WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of a sudden, big round of footy coming;

Altona v Spotty - in one word "cracker" Altona have jumped into premiership favorites, spotty now become the hunter.
Hoppers v Deer Park - Must win for lions, Hoppers continue on their way, will the lack of talks hurt the warriors?
Sunshine v Albion - Albion will throw everything at my lads & the Kangas owe from earlier in the season.
Colts v North - big % booster but colts will want to back up on the big upset.
Heights V Saints - Heights will have a crack on home turf, Saints are now gone so may look at some kids?

Fair to say a round the WRFL needs, good luck to all.

PS: weapons bites hooks without bait.

massive round alright!!!

altona well couldnt be going any better going into the top of the table clash......would be good for the chasing pack if they knock the green machine off!!!

lions gotta hit them with everything.......havnt been back long in div 1.....on hoppers stats say they are up with a great chance to finish 3rd but my question is are they still renound for being a tad soft when the heat gets turned up???

was at your game v albion earlier in the year and yeah certianly a bit of a score to settle going on what happened in the last 1/4 down at parsons.......

The result last weekend was interesting but really didnt shake up any positions on the ladder too much. There are still three key "eight point games" which will decide the finals make up:

You'd be confident saying that Altona v Spotswood this week will determine who finishes with top spot.

3rd will probably be decided in Round 18 when Port Colts play Hoppers.

5th spot will likely come down to Sunshine v Deer Park in a couple of weeks time.

went down and watched the last half of the massive clash between d/p v hoppers and got nothing of the sort.....was listenening intently in on the match of the round when i could earning a dollar and heard the 1/2 time scores down at j mcleod reserve(may he rest in peace)........i thought hoppers by plenty

not big noting myself but been around the traps a little and the biggest thing i notice in a good team(considering they are third they must be a good team) is body language and let it be known hoppers when the heat was turned up were deplorable(like i earlier likened them back in the late 90's early 2000's)=soft........never seen a group of snr footballers with no spark/dash since d/p lost every game in 2001 and went down to div 2.......

considering deer park went in without their key ruckmen in stuart and midfielder king due to more soft tissue injury's(foley done the tough yards v the hoppers young ruckmen) it was great to see my boy daniel nelson set the tone in front of goal condos playing in the first half in his return game and another one of my boys christian day doing what he liked off a half back flank.......would have had 30 odd touches in the last half!!!!

looking back on the game maybe a few money troubles in the background down at hogans rd definatley from what i saw players wernt playing for the colours.......hands on hips hands on heads arguing amungst each other no leadership coach locking every 1 out of the rooms after the game spells trouble........also 2nds playing with 17 their coach who has retired and a couple of other ring ins and still couldnt get 18........interesting......not to mention the coach and all his players for staying back and having a drink...2 players....

who's next on the list to tick off......pt colts i think........

weapo out.......ps happy for altona too......interesting results since deer park out scored spotty 9 goals to 3 a couple of weeks back in the last half.......

went down and watched the last half of the massive clash between d/p v hoppers and got nothing of the sort.....was listenening intently in on the match of the round when i could earning a dollar and heard the 1/2 time scores down at j mcleod reserve(may he rest in peace)........i thought hoppers by plenty

not big noting myself but been around the traps a little and the biggest thing i notice in a good team(considering they are third they must be a good team) is body language and let it be known hoppers when the heat was turned up were deplorable(like i earlier likened them back in the late 90's early 2000's)=soft........never seen a group of snr footballers with no spark/dash since d/p lost every game in 2001 and went down to div 2.......

considering deer park went in without their key ruckmen in stuart and midfielder king due to more soft tissue injury's(foley done the tough yards v the hoppers young ruckmen) it was great to see my boy daniel nelson set the tone in front of goal condos playing in the first half in his return game and another one of my boys christian day doing what he liked off a half back flank.......would have had 30 odd touches in the last half!!!!

looking back on the game maybe a few money troubles in the background down at hogans rd definatley from what i saw players wernt playing for the colours.......hands on hips hands on heads arguing amungst each other no leadership coach locking every 1 out of the rooms after the game spells trouble........also 2nds playing with 17 their coach who has retired and a couple of other ring ins and still couldnt get 18........interesting......not to mention the coach and all his players for staying back and having a drink...2 players....

weapo out.......ps happy for altona too......interesting results since deer park out scored spotty 9 goals to 3 a couple of weeks back in the last half.......

may need to check this big fellow

I went to the Altona vs Spotswood game on Saturday afternoon, a cracker of a game in front of a huge crowd.

