WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

You haven't won the flag yet and your comparing yourself to a black caviar? It's a disgrace you have to pay over $400,000 to try and win one. I actually hope you go undefeated throughout the year because there's nothing better than a cocky side on gf day ;)

im laughing at your 400k mark......

I eat too many dim sims and drink way too many woodstocks to be compared with the great black caviar......

I tell you what if they do go through underfeated it will be my shout for all you bigfooty posters got a couple of bets going on worth a few slabs!!!!

not saying deer park will though the last 2 sides in this (whole) comp who got to the big dance underfeated got through with flying colours.......last side to fail was parkside and didn't we all love that!!!!hahahaha

It's a bit tough with the juniors on Sunday's using a lot of local grounds but I think early in the season there is room for it before the juniors start.

I do agree with your thoughts though. Perhaps a better option would be introducing a split round somewhere during the year so every team gets a week off - have 2 games played one week, and then 3 games are played the next. Other alternative is making use of Queen's Birthday weekend and if two clubs were bold enough they could play a stand alone game on that Saturday (which happens in the Eastern FL between Balwyn and Noble Park on that weekend).

Also why wait to play at 2.15 on certain Saturdays when clubs don't have u/18 start reserves at 11.00 seniors at 1pm gives sides more chance to have a drink after games ect or go watch your next opponent for last half.

Heard Hoppers have a function this week and most of the boys are invited to a players 21st so there is some conflict

They have been told they can not attend the players 21st also heard match payments could be on the line

Anyway back to Footy Deerpark to beat Spotty by 6 goals super team

Also why wait to play at 2.15 on certain Saturdays when clubs don't have u/18 start reserves at 11.00 seniors at 1pm gives sides more chance to have a drink after games ect or go watch your next opponent for last half.
2.00 or 2.15 starts are tradition and from a spectator perspective it's better to give people the morning to do their shopping or whatever, then get down to the ground and watch the footy. Some clubs would thrive on going to watch their next opponent for a half, but some wouldn't make the effort.

But I agree there is definitely some room for creativity in the fixture...more night games, Sundays, twilights, even playing the U18s or Reserves at 5pm after the seniors where the lights are good. That way people hang around at the club and drink and watch more footy.

2.00 or 2.15 starts are tradition and from a spectator perspective it's better to give people the morning to do their shopping or whatever, then get down to the ground and watch the footy. Some clubs would thrive on going to watch their next opponent for a half, but some wouldn't make the effort.

But I agree there is definitely some room for creativity in the fixture...more night games, Sundays, twilights, even playing the U18s or Reserves at 5pm after the seniors where the lights are good. That way people hang around at the club and drink and watch more footy.

With all your suggestions I think you should be running a football league! A football administration genius on the rise.

Eames does run the show at the Vikings and is a class act. He has openly discussed his disapproval of the process in which the Stephens boys left a legitimate contract, for no reason having been paid quote 'Overs'. They held Albion to ransom when they had lots of players walk at the end of contracts and had to pay significant increases to two brothers who claimed to be loyal and players for life.
They now turn up to Altona overweight and starting to rub well respected people up the wrong way.
We will see how this pans out.
Don't think they're the type to go in and piss people off.

this is a ''CALL TO ARMS'' massive massive game for deer park ex players supporters jnrs jnr parents have been asked to get to spotty this week..........

smith(hand) and Lovett(broken leg) out but ayres and laverde were good for the run on the weekend

deer park are letting loose another outstanding recruit this week (ex vfl premiership player) to line up at chf........

word is that goldy is holding my man glenn Alison's reigns back so we don't make it a one horse race......ala BLACK CAVIAR.....

you can have your goat hearder cup......spotty are the club every club in this comp wants to be like(its aura its history is second to none).......cant wait for this one......

Weapons , no follow up from the Spotty game , your thoughts or anyone else that went.

Did they get a good crowd there also.

Weapons , no follow up from the Spotty game , your thoughts or anyone else that went.

was a great game of local footy Bloods,lots of pressure applied by both sides made it abit scrappy, Spottys disposal was a bit ordinary at times but that could have been the pressure, the game was tight for the first 3 quarters but Deer Park had a great last term pulled away to a good win, there first against Spotty since mid 90's i believe.

i thought Barling did a good job on Cloke, and Klix was great in the last quarter kicking some amazing goals.

crowd was a good size i think the weather helped, lots in the rooms after the game which is always good to see..

in closing i do believe the Deer park boys are a class above the others, but as we all know any team is beatable.
of the 22 Spotty boys out on the field i'm pretty sure 17 are home grown, not a bad effort.

looking forward to this saturdays game against Sunshine which i believe will be another cracker....

was a great game of local footy Bloods,lots of pressure applied by both sides made it abit scrappy, Spottys disposal was a bit ordinary at times but that could have been the pressure, the game was tight for the first 3 quarters but Deer Park had a great last term pulled away to a good win, there first against Spotty since mid 90's i believe.

i thought Barling did a good job on Cloke, and Klix was great in the last quarter kicking some amazing goals.

crowd was a good size i think the weather helped, lots in the rooms after the game which is always good to see..

in closing i do believe the Deer park boys are a class above the others, but as we all know any team is beatable.
of the 22 Spotty boys out on the field i'm pretty sure 17 are home grown, not a bad effort.

looking forward to this saturdays game against Sunshine which i believe will be another cracker....

