WRFL Division 1 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

time to relax,

Is it true Ben foley signed at deer park?

Hey Begbee - no idea, have not heard plus not been around much. All I can say is I hope not as I have the utmost respect for Benny:thumbsu:

time to relax,

Is it true Ben foley signed at deer park?

Hey Begbee - no idea, have not heard plus not been around much. All I can say is I hope not as I have the utmost respect for Benny:thumbsu:

I posed the above to Deer Parks footy manager during the week. He confirmed with much delight I might add that Foley had signed with them for the next two seasons.

FDFL Fan - Out of curiosity who are all the Sunshine losses. Not much written on here to date???

From this year

Definites (Not Playing)

Danny Jacobs - retired
Brett Jacobs - retired
Simon Wiggins
Xavier Linton
Cam Magnussen - retired

Maybes

Ben Foley??
Patrick Wiggins??

Massive loss, especially if last two go also??

2011 - Most Improved Team (on Previous season)
1st- Altona
2nd- St Albans

2011- Biggest Flop Team (on Previous Season)
1st - Sunshine
2nd - Albion

2012- Team Most Likely to Make Best Improvement (for 2012)
1st - Altona
2nd - North Footscray (just)

2012 - Biggest Sliders (in 2012)
1st - Albion
2nd - St Albans

All IMO just getting a debate started fell free to put your own forward :)

Are you serious? Biggest flop is Albion losing only 2 games for the season? you must be from spotty!

Are you serious? Biggest flop is Albion losing only 2 games for the season? you must be from spotty!

It was a huge slide from 1st to 2nd, love everyone riding off the cats already
Big loss for colts if hardwick leaves he had a ripper season, was a pity he didn't play down at Albion as he trained there a few times in 2010

Ok put that one on hold.More importantly though, would that be the same situation as Julier ? Just waiting on confirmation ? What have you got for us on that one Zed ? No spin doctoring just the facts on this one because the Wharf never lies !!!

spoke to a mate bout 15 mins ago and despite being close to going has decided against it.

It was a huge slide from 1st to 2nd, love everyone riding off the cats already
Big loss for colts if hardwick leaves he had a ripper season, was a pity he didn't play down at Albion as he trained there a few times in 2010

Begbee whispers down at the union pub last friday was CATS in trouble outs Philpott-Hoppers
Morris-Surrey Hills
Bloomfield-Lara
Smith-Marby Park
Shilo-Nth Foots
Frankeistein-Keilor Park
Timms-Retired
Cooper -$$$ Moving to Queensland
Upton-Spotty
Perry-Spotty
with a couple waiting to see after Christmas what else happens:footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Begbee whispers down at the union pub last friday was CATS in trouble outs Philpott-Hoppers
Morris-Surrey Hills
Bloomfield-Lara
Smith-Marby Park
Shilo-Nth Foots
Frankeistein-Keilor Park
Timms-Retired
Upton-Spotty
Perry-Spotty

Grenville shopping himself around too. Going with shilo?

Begbee whispers down at the union pub last friday was CATS in trouble outs
Philpott-Hoppers- wrong, staying
Morris-Surrey Hills- family reasons
Bloomfield-Lara- been a great servant good luck
Smith-Marby Park- mercanary, good riddance
Shilo-Nth Foots- wrong, staying, killing them at training
Frankeistein-Keilor Park- who?
Timms-Retired-loyal clubman
Cooper -$$$ Moving to Queensland- wrong, and doesnt keep the club going with his own $$$
Upton-Spotty- 2nds player
Perry-Spotty- wrong, staying

so not a bad try

Morris-Surrey Hills
Bloomfield-Lara
Smith-Marby Park
Shilo-Nth Foots
Frankeistein-Keilor Park
Timms-Retired
Upton-Spotty
Perry-Spotty

only donny, marcus smith, morris & freddo going. freddo asst coach at melton centrals

Found an EDFL Article the other day and took this from it...

FORMER St Kilda hard man Steven Baker has seemingly given up hope of earning an AFL lifeline at the rookie draft by signing with Essendon District Football League club Craigieburn.

The 31-year-old put pen to paper late yesterday after being courted by Eagles ruckman and close friend Barry Brooks.

The Eagles have also secured Dervos Akkus, a former Calder Cannons key-position player, along with Scott Eldridge from North Footscray.

Surley North wouldnt be to happy about losing one of their better players over the past few years? Spoke to a bloke the other day and he said North have also lost a few more including, Stewart (Rooster), Fitzgerald, R Munn, B Lucas, C Lucas and a few more yet to decide what they are doing. He also said they have picked up a few too but i have no names :s Anyone have any information on their recruits? or any other news from other clubs at this stage?

Morris-Surrey Hills
Bloomfield-Lara
Smith-Marby Park
Shilo-Nth Foots
Frankeistein-Keilor Park
Timms-Retired
Upton-Spotty
Perry-Spotty

Perry - St Albans with his brother in law
Upton - Dog

Found an EDFL Article the other day and took this from it...

FORMER St Kilda hard man Steven Baker has seemingly given up hope of earning an AFL lifeline at the rookie draft by signing with Essendon District Football League club Craigieburn.

The 31-year-old put pen to paper late yesterday after being courted by Eagles ruckman and close friend Barry Brooks.

The Eagles have also secured Dervos Akkus, a former Calder Cannons key-position player, along with Scott Eldridge from North Footscray.

Surley North wouldnt be to happy about losing one of their better players over the past few years? Spoke to a bloke the other day and he said North have also lost a few more including, Stewart (Rooster), Fitzgerald, R Munn, B Lucas, C Lucas and a few more yet to decide what they are doing. He also said they have picked up a few too but i have no names :s Anyone have any information on their recruits? or any other news from other clubs at this stage?

Have it from a good source that North are losing quite a few of their senior players.. Apparently most would prefer to play in second division. Bit of a shame, thought of the lower ranked teams North had the most upside. Most likely would find it hard to recruit, and harder to recruit now that they have lost so many.

Any names signed to deer park. Confirmed and or rumours

Apparently Ben Foley is a done deal, signed on with an Assistant coaching role there. Great pick up for the Lions, massive loss for Sunshine.

Begs the question - what year are Sunshine in for? Not only have the lost quite a few, but have lost 3 or 4 of the similar players. Wiggins and Foley both excellent ball users and without them, Sunshine would have lost more games and by bigger margins. They have been training 3 nights a week prior to Christmas - obviously the club have identified fitness as a concern. Perhaps getting some players to use the ball well should be top of their list?

Have it from a good source that North are losing quite a few of their senior players.. Apparently most would prefer to play in second division. Bit of a shame, thought of the lower ranked teams North had the most upside. Most likely would find it hard to recruit, and harder to recruit now that they have lost so many.

Word is they have lost a few fringe players. Munn got dropped with 2 rounds to go so sooked up and didn't go back for rest of season. C.Lucas got dropped mid season. Eldridge will be a big loss and fitzpatrick moving back country, so havnt herd of any players just wanting to play div 2 apart from B.Lucas and his leaving to play with his brother who can't get a snr game. If it's true that shylo smith is down there he would be a handy pick up. I've also herd they have 2 ex marby park players training with them? My contact wouldn't give up names as yet but says they are committed. Maybe Clark can answer that for me?
Also herd jack litchfield ex hoppers and Albion is out shopping around and is big chance to play for hoppers. Throwing $800 a game at him.

Also deer park are in talks with Grenville with money talks? And anyone confirm any of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back