WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ladder wont change...no chance sunshine at Altona.
Deer Park need to win by 200 and hope sunshine lose by 100...possible but doubtful.

Week 1...
Spotty vs Colts...Spotty in a close one
Hoppers vs Sunshine...Hoppers easy

Week 2...
Altona vs Spotty...Spotty here...experienced and will return to form after the Ray Ray turmoil
Colts vs Hoppers....Colts to kick away in the last Qtr after a close contest

Week 3...
Altona vs Colts...Altona in a close game...Colts building towards next year

GF...
Spotty vs Altona....The Vikings will bounce back and find a way to win.....

The ladder wont change...no chance sunshine at Altona.
Deer Park need to win by 200 and hope sunshine lose by 100...possible but doubtful.
Two sides have beaten Sunny Heights by over 200 points in the past month. In fact, I think 4 or 5 times this year Sunny Heights have lost by over 200 points. So that part is certainly possible for Deer Park.

A scoreline of Deer Park 250 to Sunny Heights 20 and Altona 120 to Sunshine 70 will get Deer Park into finals. Some chance...but 250 is a big score to have to kick!!

Won't happen.

Although a couple of extra kegs to see out the year.......

what about a few gorilla's......

plenty of that floating around!!!!

i see it like this anything is possible and going by last results in both games earlier in the year/ heights small ground would be amazing result for the lions.......

we all know what happened last time d/p were written off diff comp yes but the pride of the club and players still going around what a feeling it was.......

question regarding the finals this weekend-i have a mate coming and he is desperate to find out if heavy beer will be sold?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weapons, have a friend remotely connected to Deer Park, and he tells me Goldy is an unhappy chappy with a few of the senior players. Robbie Trajkovski may have been given the what fors after starting the fight with the Heights lads during the game On saturday and may have been told to ship out, and what is with the runner being sent off again.. My source also tells me that the Pres was not happy that Condos didnt play, do you know if there is any truth to this rumour

Weapons, have a friend remotely connected to Deer Park, and he tells me Goldy is an unhappy chappy with a few of the senior players. Robbie Trajkovski may have been given the what fors after starting the fight with the Heights lads during the game On saturday and may have been told to ship out, and what is with the runner being sent off again.. My source also tells me that the Pres was not happy that Condos didnt play, do you know if there is any truth to this rumour

for starters remotely connected......who is it......??? then i can give your rumors some credit!!!

didnt go last week i was out watching sunshine/altona.....

condos.....of course he prez wouldnt be happy would go close to being the best f/ward in the comp......

robbie......wouldnt know he is tough as nails and loves a scrap.....won the div 2 comp bnf last year and would be 1 of the best mids in comp when fit.....definately would want him to stay......

runner.....hasnt played a game in 2 years and probably a little frustrated......

here is 1 for you all.......sunshine kangaroos are the most undeserved finals teams in the last 15 years.....harsh statement but true!!!!

Have to say I too heard the comments from Goldy and thought he was trying to offload about the debarcal that had just occured. Hopefully he now realises that its not second division and not many games will be a walkover. And yes I heard they have players out, as do most clubs each week. Lets be honest they had placed themselves quite firmly matching up well against spotty on the weekend and in the end they came up very short.

I am sure with the money dished out for that round alone Goldy would have been pissed, but hey thems they breaks

interested to hear your comments on deer parks season.....or ask your ''remotely connected friend''.....pppffftttt

playing kouta the way i look at it cost my great club a finals crack!!!!

My source played with deer park over 15 yrs ago but has moved away..But still keeps in contact with some senior old heads of the club who hold committe positions...
Interest in your opinion on Sunshine..even though don't really follow anyone in the league like to watch s good game.. Watched dp a few times this year.. I think u r correct the marketing ploy didn't pay off.. Financially most likely but an important game..I think the best finals game will be colts vs spotty should be a cracker.. Colts seem to be hitting their straps.. Hoppers have some injuries but will account for sunshine.. These two teams are just making up thr numbers.. Having watched a bit of spotty last week..who just went through the motions and totally towelled up north foots who knows what will happen.. Best if luck to everyone playing finals

WRFL team of the year, debate and difficult too pick but gets the forum happening;

