WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manor Lakes had there Intraclub game last night

There were 3 teams and about 10 on the side lines watching i was told there would have been about another 10-15 who did not turn up who are locks for next season

Manor Lakes had there Intraclub game last night

There were 3 teams and about 10 on the side lines watching i was told there would have been about another 10-15 who did not turn up who are locks for next season

By my calculation that is 75/80 players. Big jump from a week ago when you mentioned 60 players had been to training and averaging 30/40 per training night. Did they all come for the free snags or where the 3 teams you mentioned playing AFL 9's, which would appear to be closer to your number of 60

By my calculation that is 75/80 players. Big jump from a week ago when you mentioned 60 players had been to training and averaging 30/40 per training night. Did they all come for the free snags or where the 3 teams you mentioned playing AFL 9's, which would appear to be closer to your number of 60

3 Teams of 16-18

10 People came down who have trained and did not play some injuries some were just late back from work

10-20 people did not turn up and i would say there is about 12 which would be a lock to play next year

Also take into account there was about 15 U18 kids down there so they were all not seniors still great numbers

Haters gonna Hate

3 Teams of 16-18

10 People came down who have trained and did not play some injuries some were just late back from work

10-20 people did not turn up and i would say there is about 12 which would be a lock to play next year

Also take into account there was about 15 U18 kids down there so they were all not seniors still great numbers

Haters gonna Hate

No, not a hater, just understanding/clarifying your previous post as numbers didn't appear to add up.

Now that you have clarified and that 18s were included, all good !!

No, not a hater, just understanding/clarifying your previous post as numbers didn't appear to add up.

Now that you have clarified and that 18s were included, all good !!

I thought they would get about 30-40 last night as year coming to an end and all that

I was shocked at how many came down the 18's will struggle but the Seniors will have more then enough to fill 2 teams

Haters gonna Hate[/quote]
Good numbers but how many are just testing the waters from other clubs?
Probebly the big question would be quantity is great but what was quality like? Was it raining last night? If quality not there how many players will stick around when you guys are getting beat by 150 points every game. I reckon alot of fringe plsyer will drop off...
I think everyone hopes it doesn't drop off except windhemvale but it is a long season when you are getting beat by lots.
And then the few players you guys are paying to play will they still be around at the end of the year or next year these are challenges new clubs face I guess.
Good luck tho

Will not know until probably Round 5 but the club could not have done it any better its a pretty good place to go and have a kick at i think that will keep people at the club in the long run

Haters gonna Hate
Probebly the big question would be quantity is great but what was quality like? Was it raining last night? If quality not there how many players will stick around when you guys are getting beat by 150 points every game. I reckon alot of fringe plsyer will drop off...
I think everyone hopes it doesn't drop off except windhemvale but it is a long season when you are getting beat by lots.
And then the few players you guys are paying to play will they still be around at the end of the year or next year these are challenges new clubs face I guess.
Good luck tho[/quote]

For the past couple of years I've followed a team
That has been mid range in Div 2 & had a look at
The Manor Lakes praccy match, and I know it's just a
Inter club game, but I could see at least 6 players
From each of the 3 teams that would fit into any team.
The on ballers were hard to rate against each other, all
Pretty even, but the big boys up forward & back stood
Out.

2013 ladder prediction

Parkside - flag favourites after nearly beating yarraville
Glen orden - will fight falcons for top 2 finish
Wyndham Vale - unlucky not to have my top 2 tip
West Footscray - will play finals but won't match the top teams
Albanvale - out in week 1
--------
Sunshine heights - unlucky not to make it
Manor lakes - will be happy with first year
Caroline springs - continue to improve
Sanctuary lakes - will win a few but lose more
Braybrook - will be more competitive but ladder won't show it
Nth Sunshine - hopefully will get a win this season
Laverton - will be lucky to have a team

Thoughts?
2013 ladder prediction

Parks missed big bobbie ford (comp b/f)and Benny ashman in g/f plus add a couple from Edfl flag favs
Falcons must be spending money-Suckling,Beasley don't play for nothing plus ex bulldog player Nothing short of G / F on cards
West-lost a couple of best players in Browne,Harris to Albion,Speakman?heard fully or west meadows maybe Rooster 44 can help?
brookers picked up some from Coburg
Carro- with raak in charge some from Melton,plus Davis boys (live local)from Albion signed,and a couple from deer park ready to play finals

Thoughts?

A
All the Birds for me ,
Glen Orden
Wyndhamvale
Parkside
Albanvale ( some handy youth,coming up)
Caroline Springs ( recruited ok I hear,if they include
A handy forward & backman ),could be all they need to
Taste finals.
Sunshine Heights ( big unknowns I guess)
Braybrook
Manor Lakes
Sanctuary Lakes
Laverton.

