WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been done to death and everyone's moved on..

Shags, no offence mate but there is only 1 bloke who hasn't moved on - Mitch. There was no need for the stuff he said in that article.

He should be pumping up recruits not slagging off long term Warriors...

Haven't read the article mate, were can I find it? Either way he's life long mates with Disco and was obviously away with a few of the boys for mickas bux so dont know how big of a deal it is.

Haven't read the article mate, were can I find it? Either way he's life long mates with Disco and was obviously away with a few of the boys for mickas bux so dont know how big of a deal it is.

life long friends might have just expired if Clonan reads this article. bizza bang on the money mitchell needs to move on the whole article seems very bitter to me.

Where does Mitch reference Disco? I can't see it.. It's clear that we had blokes playing that were under performing and under other circumstances would not have been playing, our results justify this.

As far as the article, Bomber has taken 9 odd players and staff members to Centrals, I'm not fussed but Mitch as a coach I can understand his frustrations. Move on.

As far as the article, Bomber has taken 9 odd players and staff members to Centrals, I'm not fussed but Mitch as a coach I can understand his frustrations. Move on.

fair point tige19, though u have to ask the question y would they all leave. dont think the Gellong league pay very well so can't be coin.

Mitch is a great bloke but can't coach communication is pretty poor with players if your not in his circle of friends no chance of getting a fair crack. There's a few over rated players at that club.
Pretty poor what Mitch was quoted saying in the local rag about these boys all these boys would be walk up starts this year.

Chris brierty- had taken most of the key forwards most of the time solid backman prob your best back all year.

Steve Morgan- is defiantly the best ruckman in that side by far fell out of favor for a taller and younger ruckman that can't play and poor excuses for being dropped.

Tyren montebruno- is def hoppers 2nd best forward and best set shot at goal.

That's just the opinion from a hoppers supporter

Mitch is a great bloke but can't coach communication is pretty poor with players if your not in his circle of friends no chance of getting a fair crack. There's a few over rated players at that club.
Pretty poor what Mitch was quoted saying in the local rag about these boys all these boys would be walk up starts this year.

Chris brierty- had taken most of the key forwards most of the time solid backman prob your best back all year.

Steve Morgan- is defiantly the best ruckman in that side by far fell out of favor for a taller and younger ruckman that can't play and poor excuses for being dropped.

Tyren montebruno- is def hoppers 2nd best forward and best set shot at goal.

That's just the opinion from a hoppers supporter

Have to agree with your comments , must say though bit sick of Hoppers slagging off against the club on here not the best way to sort out any troubles we seem to be having.

Hope what is being spent on Carey and Ramsey is worth it , although have been told both are over their best , suppose only time will tell.

The only bright light is at last the club is willing to spend money on players but is it too late with many having already left.

Have to agree with your comments , must say though bit sick of Hoppers slagging off against the club on here not the best way to sort out any troubles we seem to be having.

Hope what is being spent on Carey and Ramsey is worth it , although have been told both are over their best , suppose only time will tell.

The only bright light is at last the club is willing to spend money on players but is it too late with many having already left.

I've heard those two bloke are past it more so kade Carey be lucky to get a hand full of games out of him the word is but for a rebuilding process there gone the wrong way by picking those to up.

Its good to see money being spent I agree with that but there spending money on midfielders which we don't need. We need key position players.

Some of the senior players and caoching staff need to get in the ears of the likes of Leigh McIntosh and drohomirecki and a few others to get them fit cause they can play footy. If these blokes got fit you'll see the likes of Shannon Downey,Jason dorazio, Jay bluschke struggling for a spot.

I've heard those two bloke are past it more so kade Carey be lucky to get a hand full of games out of him the word is but for a rebuilding process there gone the wrong way by picking those to up.

Its good to see money being spent I agree with that but there spending money on midfielders which we don't need. We need key position players.

Some of the senior players and caoching staff need to get in the ears of the likes of Leigh McIntosh and drohomirecki and a few others to get them fit cause they can play footy. If these blokes got fit you'll see the likes of Shannon Downey,Jason dorazio, Jay bluschke struggling for a spot.