At times Spotswood looked to gain some control however each time Altona were able to settle and kick crucial goals. Altona have very skillful young running players and it seemed if Spotswood locked down one of their runners that Altona we're able to free up another.

Certainly wouldn't write off Spotswood though, it will be interesting to see if Altona are able to produce the free flowing running game under intense finals pressure.

If the WRFL were able to produce more games and more quality sides like the two that played on Saturday people would return in droves.

Again absolute terrific game that had everything including a little bit of push and shove, very skillful tough play and some wonderful goals.

Unbelievable day weather wise, who would believe no wind at all at Altona.

I'm sure I saw Peter Berry,Jamie Madigan,Johnny Zerafa and co walking around the other week in 2nds,weapo I think you better get down there and get facts right players leaving,players still haven't been payed after round 7 ,getting roughly 10 to 15 at training money carnt buy happiness

Saw Altona V Spotty as well. Good game of footy and Altona were pretty slick. Been a bit of talk coming out of the club about how good they are this year. A bit of strut in the Viking's step after a few years in the wilderness. Heard some were making room for the 2012 flag after the game. Yep, right next door to the 96 flag.....oh wait!
Ah, good for local footy. Anyone wanna fire back so we can restore this thread to the glory days of a couple of years ago?

Big result for Altona.

WRFL would be rapt to have another contender, however I think everyone is under estimating Port Colts. Knocked Spotty off and have a very dangerous forward line which come finals may be best suited to the big ground. The run home is going to be interesting and teams will be hoping they can get there full lists on the park.

When is Lachie McGhie due back? He is critical to Spotty's chances & will also force a selection headache as don't think Bond, Perry & Puhar can all play in same team with McGhie 1st picked.

Big result for Altona.

WRFL would be rapt to have another contender, however I think everyone is under estimating Port Colts. Knocked Spotty off and have a very dangerous forward line which come finals may be best suited to the big ground. The run home is going to be interesting and teams will be hoping they can get there full lists on the park.

When is Lachie McGhie due back? He is critical to Spotty's chances & will also force a selection headache as don't think Bond, Perry & Puhar can all play in same team with McGhie 1st picked.

Any of Spotty, Colts or Altona will win it. Altona and Colts have both improved their lists more than Spotty from last year but Spotty still remain more even over the ground.

Altona: Best Midfield.

Colts: Best Forwards.

Spotty: Best Team. (At full strength Good on every line)

Who wins it ? Maybe Altona based on their running power and big ground to suit but their mids will have to kick alot of their goals in the finals if they are to beat one of the other 2. In memory of Rock. Go Colts !!!

I'm sure I saw Peter Berry,Jamie Madigan,Johnny Zerafa and co walking around the other week in 2nds,weapo I think you better get down there and get facts right players leaving,players still haven't been payed after round 7 ,getting roughly 10 to 15 at training money carnt buy happiness

no money CARNT buy happiness......though it helps to win premierships!!!! then comes the happiness!!!!

you seem to know your facts........which players of importance have left.....?who are the players that havnt been paid.......?

and im sure there would have been 24 or 25 keen players at the recovery session on sunday wanting to get a crack at sunshine this week!!!!

untill questions have been answered your post isnt worth much!!!!

cheers......

Gee I must have been at a different game to you. Condos and Day? Stewart played and dominated. Trajkovski very good in the midfield as was Henderson on a wing. Quite amazing none of them got in the best players on the website. Hopefully Sunshine actually had someone at the game watching for themselves, looks to me like a bit of game playing ahead of the big game next week. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no money CARNT buy happiness......though it helps to win premierships!!!! then comes the happiness!!!!

you seem to know your facts........which players of importance have left.....?who are the players that havnt been paid.......?

and im sure there would have been 24 or 25 keen players at the recovery session on sunday wanting to get a crack at sunshine this week!!!!

untill questions have been answered your post isnt worth much!!!!

cheers......
Yep
vicki3013 said:
may need to check this big fellow​
as usual wrong AGAIN! 9-3? Pffft. Please!

did you get to
check this

Big result for Altona.

