WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting reading in the local paper regarding the Laverton Magpies, small piece from the article,

“I do believe that should everything fall into place and we keep the way things are building, and the players that we’ve picked up and the attitude continue to go the way they should, then that is a reality that we could win the flag,” Moran said.

Surely Lavo cant be in the mix for the flag this year? or am i just being silly...

Interesting reading in the local paper regarding the Laverton Magpies, small piece from the article,

“I do believe that should everything fall into place and we keep the way things are building, and the players that we’ve picked up and the attitude continue to go the way they should, then that is a reality that we could win the flag,” Moran said.

Surely Lavo cant be in the mix for the flag this year? or am i just being silly...

Only ever believe half of what you read and remember that I didn't write the article...

We will make the top 5 in my opinion and if you may remember Deer Park finished the H and A season in 5th spot and went on to win the flag that season so anything is possible...

Now we must through 'actions not words' make it happen...

Only ever believe half of what you read and remember that I didn't write the article...

We will make the top 5 in my opinion and if you may remember Deer Park finished the H and A season in 5th spot and went on to win the flag that season so anything is possible...

Now we must through 'actions not words' make it happen...

Obviously you didnt write the article but the person who did cant change quotes. No beef mate i hope for the competition sake that all teams are improving lavo getting better is only a good thing for the comp.

Deer Park indeed finished 5th and won the flag the year after but i dont think there is going to be another divvy 2 side like Deer Park for awhile, If Lavo are going to play finals this year who's spot do they take? Cause surely Wyndhamvale, Parkside, Yarra will play finals Coburg will improve and Glenorden and Albanvale will hang around that 5th spot?

Obviously you didnt write the article but the person who did cant change quotes. No beef mate i hope for the competition sake that all teams are improving lavo getting better is only a good thing for the comp.

Deer Park indeed finished 5th and won the flag the year after but i dont think there is going to be another divvy 2 side like Deer Park for awhile, If Lavo are going to play finals this year who's spot do they take? Cause surely Wyndhamvale, Parkside, Yarra will play finals Coburg will improve and Glenorden and Albanvale will hang around that 5th spot?

As I stated... believe half of what you read... Many teams will improve some by more than others and some will drop a little but all in all we are in for a very close and thrilling season... Every game will count for both points and percentage and the top 5 will not be certain until 5pm on the 11th of August at the completion of round 18...

I was talking about the 2009 Deer Park team that finished 5th after the 17 round season and then ultimately won the flag that season. I am not here to speculate on other teams... Control the controllable... We will take up one of the top 5 spots.

As I stated... believe half of what you read... Many teams will improve some by more than others and some will drop a little but all in all we are in for a very close and thrilling season... Every game will count for both points and percentage and the top 5 will not be certain until 5pm on the 11th of August at the completion of round 18...

I was talking about the 2009 Deer Park team that finished 5th after the 17 round season and then ultimately won the flag that season. I am not here to speculate on other teams... Control the controllable... We will take up one of the top 5 spots.

I can't see you guys improving, how can u possably improve after losing ur 2 best players.. Your new recruits would have to be very good footballers to fill the holes left buy Kennedy and wells.. I hear all new boys had a fair stint playing 2nds Footy at there last clubs if that's the case it's going to be a long year for u guys.. Just my opinion coach :)

I can't see you guys improving, how can u possably improve after losing ur 2 best players.. Your new recruits would have to be very good footballers to fill the holes left buy Kennedy and wells.. I hear all new boys had a fair stint playing 2nds Footy at there last clubs if that's the case it's going to be a long year for u guys.. Just my opinion coach :)

Karim,

All anyone on here ever hears from you is Caroline Springs are going to make finals this year, and your side is not. Seriously mate, do you have any idea?

The fact that you state that Laverton can't improve after losing 2 players really just shows that you don't know what you're talking about! Yes, Kennedy and Wells are loses, but we have recruited over and above the loss of those guys. We've attracted not only good footballers, but great people as well and we know that we'll suprise a lot of people this season!

Maybe in future you should concentrate on your own backyard?? Maybe work out a plan for how your going to get the massive improvments out of your side that you're going to need to make finals like you keep telling us?

Wyndamvale are on a training camp in Lorne this weekend, unsure if they are playing a game though.

Yarraville / Seddon are in Yarrawonga next weekend playing Tungamah.

Its on their websites :thumbsu:

No news out of your camp Evo? Be good to hear how the new faces (and not so new!) faired over the weekend? And how are all these recruits out of Coburg and Glenorden going? Surely some clubs have had intra club games and can give us a general run down on how their blokes are fairing...or are clubs keeping their cards close to their chests?

Karim,

All anyone on here ever hears from you is Caroline Springs are going to make finals this year, and your side is not. Seriously mate, do you have any idea?