Thank you Vicki for your reply to the game.

Yes they have many quality players and getting well paid for it , but where will the Club be when Allison gets bored and finds a new cause to throw his money at , have heard from a friend that knows a few Marby blokes and they have described him as a tosser who paid them well.

Been said before if they win the flag and i hope they don't because of how much they are paying , but how many of them will be at future Premiership reunions , not many at a guess because they would have finished playing and money no longer there for them.

Money may buy Premiership but not life long team mates and friendships.

Thank you Vicki for your reply to the game.

Yes they have many quality players and getting well paid for it , but where will the Club be when Allison gets bored and finds a new cause to throw his money at , have heard from a friend that knows a few Marby blokes and they have described him as a tosser who paid them well.

Been said before if they win the flag and i hope they don't because of how much they are paying , but how many of them will be at future Premiership reunions , not many at a guess because they would have finished playing and money no longer there for them.

Money may buy Premiership but not life long team mates and friendships.

Money can buy premierships but not respect. Premierships don't always equal respect. Respect must be earned.

excellent crowd imo

don't really care about home grown or not......both 1sts and 2nds got up in a big day for the footy club......

the game was played at a frantic pace and heaps of pressure in the 1st half whilst both teams were disappointing in front of goal the umpires never seem to let the game go.......ticky touchwood decisions pulled from nowhere (both ways) was what stood out in the 1st half...also both teams from what I saw dp were the main culprits in always having an extra player on the defensive side of the contest when the ball was between the archs.....1st 1/4 went to spotty the 2nd deer park......boyd and collard were dangerous cloke well wasn't given an inch by who I thought was bog in barling.......whilst our ff had a couple of opportunities in the 2nd 1/4 didn't get a sniff otherwise also i noticed that Kwame was trying to do a bit too much whilst the ball was in his hands.....

3rd saw spotty get on top through the midfield their coach was fantastic though a tight 1/4 their kicking for goal let them down kicking towards the freeway which was the scoring end........if they had of kicked straight they could have been leading by 2 or 3 goals going into the last.......only a couple of points the diff and I was still thinking spotty had us by the balls.....

with the game needing to be won it opened up deer park kicked the 1st 2 goals spotty replied deer park followed with another 3 some of them blinders klix instrumental but spotty were still getting plenty of it around the stoppages and were consistant in gaining f50 entries and were always threatening again okeefe and fogarty were the players I noticed trying to lift their team they got 1 back and the game was still in the balance I thought until klix snagged his third for the 1/4 spotty again replied margian was about 20 points deer park went bang bang game over......was great to see ayres have a good last 1/4......

still a few players out for deer park and spotty probably the same.....spotty will be disappointed with the result but still a team I rate very highly and surely will bounce back and be up for it come the end of the year......the rivalry continues

imo deer parks defence was rock solid all day and and that got them the win.....

barling summers hunt and Crawford were my best for dp disappointing trewen

okeefe mcghie miles and fogarty got the job done for spotty disappointing cloke

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After reading what the doomsdayers have said about North Footscray in recent times it was a great effort to get within 8 points of port colts on the weekend . Hope the boys can keep going
Yes was a closer game than both teams have been use to this season. North wasnt any better on the field and Port are nearly as in terrible shape as North.
Two very traditional and with long time history with the RDFL and WRFL are not in good shape at the moment. Lets hope both clubs can find away to get more competitive on and OFF the field.

Yes was a closer game than both teams have been use to this season. North wasnt any better on the field and Port are nearly as in terrible shape as North.
Two very traditional and with long time history with the RDFL and WRFL are not in good shape at the moment. Lets hope both clubs can find away to get more competitive on and OFF the field.
That's a bit harsh on Port Colts who have won 3 games this year. So where does that leave Yarraville and Albion then

is he to replace the one who has done a runner with his $15k sign on fee ;)

We
That's a bit harsh on Port Colts who have won 3 games this year. So where does that leave Yarraville and Albion then

(Albion) are just fine tough year but we will stick together and have a crack every week, got a lot of good LOYAL kids. Unlucky losing captain M. Davis with broken arm but things have been worse.

Back in 1999 we won 5 games for the year and beat St Albans in last round to save demotion, games like that you don't forget it's not just premierships that make friends

Who told you this?
Things going from bad to worse down at Hogan's Rd, heard D.Riosa wanted to punch on with coach after 30gl win after being told to pull head in after game, not sure why though. Club wont pull trigger though on coach after also hearing majority of players dont want him to coach the season out, player apparently not wanting to get injured against Nth Foot due to going on holiday, big name one too! Not looking great for the warriors down there with Deer Park next, looking like missing finals for 2 out of 3 yrs and with a list that should be good enough to at least get to pre- lim, imo!

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back