WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh & also my uncles best friend is coach of East Sunbury (Casey Whelan) - new team in the c grade comp with cdfc.

Can i say it here now - East Sunbury will finish LAST or SECOND last next season.

"QUOTING THIS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE".

Sunbury Lions, Sunbury Kangaroos, Rupertswood, Riddell and Diggers Rest football clubs all within a bees dick of one another. Good luck with making it higher than 7th. I personally know 2 players who have signed there and good luck lol.

Why would they because its required by AFL Victoria the overriding body to step in take action. Its simply not good enough to see clubs dwindling the way they are. Professionalism is crucial for the future sustainability of "our sport" at all levels. EDFL have set the trend of leading by example in the way they have managed the thrid division break away mid season what an initiative??? A stand needs to be taken and time for the hard work needs to begin or do we bury our heads in the sand and say lets act like ferals for the next ten years and leave it the way it is.

Professionalism..... is what has ruined local footy. Anyone who wants to be involved in professional football go and volunteer your time (or get a job) at an AFL club. Don't turn local footy into something it shouldn't be

Oh & also my uncles best friend is coach of East Sunbury (Casey Whelan) - new team in the c grade comp with cdfc.

Can i say it here now - East Sunbury will finish LAST or SECOND last next season.
I personally know 2 players who have signed there and good luck lol.

What is Casey Whelan like mate? Do you know much about him football wise?

Sunbury Lions, Sunbury Kangaroos, Rupertswood, Riddell and Diggers Rest football clubs all within a bees dick of one another. Good luck with making it higher than 7th. I personally know 2 players who have signed there and good luck lol.
Not really that surprising, considering it will be their first season as a senior club.
Over time East Sunbury can make up some ground on the two Sunbury sides, due to not playing an hour or so away (Lions) a worse league (Kangaroos).

Was down at Altona today. Players in he reserves were having a dead set crack after the game.The reserves coach addressed the players as I was eating at the canteen up to six players were having a go at coburg senior coach rooney. More to follow id say

What is Casey Whelan like mate? Do you know much about him football wise?

Very good bloke. Down to earth knows his stuff. Good luck to him on getting the players to play next season.

FoxFooty i'm keen to hear your opinions on the Div2 EDFL Grand Final at Windy Hill yesterday

Did not end up going but a friend had it all recorded last night watched it. Pretty poor standard considering it was a grand final. Coburg districts should win the league next season if they keep all their players. Moonee Valley nearly snatched it at the end. What did you think mate

re- EDFL Div 2 GF- Only listened to it on the radio, sounded like a good game though..

You should come down to Windy Hill next week for the EDFL Div1 Grand Final (B Grade)

West Coburg v Airport West..

it will be a top game of local football, i can assure you :thumbsu:

Did not end up going but a friend had it all recorded last night watched it. Pretty poor standard considering it was a grand final. Coburg districts should win the league next season if they keep all their players. Moonee Valley nearly snatched it at the end. What did you think mate[/quote]

you are kidding right? Mate East Keilor, Moonee Valley and Hillside would wipe the floor with the entire second division of the WRFL. Hillside beat sunshine heights by around 6/7 goals in a practice match and Hillside wernt much chop. The remaining three teams Keilor Park, Roxy and Jacana are very ordinary, but a chance to play teams that are near the standard they are will be better for the devolpment of the clubs. The C-Grade comp will be a three horse race again next year, the trouble will be recruitment for all the clubs in the grade, and on who can sell the best option moving forward. Blokes who want to help a club win a flag and move up to B-Grade is who these clubs should be looking at. Coburg districts will be VERY lucky to play finals next year as the WRFL and EDFL have a massive standard gap.

Mooney Valley, East Keilor, Jacana, Keilor Park, Roxy Park, Hillside.

Go watcha game, my buddy plays for ROXY seniors when he played for Panton Hill (Reserves div 3).

West Footscray & Caro would beat Jacana, Keilor Park, Roxy for sure.

Now Coburg going in their division for a season is going to be pretty poor.

It is up to them obviously and they think it is the right thing.

Everyone has their own opinion.

Would not be suprised how many players Coburg lose.

Will be there today to watch a mate play for Mooney Valley.
i know a few roxy guys dont know anyone from panton hill playing there except for a kid in under 18s maybe you could tell us who your mate is cause i reckon you talk dribble fox footy

Not really that surprising, considering it will be their first season as a senior club.
Over time East Sunbury can make up some ground on the two Sunbury sides, due to not playing an hour or so away (Lions) a worse league (Kangaroos).

Guess stupidity is bred in the EDFL then.. The RDFL is a vastly superior league to the EDFL Division 3 and would also have Division 2 covered... But there are old guys that can no longer get a game that might make up the numbers in Div 3 for East Sunbury.

Guess stupidity is bred in the EDFL then.. The RDFL is a vastly superior league to the EDFL Division 3 and would also have Division 2 covered... But there are old guys that can no longer get a game that might make up the numbers in Div 3 for East Sunbury.
Stupidity is bred where? :confused: ....and where r u from? ;):)

No such thing as EDFL DIV3 GhosttoGhost .. give us a few more years yet:rolleyes:

Vastly superior to EDFL Div 2(3rd Grade) although how many divisions are in RDFL?

EDFL is expanding which is good for local footy, i wish all Vic Footy Leagues would be doing the same, but footy just isn't growing locally as much as it should be unfortunately. We should all be on the same page in regards to expanding our local leagues and new teams being introduced, it is for the greater good of the future of Aussie Rules Football in general..imo. Not about who is better than the other, that is a silly/pointless argument.