The fact that you state that Laverton can't improve after losing 2 players really just shows that you don't know what you're talking about! Yes, Kennedy and Wells are loses, but we have recruited over and above the loss of those guys. We've attracted not only good footballers, but great people as well and we know that we'll suprise a lot of people this season!

Maybe in future you should concentrate on your own backyard?? Maybe work out a plan for how your going to get the massive improvments out of your side that you're going to need to make finals like you keep telling us?

Realistically we won't make finals but if we do would be a great effort, we are def setting this as a goal, pretty sure all other clubs have the same goal.. I think u guys are in the same boat..since u think u are going to make finals please tell me who's spot u will take?

Realistically we won't make finals but if we do would be a great effort, we are def setting this as a goal, pretty sure all other clubs have the same goal.. I think u guys are in the same boat..since u think u are going to make finals please tell me who's spot u will take?

Karim,

We dont care whos spot we take as long as we are in the Top 5 when Mid-August comes round and the real stuff starts. Just remember we havent even played a match for premiership points yet and your assuming laverton will be s**t and wont do any good. I believe we (Laverton) have the right players and people to take us where we need to.

Weve been down for quite a while but the clubs heading in the right direction both on and off the field and success will come very soon.

Just watch this space!!

Karim,

We dont care whos spot we take as long as we are in the Top 5 when Mid-August comes round and the real stuff starts. Just remember we havent even played a match for premiership points yet and your assuming laverton will be s**t and wont do any good. I believe we (Laverton) have the right players and people to take us where we need to.

Weve been down for quite a while but the clubs heading in the right direction both on and off the field and success will come very soon.

Just watch this space!!

I hope ur right mate its a good thing for the comp..

If laverton show as much fight on the ground as they do on their facebook page, then they will be flying!

In all seriousness, a strong lavo, Wyndham vale was a long way off a few years back. Hats off!

Coldog said it perfectly... We don't care who's spot we take. To be honest, no one really knows who is going to fill spots 1 - 5. It could be anyone of 7 teams really. But internally, we know that we have the goods, and we know what we're capable of. And I can't wait to run out onto the ground and prove all of the Laverton FC doubters wrong this season!

Coldog said it perfectly... We don't care who's spot we take. To be honest, no one really knows who is going to fill spots 1 - 5. It could be anyone of 7 teams really. But internally, we know that we have the goods, and we know what we're capable of. And I can't wait to run out onto the ground and prove all of the Laverton FC doubters wrong this season!

Looks like coach Moran has all u boys on the right track, good to see.. Let's hope all teams improve and it's a awsome finish to the year.. I'm over one-sided seasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like coach Moran has all u boys on the right track, good to see.. Let's hope all teams improve and it's a awsome finish to the year.. I'm over one-sided seasons
Yeah hopefully all teams improve, i was down checking out Deer Park last week and to a surprise there wasnt many U18s i would say lucky to have been 5 to 6. Actually heard they have pulled them out.
Also noticed the sacked Albanvale 2011 U18s co coach was at Deer Park, gee i thought he took the Albanvale U16 job this year. I got abit closer and crickies hes the new Deer Park reserve coach for 2012. Deer Park must be desperate or just dont care about the ressies.
I swear they had two Keilor coaches down there to coach the ressies and U18s for the coming season.Maybe the 2 Keilor coaches quickly worked out what there really about.:thumbsdown:

What's on in regards to practice matches this week? any local games worth having a peek at....

I heard a whisper about Condos and his ability to get the job done on the football field. I previously mentioned this whisper.

I did some research into his stats and noticed he was kicking near 10 goals a game for the season.

I know some blokes who are involved down at Coburg District and I take a loose interest in them as I live close.

One of the whispers ive been told relates to Chris Bone. My sources tell me he is the best full back in WRFL div 2. Can this whisper be confirmed??

And did anyone get a first hand "live" look at Bone v Condos??

I see. We definitley have different sources!! Can you confirm the whisper about CHris Bone?? Im told he was a key for coburg last year was a big reason why they made the finals in the first place.

Has he retired?? If not then maybe some other clubs might be interested in speaking with him. I'm told he is a rock down back.

Im still waiting on a reply to how he faired against Condos last year though.....

Chris Bone a rock down back????????????

Last i checked he was almost 40 years of age & very over weight. Based on what i saw their best defender was Adem Bektash who we tried to get to come across to our neck of the woods and also his brother, Azem. Both deals fell through though. Wishing both players all the best for season 2012, aswell as all clubs in Division 2.

Cheers.

Chris Bone a rock down back????????????