Has been training with the squad for the last couple of weeks. From rumours he is not far away, and looking very fit.
Be scared be very scared

No surprises with the results, but the margins would surprise a few.

Top 5 is complete & where teams finish is only question mark???

Deer Park v Kangas - Sunshine played well and deserved the win, Foley kept the margin a bit closer then it should have been & easily Deer Parks best.

I wonder who was running around in the Spotty 2's today? Oops may have already decided about the big guys down Spotty and acknowledging that all can not play in same team. Tipping one or two will be filthy if they can't play finals because they over qualified.

Watched Port Colts vs Albion today. I thought it was a really brave effort by an undermanned and really young inexperienced Albion side. As far as Port Colts go, they were clearly the better team on the day but I really don't think they'll have a huge impact come finals. Maybe I just caught them on an off day but from what I've seen this year I'd put Sunshine and Hoppers well ahead of them. And they're light years away from challenging Altona or Spotty.

As far as all the talk in this thread about a lop sided comp goes, I'm not sure I agree. I watch Albion so maybe them coming back to the pack means I've seen more close games. But I've watched at least a dozen Albion games this year and in nearly every game besides the spotty game in round one they've been in the contest for a large chunk of the game. And even against Heights, Albion had an off day and still managed to win but Heights were competitive for at least half the game.

It's not as lop sided as people think. God even the AFL has at least one 100 point flogging a week these days.

Watched Port Colts vs Albion today. I thought it was a really brave effort by an undermanned and really young inexperienced Albion side. As far as Port Colts go, they were clearly the better team on the day but I really don't think they'll have a huge impact come finals. Maybe I just caught them on an off day but from what I've seen this year I'd put Sunshine and Hoppers well ahead of them. And they're light years away from challenging Altona or Spotty.

As far as all the talk in this thread about a lop sided comp goes, I'm not sure I agree. I watch Albion so maybe them coming back to the pack means I've seen more close games. But I've watched at least a dozen Albion games this year and in nearly every game besides the spotty game in round one they've been in the contest for a large chunk of the game. And even against Heights, Albion had an off day and still managed to win but Heights were competitive for at least half the game.

It's not as lop sided as people think. God even the AFL has at least one 100 point flogging a week these days.
Stupidest thing posted on here this season.

I don't see how stupid it is? Took colts three quarters to shake up a depleted Albion team full of under 18s.
Yes the kids did do a good job , but come finals we will have very different looking side at least five key players to come back in.

Have to agree a fair way behind Atona due to their pace and movement of the ball but Spotty i am not so sure yes they also have have a few out but don't seem as strong as previous years.

Went down to watch Deer Park vs Sunshine, after hearing a bit about Deer Park around the traps, was dissappointed with what I saw. For a game that was so critical for them, they looked scared to put their head over the ball, to Sunshine's credit they came to play, were disciplined and moved the ball forward. Deer Park looked like they would struggle to beat the bottom two teams. Now I get that injury has plaged them all year, but I think any club at this time of the year are having the same issues and you cant continue using that as an excuse. To top it off their crowd had turned on them, even their President was going off at the pathetic display, another bloke who is pretty much involved there said ah well they will all hang around with their hands out for their money tonight, they just dont care.. and to be honest thats how it looked, Deer Park could have put the heat on Sunshine on Saturday, but they gave in without a whimper and only doubled their goals from 2 to 4 in the last few minutes of the game when it was over.

To say that it has got boring on here would be an understatement.
Heard a whisper that Altona are having difficulties in raising enough funds to cover the cost of all their so called superstars?
They are counting on winning the grand final so they will bring in more money over the bar to break even.
There shouldn't be a problem for them to win it, but aren't they counting their chickens before they hatch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back