WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think would get you in the finals next year 10 wins min???
Only issue I'd see with Heights' draw would be playing 8 games at home and 10 away.
Im sure CS would be rapt with their draw playing 10 at home!!!
Surely its an oversight by the league.....

typewriter, I believe you are coaching Heights this year unless I have you mixed up with someone else....
I see Heights have 3 home games from the first 9 this cant be good for you guys
and West Footscray playing the first 5 away must be some works going on at West can anyone tell us what they are upgrading.

ROUND 1
Albanvale

vs
North Sunshine

2:15 PM Sat 6/Apr
Albanvale: Robert Bruce Oval
Glenorden

vs
West Footscray

Glenorden: Heathdale Oval
Manor Lakes

vs
Laverton Magpies

Manor Lakes - Howqua Reserve
Parkside

vs
Braybrook

Parkside: Henry Turner Reserve
Sanctuary Lakes

vs
Sunshine Heights

Sanctuary Lakes - Featherbrook Reserve
Wyndhamvale

vs
Caroline Springs

Wyndhamvale: Dennis Family Oval

typewriter, I believe you are coaching Heights this year unless I have you mixed up with someone else....
and West Footscray playing the first 5 away must be some works going on at West can anyone tell us what they are upgrading.
Local council demolishing club rooms after cricket season ,apparently will be state of the art change rooms,kitchen etc,maybe rooster 44 knows more

As i mentioned earlier my only concern with the draw is our uneveness in terms of home v away matches (hopefully this is rectified) and once even, im sure we will be given an extra home game in the first half of the season.

I don't think it will make any difference. Word on the street is they have lost nearly the whole seniors team and haven't had more than 10 on the track. Looks like the league may have its first casualty of having the additional teams.

The funny thing is, sanctuary lakes haven't been blessed with numbers, and are behind the 8-ball to play this year. So in a move to expand, they could possibly be left with fewer teams next year.

Sanctuary lakes and Manor lakes will be up and running down the track, but a big ask for a new club to get seniors going first year.

And hearing sanctuary lakes are offering around trips to Thailand for players to
Come across. I'm sure the clubs juniors parents would be glad on hearing that! Either that, or they have super sponsors.

I might have to come across if it gets me a free footy trip to Thailand!

Thank me later sharks for the influx coming to training tonight, with thier passports.

The funny thing is, sanctuary lakes haven't been blessed with numbers, and are behind the 8-ball to play this year. So in a move to expand, they could possibly be left with fewer teams next year.

Sanctuary lakes and Manor lakes will be up and running down the track, but a big ask for a new club to get seniors going first year.

And hearing sanctuary lakes are offering around trips to Thailand for players to
Come across. I'm sure the clubs juniors parents would be glad on hearing that! Either that, or they have super sponsors.

Thank me later sharks for the influx coming to training tonight, with thier passports.

Very Interesting

I think that you will find this rumour started from the coach telling a potential player he would give him a trip to Thailand if he won the B&F as a JOKE and the player then spruiking to his mates that he was "offered a trip to Thailand to play there".

I agree on the fact that it will be a really tough ask to get a senior team up for next season. I dont see what the rush to get this done was apart form the leagues absolute determination to get 3 divisions up and running.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that you will find this rumour started from the coach telling a potential player he would give him a trip to Thailand if he won the B&F as a JOKE and the player then spruiking to his mates that he was "offered a trip to Thailand to play there".

I agree on the fact that it will be a really tough ask to get a senior team up for next season. I dont see what the rush to get this done was apart form the leagues absolute determination to get 3 divisions up and running.

Makes sense.

But the determination to get 3rd division up and running is years off! If Lavo, Nth Sunshine and to lesser extent braybrook, keep struggling and introduction of new sides makes it harder. Tarniet and truganina to get going soon. Where are the players coming from?

Also making the u/18's a flat 18 is going to turn kids away from footy, and it is always hard to get them back once gone.

WRFL have a golden ticket with the growth corridor but they also need to be patient so they don't ruin clubs before they even start....

Manor Lakes would have had 60 people train at the club so far with an average of 30-40 every night

Not when I have driven past on my way home from work.

They did, but those numbers are more like 20 on the track.

Not when I have driven past on my way home from work.

They did, but those numbers are more like 20 on the track.

Well Monday night they had 32

The Monday before they had about 40

What time did you drive past?

Is that inclusive of 18's as I believe they train together

Yeah it is but i would say most are Seniors sometimes i forget then even have 18's thats where the club will struggle they will have two full sides come round 1 pretty easily i would say there would be almost 10 new faces every time i have been down there and there is about 10 blokes who have signed which wont be coming until after Xmas

Makes sense.

But the determination to get 3rd division up and running is years off! If Lavo, Nth Sunshine and to lesser extent braybrook, keep struggling and introduction of new sides makes it harder. Tarniet and truganina to get going soon. Where are the players coming from?

Also making the u/18's a flat 18 is going to turn kids away from footy, and it is always hard to get them back once gone.

WRFL have a golden ticket with the growth corridor but they also need to be patient so they don't ruin clubs before they even start....

possibly, but what it will also create is an opportunity for the high age kids coming out of the season to go to the ammos for one year... another brilliant idea of the wrfl brains trust

Bit quiet on here boys. !! Lets get things started
Parkside- keeping things very close to there chest but have heard a cpl signings from edfl
Manor lakes- few quality signings with the hopes of a cpl more in coming weeks depth will be an issue
Nth sunshine- have some cash to throw around but just can't attract anyone
Braybrook- have signed some fringe divvy 1 players with a cpl former players returning hoping to land a cpl big fish In coming weeks

2013 ladder prediction

Parkside - flag favourites after nearly beating yarraville
Glen orden - will fight falcons for top 2 finish
Wyndham Vale - unlucky not to have my top 2 tip
West Footscray - will play finals but won't match the top teams
Albanvale - out in week 1
--------
Sunshine heights - unlucky not to make it
Manor lakes - will be happy with first year
Caroline springs - continue to improve
Sanctuary lakes - will win a few but lose more
Braybrook - will be more competitive but ladder won't show it
Nth Sunshine - hopefully will get a win this season
Laverton - will be lucky to have a team

Thoughts?

2013 ladder prediction

Parkside - flag favourites after nearly beating yarraville
Glen orden - will fight falcons for top 2 finish
Wyndham Vale - unlucky not to have my top 2 tip
West Footscray - will play finals but won't match the top teams
Albanvale - out in week 1
--------
Sunshine heights - unlucky not to make it
Manor lakes - will be happy with first year
Caroline springs - continue to improve
Sanctuary lakes - will win a few but lose more
Braybrook - will be more competitive but ladder won't show it
Nth Sunshine - hopefully will get a win this season
Laverton - will be lucky to have a team

Thoughts?

Top 3 seem about right would not surprise me to see Manor Lakes jump in 5th spot have signed some very good players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back