WRFL Division 2 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fixtures released - first Round March 31st ( week prior to Easter)

memo to Laverton - you better cancel your practice match as your required to be playing Braybrook

Thanks for looking out for us AdvantageRule, was always TBC pending the draw and sorted out this morning. As such our practice matches are now:

Saturday March 17: Geelong West (AWAY)
Saturday March 24: Belmont Lions (AWAY).

Still deciding whether or not we will try for a third praccie on the 10th...

Cheers!

Fixtures released - first Round March 31st ( week prior to Easter)

It was always my understanding that football clubs don't 'offically' take over clubrooms/grounds until 1st April and cricket GF's can go into the 3rd weekend. Not sure how this is going to work

cricket always gets in the way of good football preperations, criket brings little to clubs and shuld be moved on as quickly and quietly as poss:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

So any news yet on a full fixture for divvy 2 yet? We know round 1 and i see Divvy 1 has posted thier full fixture on the divvy 1 thread..any details would be great

So any news yet on a full fixture for divvy 2 yet? We know round 1 and i see Divvy 1 has posted thier full fixture on the divvy 1 thread..any details would be great

Its available on the WRFL site

http://www.wrfl.org.au/DIVTWO-2012.pdf

Theyre saying Braybrook vs West Footscray may be played on Anzac Day, if it gets up, congratulations to them for organising this

In our continuing path to help develop our players off-field and offer an array of educational experiences and access to professional development and player welfare, we have the following seminars locked in early in the New Year and these are not only made available to players but also partners, families, supporters and sponsors:

MONDAY JANUARY 30 - Altona Green 6-7.30 training and then from 7.30-8.30pm Leadership mtg

LEADERSHIP taken by David Kudlak – Projects Manager for Esso Australia and a member of the Production Unit Leadership Team.
- Compulsory for all potential leadership group and captains but would encourage all to attend!

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15 - Altona Green 6-7.30 training and from 7.30-8.30pm Life Coaching seminar

LIFE COACHING taken by Stuart Harrison (Western Wellness).
Compulsory attendance for all players interested in the two life coaching positions offered (partners/families/friends/sponsors welcome) for the season.

TUESDAY MARCH 20 - Altona Green 6-7.30 training and from 7.30-8.15pm Motivational seminar

'The Secrets to Success in Football taken by Ken Davis (Motivational Speaker).
(partners/families/friends/sponsors welcome)
</SPAN>
Any potential new players are welcome to join our club and be a part of not only will be a very exciting season but to join a very progressive club destined for years of sustained success.

Not ideal for Wyndham Vale having to wait 3 weeks to play there first game

That actually brings up a good discussion...Is Wydhamvale, Parkside and Yarraville having a bye in the first round a positive or negative thing? Extra time to prepare vs less match practice come later games? Peoples Thoughts?

Also Glenorden will definately get to see were they are at early playing coburg first up...definatley the better game out of round one.

In our continuing path to help develop our players off-field and offer an array of educational experiences and access to professional development and player welfare, we have the following seminars locked in early in the New Year and these are not only made available to players but also partners, families, supporters and sponsors:

MONDAY JANUARY 30 - Altona Green 6-7.30 training and then from 7.30-8.30pm Leadership mtg

LEADERSHIP taken by David Kudlak – Projects Manager for Esso Australia and a member of the Production Unit Leadership Team.
- Compulsory for all potential leadership group and captains but would encourage all to attend!

WEDNESDAY FEBRUARY 15 - Altona Green 6-7.30 training and from 7.30-8.30pm Life Coaching seminar

LIFE COACHING taken by Stuart Harrison (Western Wellness).
Compulsory attendance for all players interested in the two life coaching positions offered (partners/families/friends/sponsors welcome) for the season.