They should rename this forum the Hoppers Crossing board because it's the only club anybody wants to talk about!

Carey didn't have a great year, but we're talking about a bloke who three years ago was playing some games with Geelong VFL as a top up player. Injuries might be a factor now, but if fit surely he can stand in the forward line at WRFL level and have an impact.

I still think they need a big fish...maybe an ex-AFL player, or a highly credentialled VFL player.

They should rename this forum the Hoppers Crossing board because it's the only club anybody wants to talk about!

Carey didn't have a great year, but we're talking about a bloke who three years ago was playing some games with Geelong VFL as a top up player. Injuries might be a factor now, but if fit surely he can stand in the forward line at WRFL level and have an impact.

I still think they need a big fish...maybe an ex-AFL player, or a highly credentialled VFL player.

Yer the key words there is if fit but fingers crossed cause he could be the big signing hoppers need to get players to the club.

your right Footyman, it seems we still havent had anyone from Albion explain the benefits of sacking a coach who hardly lost a game.....

all reports saying they will be back down the wrong end of the top 5-6 clubs.

Maybe they should get rid of footy manager and bring back Shooter O,keefe,where can we read this article:thumbsu:

Cut & Pasted...

IN his fi rst year as coach of Hoppers
Crossing, David Mitchell focused on rebuilding.
Next year, he won’t accept anything
less than fi nals.
The Warriors will be embarking on
their campaign to play fi nals footy without
star goalkicker Jason Butty, who has gone
to Essendon District Football League side
Keilor.
Taking his place will be former
Maribyrnong Park player Kade Carey,
nephew of North Melbourne great
Wayne Carey.
Hoppers Crossing will also welcome
2006 EDFL best-and-fairest winner Aaron
Ramsay and Terry Knight from EDFL
club Taylors Lakes, and ruckman/key position
player Daniel Riosa, from Werribee
Amateurs.
Ramsay is cousin of Warrior Jarrad
Ramsay, who is training with VFL side
Werribee, with the hope of making it on
its senior list. Ben Stretton is also training
with the Tigers.
As for those who have departed, including
David Clonan, Tyren Montebruno
and Chris Brierty who’ve gone to Werribee
Centrals, Mitchell said they were
“very replaceable”.
Mitchell suggested some of the outgoing
players would have been in danger
of being cut had they decided to stay at
Hoppers.
“Some of those guys probably just got
games because of their name,” Mitchell
said.
“A few guys that have moved are a
bit older. That’s opened the door for kids
coming through.”
Mitchell said last year was about rebounding
from the disappointing previous
year, with the development of youngsters
a priority. He is expecting the pay-off to
come in season 2012.
“This year was about rebuilding and
about playing some kids. In the last couple
of years, the senior group just wasn’t up to
it as a whole,” he said.
“Basically the guys that have left have
opened the door for some kids coming
through which is a positive because I believe
in the next two or three years we’ve
got some really good kids coming through
in the under-18s, so I’ll keep blooding the
kids, and at the same time the senior group
will keep improving.
“We’re going to have a pretty strong
squad and expect to be playing fi nals next
year.

Yer the key words there is if fit but fingers crossed cause he could be the big signing hoppers need to get players to the club.
Well, even a 75% fit Carey standing in the goalsquare would be better than some forwards in the WRFL.

You make some valid comments, particularly about key position players but hopefully Hoppers will have Riosa back from Werribee to take one of the key defensive posts. One more taller defender and/or a ruckman should be on their shopping list. With Merrifield and Mutton still around they've still got some talent in their backline.

Can't agree with you on McIntosh and Drohomirecki getting games ahead of Downey, Dorazio and Bluschke. Downey kicked a fair few goals last year, despite missing early games with a broken arm (2nd on club goalkicking behind Butty??).

Altona just keep signing players, they'd have to be close to favourites. Is it a two horse race between them and Spotty? Can't wait to see the fixture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, even a 75% fit Carey standing in the goalsquare would be better than some forwards in the WRFL.

