WRFL Division 1 - 2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word from the West is that the knives are out at the Sunshine Kangaroos. Jacobs picking the new recruits before local talent and a couple of families that call the shots are not happy. Bretto will pick his best available but that's not how it works Sunshine - More to follow especially the amount money they have to find to put that side on the park.

Did you expect any different from Sunshine! they have tried to make quick inroads to win a flag and forgotten about there local talent!
Altona - again talking up there young list! need to have a look at Albions young list! have some outstanding players (who are now premiership players) maybe 5 or 6 under te age of 19..
On Albion - Interesting th West Indian boy kicking 7.5 on the weekend against colts. Makes for an interesting hard to match up on forward line when Bloomfiels comes back next week then Butina in 2 weeks!!

Word from the West is that the knives are out at the Sunshine Kangaroos. Jacobs picking the new recruits before local talent and a couple of families that call the shots are not happy. Bretto will pick his best available but that's not how it works Sunshine - More to follow especially the amount money they have to find to put that side on the park.

Did Jacobs sign a two or three year contract , have also heard there is a bit of unrest , a lot of money being spent for no result so far, early days i know but better start winning games or they may do an Albion and have a player payment review.

Did Jacobs sign a two or three year contract , have also heard there is a bit of unrest , a lot of money being spent for no result so far, early days i know but better start winning games or they may do an Albion and have a player payment review.

3 years 75k which includes playing payments. The best review Albion could have made, brought in home grown kids and went on to win a flag. I hope Hoppers shape our side in a similar way. When you look at the money Sunshine are spending a lot of questions must be answered. Patrick Wiggins over $800 per game, Danny doesn't play for less than 1k and Simon Wiggins straight from AFL would have to demand 1.5K per game as that's the going rate. You do the sums lots of money to find for four players without winning a game. How is Jake going? Lets hope he wakes up and finds that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

25k per year and 18 of that for playing.
Therefore 3.5k after tax for coaching equates to around $67.30 per week less expenses at an average of 4 days/nights per week for 4 hours per session equates to around $4.20 per hour.
overpaid you reckon?
he should get a shift at Hungry jacks and play where he wants. Would earn twice as much imbecile.
Since when to do you get to question a coach just because he is being underpaid.
The agreement has nothing to do with outsiders, only the club and himself, and his ability to do his job has nothing to do coin.
Simple question to you. Would you go to work for $161.70 clear in your hand for a 38.5 hour working week?
UUUMMMMM NO!
Shut your gob and enjoy watching your club and support them financially remembering that it doesnt give carte blanche to abuse people.

Therefore 3.5k after tax for coaching equates to around $67.30 per week less expenses at an average of 4 days/nights per week for 4 hours per session equates to around $4.20 per hour.
overpaid you reckon?
he should get a shift at Hungry jacks and play where he wants. Would earn twice as much imbecile.
Since when to do you get to question a coach just because he is being underpaid.
The agreement has nothing to do with outsiders, only the club and himself, and his ability to do his job has nothing to do coin.
Simple question to you. Would you go to work for $161.70 clear in your hand for a 38.5 hour working week?
UUUMMMMM NO!
Shut your gob and enjoy watching your club and support them financially remembering that it doesnt give carte blanche to abuse people.

Didn't say for a second Jacobs was overpaid, just stating the facts that Sunshine are spending an enormous amount of money to not have a single win on the board after round three. Starting to become very defensive the Sunshine troop, heard a certain influential father was not to happy with the coach after the game.

overpaid you reckon?
UUUMMMMM NO!

By the way i think you are alittle confussed, there are two Jacobs boys at Sunshine, Bretto wouldn't demand 1K per game however Danny is another story. Now I will shut my gob as requested - Great maths though

overpaid you reckon?
UUUMMMMM NO!

Give me a spell. He is coaching a local football side not working a 38.5 hour week at Hungry Jacks. You are 0-3 with all of your "underpaid" coaching staff and players.

Any player or coach in the WRFL who pays tax on their football payments should change their accountant.

0-3? The apocalypse approaches! Fair dinkum you lot.
Having a few highly rated players isn't going to bring about immediate results. The season is still young.

As for the 'influential father' being unhappy......who cares...unless he's holds a position of authority. Does he or is he just a club elder like the ones who can bring a club to it's knees?