TUESDAY MARCH 20 - Altona Green 6-7.30 training and from 7.30-8.15pm Motivational seminar

'The Secrets to Success in Football taken by Ken Davis (Motivational Speaker).
(partners/families/friends/sponsors welcome)
</SPAN>
Any potential new players are welcome to join our club and be a part of not only will be a very exciting season but to join a very progressive club destined for years of sustained success.

sorry to burst your bubble here but doing this sort of stuff really doesn't attract players to your club. here's an idea, go out and get some sponsors who will put in some money to buy players with talent. I know there will be people saying money is ruining the game....blah, blah, bloody blah. The game has changed and it's time to change with it......success off the field is the way to build success on it and vis versa.

Good luck with trying to find a club let alone players to play on the 10th march as its a long weekend...

sorry to burst your bubble here but doing this sort of stuff really doesn't attract players to your club. here's an idea, go out and get some sponsors who will put in some money to buy players with talent. I know there will be people saying money is ruining the game....blah, blah, bloody blah. The game has changed and it's time to change with it......success off the field is the way to build success on it and vis versa.

I don't agree with you there, these extra things that clubs like laverton do will be a great benefit to the players who come to play for us. I have been to these sessions and we are all there to become better footballers and better people.

Money is ruining what is only "Division 2" football, What has happened to playing for "your" club, its turned into "Im not playing football unless i get paid for it!". You need to earn a premiership, not take the easy way out and BUY one like what I have seen. I cant wait to be involved in a football premiership where we have earned it!

The committee are in a process of building success off the field and what we cant pay in money we try and offer in other ways such as free chiro/physio and monetary incentives for the players.

I wish your club all the best in 2012. Ive been part of Laverton for a few years and Ive seen them from their lowest ebb to where they are now. I believe Matthew and the committee (of which I am on) are doing a super job and will continue to do so.

Good luck to all teams in 2012.

I don't agree with you there, these extra things that clubs like laverton do will be a great benefit to the players who come to play for us. I have been to these sessions and we are all there to become better footballers and better people.

Money is ruining what is only "Division 2" football, What has happened to playing for "your" club, its turned into "Im not playing football unless i get paid for it!". You need to earn a premiership, not take the easy way out and BUY one like what I have seen. I cant wait to be involved in a football premiership where we have earned it!

The committee are in a process of building success off the field and what we cant pay in money we try and offer in other ways such as free chiro/physio and monetary incentives for the players.

I wish your club all the best in 2012. Ive been part of Laverton for a few years and Ive seen them from their lowest ebb to where they are now. I believe Matthew and the committee (of which I am on) are doing a super job and will continue to do so.

Good luck to all teams in 2012.

So Colin you are saying if the money man at Deer Park had of chosen Laverton as his pet project in 2011 and offered to bring players like James Condos accross you would have been firmly against it? I think you would have been celebrating the wins as hard as anyone mate. It's easy to be against money when your club doesn't have any.

Why shouldn't players get paid? They train Tuesday/Thursday night, give up all day Saturday where many of them could be working, the put their body's on the line and lots of self employed blokes struggle to work Mondays due to soreness. Players have a right to be compensated for this. They are only take a share of what is on offer, they aren't putting a gun to anyones head forcing cash from them. Coaches get paid so why shouldn't the players who are putting their body's on the line?

Some interesting initiatives being introduced but I tend to agree with the previous poster about it not really helping to attract players. But it could potentially help some of your current players off field. Though I'd guess the blokes who could get the most out of it would probably be the ones who wouldn't be interested in doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your info is correct, West v Braybrook on Anzac day at Braybrook, it's a Wednesday i think,
there was going to be another game between glenorden and wyndhamvale but they backed out,week as pi$$,coach said he could not prepare prop with 4 day break,between you and i, you could prepare for a month for us luke it would not be long enough.

there was going to be another game between glenorden and wyndhamvale but they backed out,week as pi$$,coach said he could not prepare prop with 4 day break,between you and i, you could prepare for a month for us luke it would not be long enough.