You make some valid comments, particularly about key position players but hopefully Hoppers will have Riosa back from Werribee to take one of the key defensive posts. One more taller defender and/or a ruckman should be on their shopping list. With Merrifield and Mutton still around they've still got some talent in their backline.

Can't agree with you on McIntosh and Drohomirecki getting games ahead of Downey, Dorazio and Bluschke. Downey kicked a fair few goals last year, despite missing early games with a broken arm (2nd on club goalkicking behind Butty??).

Altona just keep signing players, they'd have to be close to favourites. Is it a two horse race between them and Spotty? Can't wait to see the fixture.
Might of finished 2nd in the goal kicking but only kicks goals against the weaker teams and don't see him againts the stronger side. Some people might forget McIntosh nearly put hoppers into a grand final
Play off when he tore port and spotty apart when Downey went down

Might of finished 2nd in the goal kicking but only kicks goals against the weaker teams and don't see him againts the stronger side. Some people might forget McIntosh nearly put hoppers into a grand final
Play off when he tore port and spotty apart when Downey went down
Well, you could argue that Hoppers in general went missing against the stronger sides in 2011. Very hard to kick goals when the ball isn't getting into the forward line. Even Jason Butty kicked the majority of his goals against the bottom three sides.

As for McIntosh nearly putting Hoppers into a Grand Final, well that's in the past. You expressed concerns about Carey not being fit and judged on past performances, but the options you've put forward are in much the same boat - just a bit cheaper!

Anyway, what's going on elsewhere? Surely there's gotta be some news at other clubs. Or maybe they just prefer to keep their issues in house and actually confront issues at their clubs professionally rather than trying to cause disharmony by bitching on an internet forum!

I actually kicked 17 against the finals conteñders and 13 against the bottom sides in my 12 matches, there goes that theory.

I actually kicked 17 against the finals conteñders and 13 against the bottom sides in my 12 matches, there goes that theory.

:thumbsu: i nearly fell over when i read you should be dropped. maybe mitch was talking about you in that article mate.;)

how many handballs you have for the year???
tige doesn't like to handball :D but everyone's got their flaws :eek:

he's a senior standard player every day of the week. fully fit and with a more reliable midfield and he kicks 50 goals in 2012. to suggest he's not up to senior WRFL is a fairly ignorant comment. he's not only capable of playing a crumbing role inside fifty, but for his size he's quite good in the air.

Nice to see the fixture released. Well done Deer Park for biting the bullet and accepting the night game at St Albans, pity a few more clubs won't put their hand up for something different. Going to be a great way to start the 2012 season.

how many handballs you have for the year???

I get paid $250 a goal, why would I handball? I need to put bread on the table and fund my addiction to bodyline... Tahnee is my girl, if any of you blokes quote my name when arriving you'll get a discount from
Her!

2011 - Most Improved Team (on Previous season)
1st- Altona
2nd- St Albans

2011- Biggest Flop Team (on Previous Season)
1st - Sunshine
2nd - Albion

2012- Team Most Likely to Make Best Improvement (for 2012)
1st - Altona
2nd - North Footscray (just)

2012 - Biggest Sliders (in 2012)
1st - Albion
2nd - St Albans

All IMO just getting a debate started fell free to put your own forward :)

I get paid $250 a goal, why would I handball? I need to put bread on the table and fund my addiction to bodyline... Tahnee is my girl, if any of you blokes quote my name when arriving you'll get a discount from
Her!

back on the hoppers bandwagon, from a close hoppers source that Mitch Hahn has committed and will fit in games where he can with his coaching role with Collingwood

Also hear that Sunshine struggling to attract top level players, numbers not great at training with some Taylors lakes new comers. Will struggle to covers losses from last year, of experienced players.

Basen on what's been on here, looks like Spottie and Altona may clear away from rest, Albion while they have lost some guns will still be around the mark, expect Port Colts to improve and be in the mix with DP and Hoppers for final position sin five. St Albans and Sunshine lost too many and will be in next tier above North Footscray and Heights.

Apart from the top two, it will be very competitive between the rest, will be an improved year for division 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back