WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Believe that Altona will announce that Gary Turner ( former Parkside player, Spotswood U/18 - Reserves Coach and Caroline Springs Coach )will be their Senior Coach in 2014.

Heard that he was the only applicant. I thought Altona were going to be the next "powerhouse" in the WRFL according to posts after they won the 2012 flag, very disappointing to say the least. Good luck Smackas you deserve a chance in Div 1.

Looking for ruck man and
Key position player
Rdfl Brodford FC
Play with Barry hall
Remuneration package avail

Fossil is back with another one boys,gee Richard has been busy,X blue and giant Brett Thornton he's newest edition,move further over Jimmy,could have one more big one soon,watch out for Fossil's next entry.

Fossil is back with another one boys,gee Richard has been busy,X blue and giant Brett Thornton he's newest edition,move further over Jimmy,could have one more big one soon,watch out for Fossil's next entry.

The way money bags is spending, poor jimmy might even not get a game the way you are recruiting.
He may have to kick his bag in the two's. may- be the rumours are right if his old man is back at Parkside helping in recruiting he may just land that big fish Parkside need to win the big one watch this space

The way money bags is spending, poor jimmy might even not get a game the way you are recruiting.
He may have to kick his bag in the two's. may- be the rumours are right if his old man is back at Parkside helping in recruiting he may just land that big fish Parkside need to win the big one watch this space
Could be right.Seen Jimmy heading down Ballarat Rd thursday,in the back of one of Richard's Limo's heading to the Oaks,that's about as close as he will be getting to Parkside.#27,most popular recruit ever recruited to the lions.Old man will be supporting to, he's mellowing a bit in he's old age.

Time for a points system. The end
I have supported this idea since 2006 and it was Rock07 that first mentioned it to me.
However, the WRFL don't want to do it, they don't want to start the trend, they reckon that it should be something done by AFL Victoria and not them on their own.
If the clubs want it, then it's a matter of putting it forward and gaining over 75% of the votes to get it through as I know the league doesn't want to implement it.
Look at the VTCA Cricket, they put in a points system a few years ago and speak to anyone who is involved in the Senior Division of this league and they all love it.
It's now time for the league to show some balls.

I have supported this idea since 2006 and it was Rock07 that first mentioned it to me.
However, the WRFL don't want to do it, they don't want to start the trend, they reckon that it should be something done by AFL Victoria and not them on their own.
If the clubs want it, then it's a matter of putting it forward and gaining over 75% of the votes to get it through as I know the league doesn't want to implement it.
Look at the VTCA Cricket, they put in a points system a few years ago and speak to anyone who is involved in the Senior Division of this league and they all love it.
It's now time for the league to show some balls.

Points systems don't work in country footy....metro may be different but I'm not sure they are the answer

I think they work in country football roota. I've seen it work... It stops teams from going out and just buying a whole new side. Points stop local footy teams from being able to bring in 22 gun players in a season. I still play local football and I don't play for the coin. I believe a points system stops teams from spending $400,000 plus in their first few years... If you want to spend that sort of money you have to earn it, as players have to stick around to reduce their points. If we don't do something local football clubs are just going to get more and more ridiculous on spending. Anyways this is my opinion. Any other thoughts to how we can solve this sort of problem?

Points sytem would work. Biggest issue people had was that leagues close by would take all the good players and be stronger than us... guess what EDFL is already miles ahead.

If I was running a Div 1 club at the moment I would reduce spending by 50% and play as many kids as possible for the next 2 years. Just develop and save some money. Wait till the blokes at Deer Park find a new play thing to stroke their ego's with and then the comp will open up again while DP slide down to Div 2/3

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they work in country football roota. I've seen it work... It stops teams from going out and just buying a whole new side. Points stop local footy teams from being able to bring in 22 gun players in a season. I still play local football and I don't play for the coin. I believe a points system stops teams from spending $400,000 plus in their first few years... If you want to spend that sort of money you have to earn it, as players have to stick around to reduce their points. If we don't do something local football clubs are just going to get more and more ridiculous on spending. Anyways this is my opinion. Any other thoughts to how we can solve this sort of problem?

I disagre. Played in one of the first leagues in country Vic to implement it and there is no evidence that I have seen that tells me that it works

Points sytem would work. Biggest issue people had was that leagues close by would take all the good players and be stronger than us... guess what EDFL is already miles ahead.