Same old GO, how many games did u win last year??? And u come back to Div2 and think you own the comp already... I hope u guys are training hard because if all u r doing is what I have seen at your training so far then you certainly are well prepared.... Would prob be worth looking at what the offer for us Wyndhamvale was in the ANZAC day game before you shot your mouth off at us. No return match no chance to run any raffles or competitions on the day, no chance for our sponsors to get their names out there and a 4 day break to top it off... Prob worth GO checking with our club before confirming anything.
Wake up GO you are not the be all and end all of local footy and last time I checked ur current record is not good at all, show other clubs just a little respect and you may get some back.
As far as we are concerned GO is just another game mate.... No rivalry anymore no need for fuss we will just turn up and play footy and hopefully get a win.
If you want to get stuck into luke or myself feel free to give us a call our numbers are on our website we would only be happy to discuss our clubs strong position on this AGAIN to Glen Ordan.
Merry Xmas to everyone.
2012 year of the falcon.... Not the hawk haha
Evo out

Same old GO, how many games did u win last year??? And u come back to Div2 and think you own the comp already... I hope u guys are training hard because if all u r doing is what I have seen at your training so far then you certainly are well prepared.... Would prob be worth looking at what the offer for us Wyndhamvale was in the ANZAC day game before you shot your mouth off at us. No return match no chance to run any raffles or competitions on the day, no chance for our sponsors to get their names out there and a 4 day break to top it off... Prob worth GO checking with our club before confirming anything.
Wake up GO you are not the be all and end all of local footy and last time I checked ur current record is not good at all, show other clubs just a little respect and you may get some back.
As far as we are concerned GO is just another game mate.... No rivalry anymore no need for fuss we will just turn up and play footy and hopefully get a win.
If you want to get stuck into luke or myself feel free to give us a call our numbers are on our website we would only be happy to discuss our clubs strong position on this AGAIN to Glen Ordan.
Merry Xmas to everyone.
2012 year of the falcon.... Not the hawk haha
Evo out
Evo thought the plan was our ground one year yours the next?
We won no games last year in 1st div and might have known early enough to prepare for this year and after speaking to luke the vales think they are a chance this season,so there will be the old rivalry and I think thats great for local footy,cant wait,
Go the hawks.

so any1 out there willing to drop some names their clubs have picked up or still to early???

I know a few EDFL guys that have signed with a couple of clubs.

Harmes, D. Dorazio, Laverde and Allouche from Tullmarine have signed with Yarraville along with EX Tullmarine players Barry and Mohammed.

Fab Mastropasqua from Avondale Heights has signed with Parkside.

Moore from Airport West signed with Coburg Districts.

Harmes, D. Dorazio, Laverde and Allouche from Tullmarine have signed with Yarraville along with EX Tullmarine players Barry and Mohammed.

D Burnside Powerhouse (Ruckman-Ammos) has signed with Braybrook

Fab not the only player from Heights bringing 4 others with him:thumbsu:
Evo whats with Falcons requesting 2 games home and away against bottoms sides :thumbsdown:

DC still bankrolling all the tulla boys hope there better than the last lot yarra hang on to your cash all you will end up like albanvale broke and no premership
back . . . .

Found this on a country thread

Clubs and communities pay a high price for sporting success
JOHN PATTISON
02 Dec, 2011 04:00 AM