25k package
12.5 for playing (just under $700 each game)
Same for coaching
2 nights training and selection = 5 hours
1 day for game and still got plenty of time to get in a few hours work prior if he wishes = 6 hours
11 hours/week = $63/hour (just for coaching) chuck in the playing which is the same
$126/hour to do something you enjoy, cash in hand.
What a joke

0-3? The apocalypse approaches! Fair dinkum you lot.
Having a few highly rated players isn't going to bring about immediate results. The season is still young.

As for the 'influential father' being unhappy......who cares...unless he's holds a position of authority. Does he or is he just a club elder like the ones who can bring a club to it's knees?

Actually the father of his two best players

hardnrg05; Actually the father of his two best players

Mate - serious get a life, perhaps help your own club by doing something pro-active, maybe get a hot water service that works:D

Your facts are actually wrong:thumbsu:

hardnrg05; Actually the father of his two best players

Mate - serious get a life, perhaps help your own club by doing something pro-active, maybe get a hot water service that works:D

Your facts are actually wrong:thumbsu:

Showers are always cold when you loose, home showers have plenty of hot water.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 years 75k which includes playing payments. The best review Albion could have made, brought in home grown kids and went on to win a flag. I hope Hoppers shape our side in a similar way. When you look at the money Sunshine are spending a lot of questions must be answered. Patrick Wiggins over $800 per game, Danny doesn't play for less than 1k and Simon Wiggins straight from AFL would have to demand 1.5K per game as that's the going rate. You do the sums lots of money to find for four players without winning a game. How is Jake going? Lets hope he wakes up and finds that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

hardnrg05

I appreciate that your posts attempt to get responses from visitors to this forum, and that's fine.

However, starting innuendo about people's remuneration (ie Brett Jacobs et al) is probably pushing it a bit. In particular when you have no knowledge of the facts whatsoever.

To then actually start quoting completely fabricated figures is unacceptable, and in my view not how people in the WRFL football community, and on this forum, should treat each other.

You know you are better than that.

If you are not better than that, then at least have the decency to sign off with your real name, so that Forum users for themselves can assess your credibility and the credibility of the information you provide.

hardnrg05

I appreciate that your posts attempt to get responses from visitors to this forum, and that's fine.

However, starting innuendo about people's remuneration (ie Brett Jacobs et al) is probably pushing it a bit. In particular when you have no knowledge of the facts whatsoever.

To then actually start quoting completely fabricated figures is unacceptable, and in my view not how people in the WRFL football community, and on this forum, should treat each other.

You know you are better than that.

If you are not better than that, then at least have the decency to sign off with your real name, so that Forum users for themselves can assess your credibility and the credibility of the information you provide.

DC25

Noted and good luck for the season

I'm sure Hoppers handled the under 18's coaching position very well.

Agreed, poorly handled and personally very disappointing in the whole situation. Phil was great for the lads and proof was in the pudding by winning the flag. All clubs have difficult situations granted, I am posting what I beileve to be crediable rumblings as they are the only ones I am being told about over here.
Side note if a fellow colleague from West Perth moves to Melbourne as anticipated watch out in the second half of the year. Hoppers will aquire his services:thumbsu:

Agreed, poorly handled and personally very disappointing in the whole situation. Phil was great for the lads and proof was in the pudding by winning the flag. All clubs have difficult situations granted, I am posting what I beileve to be crediable rumblings as they are the only ones I am being told about over here.
Side note if a fellow colleague from West Perth moves to Melbourne as anticipated watch out in the second half of the year. Hoppers will aquire his services:thumbsu:

if he's as good as some of their last recruits i'm sure the other clubs will be shaking in their boots.

I'm sure Hoppers handled the under 18's coaching position very well.

can some 1 tell me how sunshine pay good $$$$ for their snr list then go and spend 5k on an u/18 coach.......surely this is not true.......as the coach in question aparently started up a new franchise and this coin has funded his new buisness venture.......because no 1 else wanted to to it......

can any1 from sunshine confirm this.....:confused:

can some 1 tell me how sunshine pay good $$$$ for their snr list then go and spend 5k on an u/18 coach.......surely this is not true.......as the coach in question aparently started up a new franchise and this coin has funded his new buisness venture.......because no 1 else wanted to to it......

can any1 from sunshine confirm this.....:confused:

If this is true, what he does with the 5K is nobody's business but his own.

Plus

Might have to dust off the old board and have a crack at a job next year. The 5k would go alright being pumped into a theatre room. Probably lose more than half in the divorce though. :eek:

For the record, don't think it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back