WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bucktin 10 weeks (2susp), scudamore 8 weeks (2susp), Reschke, Boland & Klien-bretler 2 weeks.

Never understood why they suspended players weeks after their game. Scudamore & Bucktin are in the top 5 players at glenorden. Anyway, good luck tomorrow to both teams.

Wyn will win by 30+

ahhh. Back to the Div 2 thread. Good to be back on a thread that doesnt involve Weapons. Very hard reading when he gets his pocket money for the month and heads down to an interent cafe to post his dribble.

Dont really want to talk about 2013 when 2012 isnt done and dusted but I would have thought that Coburg confirming tha they are moving to the EDFL next season was worth some discussion?

ahhh. Back to the Div 2 thread. Good to be back on a thread that doesnt involve Weapons. Very hard reading when he gets his pocket money for the month and heads down to an interent cafe to post his dribble.

Dont really want to talk about 2013 when 2012 isnt done and dusted but I would have thought that Coburg confirming tha they are moving to the EDFL next season was worth some discussion?

Great move :thumbsu:

When did they do that gbf50? Maybe the other club might come out now (home brew) ;)

St Albans are the other side TT,Wrfl will struggle to get a 3rd divi going now.Also interesting at delegates meeting last week that NO side put there hand up to go to Divi 1next year :thumbsdown:

If the EDFL offer a better product for each club and it's members, I cannot blame them!

I know the VAFA offer a better product.

It is a bit hypocritical of Coburg...

They put forward a motion to kick PCFC's juniors because the seniors were playing VAFA and not WRFL...

Now they are jumping ship themselves!

It is a bit hypocritical of Coburg...

They put forward a motion to kick PCFC's juniors because the seniors were playing VAFA and not WRFL...

Now they are jumping ship themselves!

Not sure how it is hypocritical. Coburg are starting juniors next season. Their juniors will be in the EDFL so they have decided to move the seniors across as well. A bit different to Point Cook.

I would say it is a backward step for a club to be playing third tier edfl.
Stay in wrfl, recruit well win a flag, head up to div 1.
Cobug have now taken a backward step to div 3, will most probably lose many players, imagine if they stay in the third tier for a while. LOL

Not sure how it is hypocritical. Coburg are starting juniors next season. Their juniors will be in the EDFL so they have decided to move the seniors across as well. A bit different to Point Cook.

How is that different?

You have rocks in your heads.. why cant thier juniors play in the WRFL?

the only thing that is different is the chicken came before the egg, and the rather than the egg coming before the Chicken.

Just another club finding a better product than the WRFL.

Just because of post codes, doesnt mean that your club has to obliged to play for closest league. The Dictatorship will continue to fall!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look new look teams for north west division one competion should be as follows - Strathmore - Spotswood - Greenvale - Altona - Aberfeldie - Hoppers Crossing - Keilor - Pascoe Vale - Essendon Doutta Stars - Maribyrnong Park.

Points System introduced includes any player that has played any more than 30 VFL games is say 20 points - more for ex AFL players - - Your total amount per team is say approx 300 points.

Criteria set would be all clubs have an under 18 team and can prove they are financially stable.

Division Two Shortly

Why would they because its required by AFL Victoria the overriding body to step in take action. Its simply not good enough to see clubs dwindling the way they are. Professionalism is crucial for the future sustainability of "our sport" at all levels. EDFL have set the trend of leading by example in the way they have managed the thrid division break away mid season what an initiative??? A stand needs to be taken and time for the hard work needs to begin or do we bury our heads in the sand and say lets act like ferals for the next ten years and leave it the way it is.

back where u belong!!!!

Why would they because its required by AFL Victoria the overriding body to step in take action. Its simply not good enough to see clubs dwindling the way they are. Professionalism is crucial for the future sustainability of "our sport" at all levels. EDFL have set the trend of leading by example in the way they have managed the thrid division break away mid season what an initiative??? A stand needs to be taken and time for the hard work needs to begin or do we bury our heads in the sand and say lets act like ferals for the next ten years and leave it the way it is.

So maybe the Western Region Football League should be made accountable for the way they are ran, and football victoria have a look at the personnel that have driven the competition into the ground!

Good luck to CD on their move to the EDFL, hard to not justify based on geographical grounds. This should allow them to more easily recruit players who would rather play in a comp closer to home.

Now that the EDFL has their 3rd division, and for the good of the game this side of the Yarra, hopefully they will stop knocking on the doors of any club within a bulls roar of Puckle Street, and allow the RDFL and WRFL to move forward with their own ambitions.

Hopefully the WRFL will no longer admit new clubs unless there is a binding watertight agreement that their senior teams play in the WRFL when the time comes to prevent another PC scenario.

So maybe the Western Region Football League should be made accountable for the way they are ran, and football victoria have a look at the personnel that have driven the competition into the ground!

Provide examples of poor management TT, the current CEO is an AFL Victoria appointee I believe.

Why?
The EDFL is fine as it is.

Why?
The EDFL is fine as it is.

I don't know about you mate but I have watched EDFL 3rd tier. Shambles. Literally. This weeks grand final between East Keilor & Mooney Valley, I know many from Mooney Valley, not many who would play seniors in WRFL. Don't agree? Then go watch the match on Saturday 2pm, be the judge. Massive step backwards for Coburg here

I don't know about you mate but I have watched EDFL 3rd tier. Shambles. Literally. This weeks grand final between East Keilor & Mooney Valley, I know many from Mooney Valley, not many who would play seniors in WRFL. Don't agree? Then go watch the match on Saturday 2pm, be the judge. Massive step backwards for Coburg here
I won't bother with EDFL/WRFL comparisons.
It's early days of the third division though, it will take some time but teams will work themselves out. If Coburg Districts are too good for Div 3 so be it, they'll be promoted in a years time.
It just depends on your perspective I suppose.. but take North Sunshine for example, surely it'd be better for them to be playing against comparable sides week in, week out as opposed to getting destroyed and putting people off playing footy.

I'd say staying in the WRFL is stupid and a backward step when we are situated in Pascoe Vale? What junior parant would want to travel over the west gate every second week? and recruit players who don't travel that far on their holiday's so why would they for football.

I reckon guys from Moonee Valley would get a game for Caroline Springs, Braybrook, Nth Sunshine, Laverton and West Footscray so that's five out of now 10 teams i wouldn't call it as strong as what you make it out to be (WRFL).

I don't know about you mate but I have watched EDFL 3rd tier.. This weeks grand final between East Keilor & Moonee Valley, I know many from Moonee Valley, many who would play seniors in WRFL. Don't agree? Then go watch the match on Saturday 2pm, be the judge. Massive step forwards for Coburg here

Edit: Post Fixed ;)

Sat 2.15pm Essendon Football Ground/Windy Hill

I reckon guys from Moonee Valley would get a game for Caroline Springs, Braybrook, Nth Sunshine, Laverton and West Footscray so that's five out of now 10 teams i wouldn't call it as strong as what you make it out to be (WRFL).

Mooney Valley, East Keilor, Jacana, Keilor Park, Roxy Park, Hillside.

Go watcha game, my buddy plays for ROXY seniors when he played for Panton Hill (Reserves div 3).

West Footscray & Caro would beat Jacana, Keilor Park, Roxy for sure.

Now Coburg going in their division for a season is going to be pretty poor.

It is up to them obviously and they think it is the right thing.

Everyone has their own opinion.

Would not be suprised how many players Coburg lose.

Sat 2.15pm Essendon Football Ground/Windy Hill

Will be there today to watch a mate play for Mooney Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back