Last i checked he was almost 40 years of age & very over weight. Based on what i saw their best defender was Adem Bektash who we tried to get to come across to our neck of the woods and also his brother, Azem. Both deals fell through though. Wishing both players all the best for season 2012, aswell as all clubs in Division 2.

Cheers.
With the season drawing closer and more and more clearances coming through, I will have a stab at what I reckon the top 5 will be at seasons end:
1. Glenorden
2. Wyndhamvale
3. Albanvale
4. Parkside
5. Yarraville

With the season drawing closer and more and more clearances coming through, I will have a stab at what I reckon the top 5 will be at seasons end:
1. Glenorden
2. Wyndhamvale
3. Albanvale
4. Parkside
5. Yarraville

Haven't seen division two looking as close as it is this year, ever!

Our lads are training well in div 1. Looking to give it a real shake! Prepare to be shocked! :)

Hmmm think it will be a wide open season with a real log jam between 5th-9th.
1. Wyndhamvale
2. Coburg
3. Yarra
4. Parkside
5.Laverton
6. Glen Orden

Friend who plays at Glen Orden is confident but very respectful of the competition. Big in Travis Johns.

Hmmm think it will be a wide open season with a

Friend who plays at Glen Orden is confident but very respectful of the competition. Big in Travis Johns.

johnsy will be one of the best mids in the comp he played with my side in the GDFL a couple of yrs ago and dominated til he did his string real bad and was never the same player. he went to RDFL last yr and did the same string, trained back with us and couldnt get through 1 session this preseason. if fit he will be a standout big question mark though

Re: A few clearances....

Poor players and supporters down at north sunshine;

Word has it a few of there better players departing the club again this year. I am a local and have watched many games over the last decade, although i haven't been down to watch them as much i should have in recent years, there once were glory years down at that club

big outs

lukey white to coburg district - captain of the club for the last few years, kicked 35 odd goals in a season a few years back in a struggling team playing midfield, quick Kevin Bartlett type - ball magnet and this kid knows how take a specky (seen it first hand on many occasions) never seen a guy more loyal to a struggling side, seen him with tears rolling down his eyes after an embarrassing loss to albanvale a few years back (he was by far nth sunshines best player on the day), just the character of the guy, you can just tell that the kid loves that club but needs to go win a few games

chris melksham to join laverton magpies -good hard midfielder/back, silky smooth skills, big body. Probably plays his best football across the halfback flank, penetrating kick, discipline what more could you want out of a divy 2 player. Will slot into laverton lineup nicely, very hand pickup

jonathan donovan to unknown- probably most talented football in second division, absolute superstar on his day, tough in and under midfielder who lays over 10 tackles a game, has a few league b&f's throughout junior football at nth sunshine left to play jets for a few years and eneded up playing a grade senior football at sunshine yc for a few years, returned to help out the club in tough times. Cousin of luke white but i don't think his following luke and brother joel to coburg disctrict
Anyways he really is a GUN footballer

gary bradford (ruck aka spider) to country football- tall, quick, agile. Dominated most games he played last season. Won the clubs b&f last year Huge loss for the club, hard to get players that tall that really can play football.

a lot of players in lower sides get over looked in wrfl teams of the year & and league b&f's, all 4 players are def a few of them, all 4 would be top players at any divy 2 club

wish them all the best at there new clubs

Poor players and supporters down at north sunshine;

Word has it a few of there better players departing the club again this year. I am a local and have watched many games over the last decade, although i haven't been down to watch them as much i should have in recent years, there once were glory years down at that club

big outs

lukey white to coburg district - captain of the club for the last few years, kicked 35 odd goals in a season a few years back in a struggling team playing midfield, quick Kevin Bartlett type - ball magnet and this kid knows how take a specky (seen it first hand on many occasions) never seen a guy more loyal to a struggling side, seen him with tears rolling down his eyes after an embarrassing loss to albanvale a few years back (he was by far nth sunshines best player on the day), just the character of the guy, you can just tell that the kid loves that club but needs to go win a few games

chris melksham to join laverton magpies -good hard midfielder/back, silky smooth skills, big body. Probably plays his best football across the halfback flank, penetrating kick, discipline what more could you want out of a divy 2 player. Will slot into laverton lineup nicely, very hand pickup

jonathan donovan to unknown- probably most talented football in second division, absolute superstar on his day, tough in and under midfielder who lays over 10 tackles a game, has a few league b&f's throughout junior football at nth sunshine left to play jets for a few years and eneded up playing a grade senior football at sunshine yc for a few years, returned to help out the club in tough times. Cousin of luke white but i don't think his following luke and brother joel to coburg disctrict
Anyways he really is a GUN footballer

gary bradford (ruck aka spider) to country football- tall, quick, agile. Dominated most games he played last season. Won the clubs b&f last year Huge loss for the club, hard to get players that tall that really can play football.

a lot of players in lower sides get over looked in wrfl teams of the year & and league b&f's, all 4 players are def a few of them, all 4 would be top players at any divy 2 club

wish them all the best at there new clubs

Nice to hear someone so positive about some players leaving there own club and personally I wish North Sunshine well in their continual attempts to not only stay afloat but to improve and rebuild their club. The second time around playing them last season although well beaten, they showed considerable resolve and improvement from all previous encounters and losing the quality of players above will no doubt make it hard for them but I hope that they can not only keep as much of the list that they had but they can build, stick together and make the most of 2012 to make further steps forward.