Why is football bad for a community when it was once seen as being central to a community’s well-being?
Let’s think about the basic objective of a football club: it is to provide a social outlet for people who enjoy the game, people who wish to participate and probably, in most cases, to be successful.
Trouble is, success is now measured, particularly by those who play it, on where you finish on the ladder and for many clubs the cyclical nature of on-field failures drowns them eventually.
So how does a football club run?
Effectively, a lot of people spend hours and hours as volunteers to raise sufficient funds to ensure they can buy a team of players each year (no matter how poor the standard of the league).
This approach means a coach who is employed for a significant amount as well is pressured to create performances, so they look at ways to do so.
The game itself demands fitness and as a result the coaches crawl further and further into summer existence with pre-season training. Examples of minor leagues training in November and December are widespread.
Thus football becomes a 10 months of the year sport at every level.
Because of the transient nature of senior footballers and the culture of having to pay players that have become established, these players contribute very little long-term to any of the communities they become attached to via the club and, apart from attending football club functions and other club-based commitments, they very rarely become involved at a real community level with other sports, clubs, schools etc. In other words, they are takers.
Due to the demands on volunteers simply to keep on affording to buy these players, the turnover is extreme and magnified even more by the fact those people (the good community people) are often then lost from other areas of the community as well due to burn-out etc.
Now think about football and the culture of many clubs where it is actually about football and not the magnificent and hard-working netballers who, for no pay, essentially keep football afloat in many areas. We are putting 10 months of the year into community resources and people power into a team of senior footballers.
No one can begrudge the footballers as this is the system it has created.
But look at the enormous number of cricket and tennis players who no longer play the game between 18 and 35 years of age and ask why?
Simple maths would say no wife or girlfriend who has had their partner away from home for 10 months playing football will want them to then say “right, it is cricket season now and away we go”.
To the players not impacted like this, why would you want to involve yourself in a summer club that also has some commitments when you are totally burnt-out with the last 10 months, compounded by how many years you have played?
The sting in the tail is that eventually football will shoot itself in the foot with this approach, as many community volunteers are just that — they volunteer for football, cricket, school, fire brigades etc.
If we continue to jeopardise those other sports and commitments by placing an even bigger demand on the volunteers who run football, we eventually won’t have any left.
So the golden game that is propped up by Auskick figures and magnificent gate and TV ratings will fail to exist in communities that have so passionately allowed it to thrive all this time.
Then we have destroyed community sport for good, as smaller centres race to the larger centres for any fix of sport still available.
And later, as those young men arrive at 35-plus and have children wanting to play cricket and footy locally, it won’t exist because football has killed the golden goose.
Yet we have an opportunity to change this.
Football leagues (apart from the national and state leagues) that are often run by very well-meaning volunteers could restrict clubs from pre-season training until the end of January (people can keep fit themselves). The thousands of people who chat each week about how hard it is to find volunteers, how little the AFL really contributes to small clubs and nervously consider the divide they are creating in the general community by further alienating those who enjoy summer sport and contribute to the whole community wellbeing, could make a stand and say we are no longer going to pay players and they would be more likely to stay loyal to their respective clubs.
Cricket and tennis could then also put a hand out and pull down the wall by beginning in November to give players, partners and families a break from the grind of continuous weekend sport.
Although it is great to be involved, a break is always appreciated.
The alternative is an end to community sport and the growth of middle-management dreaming up ways to save both games that are not sustainable.

- John Pattison is a Warrnambool cricket and Auskick coach, teacher and parent

So out of these names that have been confirmed who would be the best pick up out of the bunch?

Or better question may be who performed the best last season?

I'm sure Luke will find this post entertaining. Get fair dinkum bud. Luke us probably more worried about playing a normal season on normal footy days and enjoy the public holiday off rather than set himself and his team for the hugely anticipated clash with a club that hasn't cone working 10 goals of winning a game for 12-18 months. Good on Luke for sticking to his guns. I hope glen orden improve as a club for the sake of the faithful and young kids down there but I'd hardly be shooting my mouth off if I was at a club that has put up the performances on and off the field yours has over the last few years. But in saying that good luck to both teams. Good for local footy to have both competing fir a flag.

I'm sure Luke will find this post entertaining. Get fair dinkum bud. Luke us probably more worried about playing a normal season on normal footy days and enjoy the public holiday off rather than set himself and his team for the hugely anticipated clash with a club that hasn't cone working 10 goals of winning a game for 12-18 months. Good on Luke for sticking to his guns. I hope glen orden improve as a club for the sake of the faithful and young kids down there but I'd hardly be shooting my mouth off if I was at a club that has put up the performances on and off the field yours has over the last few years. But in saying that good luck to both teams. Good for local footy to have both competing fir a flag.

^come within 10 goals- not cone working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back