So
A

All the Birds for me ,
Glen Orden
Wyndhamvale
Parkside
Albanvale ( some handy youth,coming up)
Caroline Springs ( recruited ok I hear,if they include
A handy forward & backman ),could be all they need to
Taste finals.
Sunshine Heights ( big unknowns I guess)
Braybrook
Manor Lakes
Sanctuary Lakes
Laverton.

Sorry West Footscray, to battle that spot out
With Caro,
Also I'm quite clearly a bit hesitant in rating Manor Lakes
Higher, as its hard to judge intra club stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck tho

For the past couple of years I've followed a team
That has been mid range in Div 2 & had a look at
The Manor Lakes praccy match, and I know it's just a
Inter club game, but I could see at least 6 players
From each of the 3 teams that would fit into any team.
The on ballers were hard to rate against each other, all
Pretty even, but the big boys up forward & back stood
Out.[/quote]
Howe long before you get the sack Haz25,don't think you will be wellcome at carro springs if you keep ringing up u18s,look forward to catching up if you no what I mean

ay haz25 watch your back with keithy helping you out mate, remember he wanted you gone at the lakers last year so he could coach 2013 as he didnt get the gig i hear he is now your right hand man at manor lakes also why are you guys offering carro springs kids money to play at manor lakes. a few kids av rang me telling me they were offered cash to come over.anyway gves a ringg anytime u know im always up for a chat

Saw a glen Orden player yesterday and he was tellin me that they just signed adam yze brother and jarred Magna I think his name was.They certainly are spending up big with also Huxtable from ametures and a few others.This guy also said that the commitee have said they want to stay in div 2 even if they win it. I ask why bother buying all these players then? He also said that they still think that wyndemvale are the team to beat as he said he was told that wyndemvale have got ex bulldogs player, ex spotty player big guy from deer park and just before Xmas signed 2 more ex afl bulldogs that played with there other bulldog recruit... How do div 2 clubs attract these players is my question. And also if true who is now peples favourite to win it?
How have Parkside recruited?

Saw a glen Orden player yesterday and he was tellin me that they just signed adam yze brother and jarred Magna I think his name was.They certainly are spending up big with also Huxtable from ametures and a few others.This guy also said that the commitee have said they want to stay in div 2 even if they win it. I ask why bother buying all these players then? He also said that they still think that wyndemvale are the team to beat as he said he was told that wyndemvale have got ex bulldogs player, ex spotty player big guy from deer park and just before Xmas signed 2 more ex afl bulldogs that played with there other bulldog recruit... How do div 2 clubs attract these players is my question. And also if true who is now peples favourite to win it?
How have Parkside recruited?
Magna was a predominately seconds player at Albion. Can't see them forking out big bucks for him. Plays alright but not going to cause massive issues for the top sides.

The funny thing is, sanctuary lakes haven't been blessed with numbers, and are behind the 8-ball to play this year. So in a move to expand, they could possibly be left with fewer teams next year.

Sanctuary lakes and Manor lakes will be up and running down the track, but a big ask for a new club to get seniors going first year.

And hearing sanctuary lakes are offering around trips to Thailand for players to
Come across. I'm sure the clubs juniors parents would be glad on hearing that! Either that, or they have super sponsors.

I might have to come across if it gets me a free footy trip to Thailand!

Thank me later sharks for the influx coming to training tonight, with thier passports.
Rumour has is that Sanctury lakes and Manor Lakes don't have to pay the $27,000 fees in their first year. Seems mighty unfair that they can use this to poach players while other clubs are struggling to stay in the comp. The WRFL must think thier GWS Giants.

Rumour has is that Sanctury lakes and Manor Lakes don't have to pay the $27,000 fees in their first year. Seems mighty unfair that they can use this to poach players while other clubs are struggling to stay in the comp. The WRFL must think thier GWS Giants.
I say it's fine. First season in the competition, I would be happy for them to make finals even with the non season fee payment.
As for rumours etc. Damian Yze, brother of Adem Yze has signed at Glenorden.
Also hearing the ex demon Yze will also follow his brother & sign a 10 game contract, VFL & AFL commitments only allowing him to play 10 games then finals.
Massive coup for the league I'd say.

so u reckn its fine that the wrfl let these 2 new clubs not pay the fees for the first year. in 2011 when caroline springs entered a senior team in they had to pay full fare the league refused to give any discounts now these two clubs use that money to buy players from other clubs even paying well should i say are offering u18 players coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back