Your assessment of Chris Matcham is a very good one, he has been a very valued addition to our club, not only as a player (where I forsee him being one of our top 5 players this season) but as a bloke of fantastic character, integrity and discipline. Leading by example and he along with many of our new players that have joined are really fitting in well with our club and will help us in our quest to continue to improve.

Our club is very excited with the steps we have taken to develop our current players and the minimal playing losses (albeit big losses in Wells and Kennedy) in addition to our many new recruits both senior and reserve augur well for us with not only our overall depth (we have enough players currently to field 3 teams which is very pleasing!) but the quality of personnel that we have...

We will have a very fast and skilful side but now with much greater discipline, team-work and commitment to all things team. We are excited about the upcoming season and expect nothing less than a top 5 finish... As stated not worrying whom the other 4 teams are and who finishes in what order, we will control the controllable and that is our game plan and winning games that we should and need to and have an increased never say-die attitude.

The number one thing we have going for us at Laverton is that ALL players are there for the one purpose and not a single player is being paid to be there, so you will see this commitment and attitude in the way we truly play for each other and every club should not come along expecting a win, as you will need an off-day from us to walk away from a stroll in the park.

We could still do with the addition of a key backman and/or a ruckman but we are confident that we will find a second string ruckman or CHB/FB from an A Grade/B Grade EDFL or WRFL 1st Division club that come the end of practice matches or early in the season will not want to be playing reserves or spending large amounts of time on the bench and will see us as an attractive option to come down and be our number one ruckman and/or defender and be a part of something special this season... So if you know of anyone or may be interested yourself in joing our very young, up and coming club, please don't hesitate to make contact - there is still time!

Go Lavo!!!

Justin Moran
Senior Coach
Laverton Magpies FC

Nice to hear someone so positive about some players leaving there own club and personally I wish North Sunshine well in their continual attempts to not only stay afloat but to improve and rebuild their club. The second time around playing them last season although well beaten, they showed considerable resolve and improvement from all previous encounters and losing the quality of players above will no doubt make it hard for them but I hope that they can not only keep as much of the list that they had but they can build, stick together and make the most of 2012 to make further steps forward.

Your assessment of Chris Matcham is a very good one, he has been a very valued addition to our club, not only as a player (where I forsee him being one of our top 5 players this season) but as a bloke of fantastic character, integrity and discipline. Leading by example and he along with many of our new players that have joined are really fitting in well with our club and will help us in our quest to continue to improve.

Our club is very excited with the steps we have taken to develop our current players and the minimal playing losses (albeit big losses in Wells and Kennedy) in addition to our many new recruits both senior and reserve augur well for us with not only our overall depth (we have enough players currently to field 3 teams which is very pleasing!) but the quality of personnel that we have...

We will have a very fast and skilful side but now with much greater discipline, team-work and commitment to all things team. We are excited about the upcoming season and expect nothing less than a top 5 finish... As stated not worrying whom the other 4 teams are and who finishes in what order, we will control the controllable and that is our game plan and winning games that we should and need to and have an increased never say-die attitude.

The number one thing we have going for us at Laverton is that ALL players are there for the one purpose and not a single player is being paid to be there, so you will see this commitment and attitude in the way we truly play for each other and every club should not come along expecting a win, as you will need an off-day from us to walk away from a stroll in the park.

We could still do with the addition of a key backman and/or a ruckman but we are confident that we will find a second string ruckman or CHB/FB from an A Grade/B Grade EDFL or WRFL 1st Division club that come the end of practice matches or early in the season will not want to be playing reserves or spending large amounts of time on the bench and will see us as an attractive option to come down and be our number one ruckman and/or defender and be a part of something special this season... So if you know of anyone or may be interested yourself in joing our very young, up and coming club, please don't hesitate to make contact - there is still time!

Go Lavo!!!

Justin Moran
Senior Coach
Laverton Magpies FC

Justin, probably one of the best salesmen in the game !

Top 5 at worst yet in March you are on Bigfooty advertising for the services of a key back ( FB/CHB ) and a ruckman. ????????????????

Fairly big pieces to the puzzle i would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back