BACKS
Butina (Albion) - lead the cats goal kicking but played on the big guns all year. Great Season
Halloran (Altona) - Strong, dependable and hardly beaten.
Morgan (Spotty) - playing more attacking role this season, but needs to be in team.
H/BACK
Riosa (Hoppers) - consistent player and uses ball well.
Bonnet (Colts) - still the premier defender in comp
Taylor (St Alb) - very consistent, hard, honest player
CENTRE
Sutcliffe (colts) - really good player with great work rate.
Miles (Alt) - run, carry and gives his all every game.
Lunardi (Alt) - goal kicker and good skilled player
H/FORWARD
Klix (Deer Park) - won deer parks b&f and quality little player.
Cloke (Spotty) - 75 goals great, but a little quiet in 2nd half of season maybe due to contract talks.
O'Keefe (Spotty) - still a gun, kicks goals as a midfielder and quality under pressure.
FORWARD
Gestier (Deer Park) - Great on the lead, quick and pretty good kick.
Perkins (Colts) - will kick his 100 this week, and best forward in comp.
Jenkins (St Alb) - likely to feature in Priest medal, just a gun.
RUCKS
Julier (Colts) - put simply still no 1# ruck
Foley (Deer Park) - consistent, uses ball really well and played a number of roles but never beaten.
T.Langlands - only thing stopping him from winning comp is his team mates taking votes. Good Player
INT
Millar (Suns) - great year and back up to Julier who can kick goals.
Ramsay (Hoppers) - ball magnet, good at clearances and good work rate who likes it hard.
R.Newton (Nth Foot) - quick, skillful and kicks goals will continue to develop and be a gun.
Sheehan (Suns) - under the radar but gets a lot of possessions, plenty of clearances and very consistent.

Unlucky: R.King, B.Perry, K.Taylor, A.Souki, C,Daltera, T.Henderson, P.Wiggins, T.Finco, L.Spiteri, T.Jehle, C.Brannan, W,Twomey, J.Trevaskis, C.Stewart.

Apologies to Heights but just couldn't get anyone in, coach of the year should be the premiership coach, interested in others opinion and obviously I watch one game a week?

WRFL team of the year, debate and difficult too pick but gets the forum happening;

BACKS
Butina (Albion) - lead the cats goal kicking but played on the big guns all year. Great Season
Halloran (Altona) - Strong, dependable and hardly beaten.
Morgan (Spotty) - playing more attacking role this season, but needs to be in team.
H/BACK
Riosa (Hoppers) - consistent player and uses ball well.
Bonnet (Colts) - still the premier defender in comp
Taylor (St Alb) - very consistent, hard, honest player
CENTRE
Sutcliffe (colts) - really good player with great work rate.
Miles (Alt) - run, carry and gives his all every game.
Lunardi (Alt) - goal kicker and good skilled player
H/FORWARD
Klix (Deer Park) - won deer parks b&f and quality little player.
Cloke (Spotty) - 75 goals great, but a little quiet in 2nd half of season maybe due to contract talks.
O'Keefe (Spotty) - still a gun, kicks goals as a midfielder and quality under pressure.
FORWARD
Gestier (Deer Park) - Great on the lead, quick and pretty good kick.
Perkins (Colts) - will kick his 100 this week, and best forward in comp.
Jenkins (St Alb) - likely to feature in Priest medal, just a gun.
RUCKS
Julier (Colts) - put simply still no 1# ruck
Foley (Deer Park) - consistent, uses ball really well and played a number of roles but never beaten.
T.Langlands - only thing stopping him from winning comp is his team mates taking votes. Good Player
INT
Millar (Suns) - great year and back up to Julier who can kick goals.
Ramsay (Hoppers) - ball magnet, good at clearances and good work rate who likes it hard.
R.Newton (Nth Foot) - quick, skillful and kicks goals will continue to develop and be a gun.
Sheehan (Suns) - under the radar but gets a lot of possessions, plenty of clearances and very consistent.

Unlucky: R.King, B.Perry, K.Taylor, A.Souki, C,Daltera, T.Henderson, P.Wiggins, T.Finco, L.Spiteri, T.Jehle, C.Brannan, W,Twomey, J.Trevaskis, C.Stewart.

Apologies to Heights but just couldn't get anyone in, coach of the year should be the premiership coach, interested in others opinion and obviously I watch one game a week?
Stewart best ruck in comp by a mile would date Juliet all day every day.

Stewart first picked in my side, got to remember he missed around 6 games this and the comp didn't see all that he has and still I reckon his the best in the comp no doubt I'm not a Parker either.
Well if he has an injury free year next year he may get his chance to prove he is the best ruck in the comp. At this stage Julier has the runs on the board and he would miss every week if it come down to injury. Has been the best big man in the comp for along time now with a back that would not allow most blokes to do up their shoe laces let alone dominate the comp like he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back