anthony Rocca, Dylan Mclaren and Simon Goodwin for 2011 and at full strength would be a tough unit to beat in any competition.

Like you said, we can't really take anything out of Practice Match form, but it would have been a good confidence booster for the kids nonetheless.

Thanks for the update

Watched Nth Footscray play Tullamarine yesterday in a praccy, Nth Footscray won by just over a goal in a pretty good contest, and looked to have a lot of pace and some very skillful players, wouldnt surprise me if they did pretty well this year.

Watched Nth Footscray play Tullamarine yesterday in a praccy, Nth Footscray won by just over a goal in a pretty good contest, and looked to have a lot of pace and some very skillful players, wouldnt surprise me if they did pretty well this year.

From what i was told North Footscray have played Tulla almost every year in a praccy for the last 5 years and havent won once, so it could be a good sign for North that they did get a win.

On another note, whats the opinion from others with what a team coming up from second division would have to add to their squad to atleast be competitive this year? As most would probally agree coming up your main goal would be to simply stay up the following year, so what would you to to add to your current list to achieve this? Thoughts....

The game was horrific.

Macleod looked OK, were very young but strong. Seemed to have a lot of young 20s and kept running all day. Sunshine were undermanned and kept ahead of Macleod till the last qtr when they rested a lot of their key players to give their younger guys a go. Macleod looked well drilled and played the quarterback role and switching game very well. didn't get to see much of the guns from Sunshine but some of the guys up from last year's U18s(including Abra, Allan and Andrews) showed they will be in the mix for senior games.

Macleod looked OK, were very young but strong. Seemed to have a lot of young 20s and kept running all day. Sunshine were undermanned and kept ahead of Macleod till the last qtr when they rested a lot of their key players to give their younger guys a go. Macleod looked well drilled and played the quarterback role and switching game very well. didn't get to see much of the guns from Sunshine but some of the guys up from last year's U18s(including Abra, Allan and Andrews) showed they will be in the mix for senior games.

Thanks for that mate..I figured that Sunshine may have rested a few in the last quarter going by the Macleod match report. Given that...we have had an injection of 10 or so from the U/19 premiership team of 2010 that is giving us good depth at the moment.

Good luck for the year. Reading some of the previous posts, many are
expecting bigger things from Sunshine this year.:thumbsu:

no one is a walk up start in any team, but the practice match he played against Macloed didnt hurt his chances. still needs to learn a bit more but has fitness,size and some pretty experienced heads around him will only make him better us.

Just moved to W.A. - living the dream, thanks for asking
Before signing off the WRFL forum for good, just want to wish Hoppers all the best for the coming season although very disappointed with how the under 18's coaching position was handled last year.

Cheers pal.

Enjoy WA, certainly is an amazing place! beautiful beaches and women to match. If you find a mrs just dont expect them to have to much upstairs, pretty cruisy lot the Perth people.

And the under 18s are in good hands mate, looking fit and ready for another tilt at the flag.

Just moved to W.A. - living the dream, thanks for asking
Before signing off the WRFL forum for good, just want to wish Hoppers all the best for the coming season although very disappointed with how the under 18's coaching position was handled last year.

I didnt ask where you were going, but where were you from? But the rest of your answer explains plenty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my father lives in yarawonga went to see his Mulwala side play St Albans
scrapping game he siad Mulwala ended up getting over the line by 5 points but he said st albans should probably have won if they kick straight in last quarter

stand outs for for st albans no:25 dores & 7 fordy

beaton in the mid-field our boys Mulwala far stronger

local umpires probably favoured the Mulwala boys a bit

sorry guys thats the best i have

any other practise match info?

my father lives in yarawonga went to see his Mulwala side play St Albans
scrapping game he siad Mulwala ended up getting over the line by 5 points but he said st albans should probably have won if they kick straight in last quarter

stand outs for for st albans no:25 dores & 7 fordy

beaton in the mid-field our boys Mulwala far stronger

local umpires probably favoured the Mulwala boys a bit

sorry guys thats the best i have

any other practise match info?

GLENROY FC -STRONG EDFL DIV 2 Team have had a late pull out and are very keen for a Practise match this weekend. Contact Brett Jefferies on 0438056088 to organize.

Went to the altona vs werribee game on Saturday and only watched the first half. Not sure on the final result but werribee were winning quite easily and dominated the 2nd quarter. Altona had a superior rucks height wise but were getting beaten in the middle.

Altona people- what was the strength of the side you rolled out on Saturday?

From watching all the practices games this year I would say it was the weakest side so far. Take nothing away from werribee they were by far the superior side. Very well drilled, diciplined and hard running. Altona probably had 2 of their best backman playing with a few others also playing out of position.

What was your take on the game. Anyone standout?

From watching all the practices games this year I would say it was the weakest side so far. Take nothing away from werribee they were by far the superior side. Very well drilled, diciplined and hard running. Altona probably had 2 of their best backman playing with a few others also playing out of position.

What was your take on the game. Anyone standout?

Didnt get to the game, just curious to the strength of the sides. I had heard werribee won easily, but I don't know who did or didn't play or werribee either.

Did stornebrink and andrews play? How are they traveling down there?

anyone wanna to give us some practice match results or upcoming games
saw hoppers play on Saturday and at best were very ordinary. Did suffer few injuries during the game but were thrashed till 3/4 time. coach gave them one of the biggest serves of all time at the 3/4 timebreak. Dimma was their stand out over the four quarters but they need more than their wingman so try and keep them in the game. Showed more in the last quarter but Lara took the foot off the pedal and eased off.

Lara have played both Altona and Hoppers in practice matches and neither have shown much. Gardiner was the stand out for Altona but seemed to be the only one to have much infuence. Hoppers should have been better on paper of the two but definitely didn't play with the same attitude as Altona, both probably will be around the same position on the ladder fighting to get into the finals.

Didnt get to the game, just curious to the strength of the sides. I had heard werribee won easily, but I don't know who did or didn't play or werribee either.

Did stornebrink and andrews play? How are they traveling down there?

stornebrink was injured early in the game, andrews hardly got near it.

saw hoppers play on Saturday and at best were very ordinary. Did suffer few injuries during the game but were thrashed till 3/4 time. coach gave them one of the biggest serves of all time at the 3/4 timebreak. Dimma was their stand out over the four quarters but they need more than their wingman so try and keep them in the game. Showed more in the last quarter but Lara took the foot off the pedal and eased off.

Lara have played both Altona and Hoppers in practice matches and neither have shown much. Gardiner was the stand out for Altona but seemed to be the only one to have much infuence. Hoppers should have been better on paper of the two but definitely didn't play with the same attitude as Altona, both probably will be around the same position on the ladder fighting to get into the finals.

How closely were you watching the game? Disco was by far our standout. Had a few injuries? we were down by 2 goals at halftime and had 7 players unable to play the 2nd half including 5 of our starting 6 backmen, I'm positive any team who are playing with 17 fit players (Monty played but couldnt run and was making up the numbers) would struggle against any opposition let alone one of the best GFL sides.

We got rolled by 28 points, we will be fine.

Tige would you say that the preseason form of Hoppers has been disapointing thus far, losing to a fair GFL side is not a worry as its a much superior comp but losing to a GDFL side the week before is worrying. Which new players will improve the Warriors in 2011 as Disco and the like are getting on and you wouldnt think the improvement will come from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back