Some blokes simply retire from "A Grade" footy, as several have this week, and thats Ok, but they still may want to play footy, so now they have the option to go to a lower Div or their junior club where their heart is, play ones and maybe win a premiership? And some blokes playing twos might get a game in the ones elsewhere, as has always been the case ...
We all love Footy in the end don't we?

re-Windy Hill-Sat Div 2 GF: East Keilor def Moonee Valley....
Alot of young blokes in both teams which speaks volumes on the future of EDFL if you ask me mate.:thumbsu:

But I would highly recommend that you & FoxFooty come to Windy Hill on the weekend to watch the
EDFL Div 1 Grand Final (B Grade)
then compare WRFL RDFL EDFL, if you both so desire ;)

West Coburg V Airport West

Essendon Football Ground/Windy Hill Sun 9th Sep 2.30pm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did not end up going but a friend had it all recorded last night watched it. Pretty poor standard considering it was a grand final. Coburg districts should win the league next season if they keep all their players. Moonee Valley nearly snatched it at the end. What did you think mate

you are kidding right? Mate East Keilor, Moonee Valley and Hillside would wipe the floor with the entire second division of the WRFL. Hillside beat sunshine heights by around 6/7 goals in a practice match and Hillside wernt much chop. The remaining three teams Keilor Park, Roxy and Jacana are very ordinary, but a chance to play teams that are near the standard they are will be better for the devolpment of the clubs. The C-Grade comp will be a three horse race again next year, the trouble will be recruitment for all the clubs in the grade, and on who can sell the best option moving forward. Blokes who want to help a club win a flag and move up to B-Grade is who these clubs should be looking at. Coburg districts will be VERY lucky to play finals next year as the WRFL and EDFL have a massive standard gap.[/quote]

All i have to say here is LOL.

That's all.

Wanna make a wager?

I'd be willing to be talking in the thousands. Put your money where your mouth is.

Stupidity is bred where? :confused: ....and where r u from? ;):)

No such thing as EDFL DIV3 GhosttoGhost .. give us a few more years yet:rolleyes:

Vastly superior to EDFL Div 2(3rd Grade) although how many divisions are in RDFL?

EDFL is expanding which is good for local footy, i wish all Vic Footy Leagues would be doing the same, but footy just isn't growing locally as much as it should be unfortunately. We should all be on the same page in regards to expanding our local leagues and new teams being introduced, it is for the greater good of the future of Aussie Rules Football in general..imo. Not about who is better than the other, that is a silly/pointless argument.

Some blokes simply retire from "A Grade" footy, as several have this week, and thats Ok, but they still may want to play footy, so now they have the option to go to a lower Div or their junior club where their heart is, play ones and maybe win a premiership? And some blokes playing twos might get a game in the ones elsewhere, as has always been the case ...
We all love Footy in the end don't we?

re-Windy Hill-Sat Div 2 GF: East Keilor def Moonee Valley....
Alot of young blokes in both teams which speaks volumes on the future of EDFL if you ask me mate.:thumbsu:

But I would highly recommend that you & FoxFooty come to Windy Hill on the weekend to watch the
EDFL Div 1 Grand Final (B Grade)
then compare WRFL RDFL EDFL, if you both so desire ;)

West Coburg V Airport West

Essendon Football Ground/Windy Hill
What he said^^
Also seeing as this is the WRFL thread, we might want to take this discussion elsewhere..

Evo thoughts on yesterday's game?

Look I think it is fair to say that we are bitterly disappointed we could not have a win sunday. We showed in that first quarter and a bit that our best is certainly up there with anyone's best but I think it is a tale for the whole year for us where we just could not do it for long enough. We lacked a bit of experience to close the game up when Parkside were coming at us and prob another tall backman to stop their big forwards... In saying that I and we are extremely proud of our boys but all credit must go to Parkside who never heave up and ended up overrunning us. They were sensational in the last half. They have a good side and deserve to be there this week.
I still think Yarra will win but in a much closer contest than the last few times they have played.
Well done Parkside even tho I hate you for beating us u deserve to get the win lol.
Anyway our twos are in the granny and I wish them all the best and hope they can get the chocies this week and then it is onwards and upwards to the recruiting game that hopefully can find us the elusive gem that all clubs are looking for.
Go Vales

i know the committee of laverton are sad to see coburg districts leave the competition, the club scooped the pool twice this year in the $10 first goal kicker competition :)

Finally at the game of the season, yarra vs parkside, tips, best on ground likely grand final sides (changes) key match ups, players to watch?

re- EDFL Div 2 GF- Only listened to it on the radio, sounded like a good game though..

You should come down to Windy Hill next week for the EDFL Div1 Grand Final (B Grade)

West Coburg v Airport West..

Disgrace fancy saying it will be a great game, king hits fights stick your EDFL up your a$r$e. That game was rockbottom

it will be a top game of local football, i can assure you :thumbsu:

i know the committee of laverton are sad to see coburg districts leave the competition, the club scooped the pool twice this year in the $10 first goal kicker competition :)

Not a bad effort Choofa considering the Laverton seniors didn't score a goal in 2 games this year against Districts.........

Following the resignation of Rock07 at Nth Footscray, the rumour is that Henry out the Window is being sought for the position. Apparently it will mean a new extention to the pavilion, but one that YCCC are happy to accomodate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back