If I was running a Div 1 club at the moment I would reduce spending by 50% and play as many kids as possible for the next 2 years. Just develop and save some money. Wait till the blokes at Deer Park find a new play thing to stroke their ego's with and then the comp will open up again while DP slide down to Div 2/3
How long have you been around buddy?Clubs in the WRFL/FDL have been doing it for years,back as far as John LIoyd at Braybrook in the 70's to Robbie McGee and Rene Kink at St Albans,we get a former Premiership coach back as president and move forward so quickly because he doesn't sit on he's ass waiting for the sponsorship and funds to come to us.How many clubs have former premiership coaches at there helm????As for developement,lets sit back and see what happens.If your club had as many committed people around it,it could do the same.Bring on 2014.

how about introducing a salary cap say roughly 90 to 100k for div 3 ,120 to 180k div 2, 200 to 250k div 1
i have just put the numbers out there it could be more or less but when you consider a VFL clubs salary cap is about 100k then theses number look ok

how about introducing a salary cap say roughly 90 to 100k for div 3 ,120 to 180k div 2, 200 to 250k div 1
i have just put the numbers out there it could be more or less but when you consider a VFL clubs salary cap is about 100k then theses number look ok

No way to police it

Morning boys,new recruit to Lions Den,tough,strong key position player from Keilor Daniel Cooper,dominated for Keilor last year,great bloke to join our footy club.Youwon't have to move over for this one Jimmy,only when he picks you up for training.

Morning again boys,late update,welcome back to former premiership player Dean 'Novak' Stankovic,returning after a season at Keilor,joining Coops and Jimmy.He'll be driving Jimmy and Coop's to training in the xc coupe again this year.Welcome back Dean,one of Fossil's favorites.

this bloke with the coin at deer park's lost the fukn plot! it's local footy, not afl, he either has no value for $$ or he's won a monster fukn quaddie and just loveeeeees drinking premiership piss

Well boys,get ready for the best half back line ever in WRFL/FDL history......
Mackenzie.....Hargrave.....Guerra....welcome to the Lions Den Shaggy,have to thank TTT for this one.Another good bloke to our footy club.

Wow! Deer park would want to win games by an average margin of 80-100 points. Picking up any quality player available. I still question the sustainability of spending that sort of coin, seeing that marby are now stuffed. Only time will tell... But I think it's becoming broad daylight between 1st and 2nd, with all due respect to spotswood. Clubs will have to spend 250+ if they are any chance to compete for the flag.
Mate,i think marby went ok this year,and he's other former club were premiers,try not to read to much in to him and give our footy club president and supporters some recognition for all the hard work and financial support they provide our club,we're not a one man band like most outsiders think.....

Mate,i think marby went ok this year,and he's other former club were premiers,try not to read to much in to him and give our footy club president and supporters some recognition for all the hard work and financial support they provide our club,we're not a one man band like most outsiders think.....
Stop kidding yourself mate, was at one of your games this year and after the game there were no more than 20-25 people in the rooms, not 1 being a reserves player! Only reason the 1's players hang back is because if they dont they are fined 25% of there payment and dont try to deny it! This is a fact!!!!

Stop kidding yourself mate, was at one of your games this year and after the game there were no more than 20-25 people in the rooms, not 1 being a reserves player! Only reason the 1's players hang back is because if they dont they are fined 25% of there payment and dont try to deny it! This is a fact!!!!
Kidding myself,you wouldn't know mate,they get fined 50%,not 25% buddy.I suppose we won the game you were at too.Come in and buy a beer again next year,we need the money....Should get yopur facts right before you spruke.

Kidding myself,you wouldn't know mate,they get fined 50%,not 25% buddy.I suppose we won the game you were at too.Come in and buy a beer again next year,we need the money....Should get yopur facts right before you spruke.
It all comes down to management if Deer Park/ orbit logistics keep throwing $ at blokes and sustain it for a while well good on them.
I think the real concerns are hoppers and altona.
Spotty showed by sticking with there juniors they can match it with DR.
Surely the likes of altona and hoppers can also match it to a degree?
Any big signings apart from ORBIT FI

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 1 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back