WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely its time for a broom to be let loose at lavo and clean the joint out.
Id say narrow minded committee and players with shit attitudes, attitudes that are entertained by a weak or outdated committee, are the reasons the club can't go forward.
I know blokes over the years who have tried heading there. Try to change things but are told by coach or players, 'sorry this is just how we do it's. And committee too scared for change in case they lose identity.
Sorry guys but the identity isn't a good one.
Change your name and change the logo, do something different rather than roll out the same old rubbish each year.
Most of all, change your minds.

Surely its time for a broom to be let loose at lavo and clean the joint out.
Id say narrow minded committee and players with shit attitudes, attitudes that are entertained by a weak or outdated committee, are the reasons the club can't go forward.
I know blokes over the years who have tried heading there. Try to change things but are told by coach or players, 'sorry this is just how we do it's. And committee too scared for change in case they lose identity.
Sorry guys but the identity isn't a good one.
Change your name and change the logo, do something different rather than roll out the same old rubbish each year.
Most of all, change your minds.
Ripper post but the biggest problem is if you don't see the problem from within then you don't think you need to change and accordingly won't make any changes and pity help if you want to try to change 'them'...

John thrush doing a fantastic job getting the boys ready for heights round 1. Good to see the john siriani chose to stay at cobra land aswell!

There Wouldn't be anyone left lol
That would be a good thing. They will never get any half decent players at the club till they stop the crap on the field they are to interested in playing another sport (boxing) than playing football. This is the old mentality of WRFL teams there about the only team that plays that way now in the league and it is showing in the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be a good thing. They will never get any half decent players at the club till they stop the crap on the field they are to interested in playing another sport (boxing) than playing football.

During my time at laverton there weren't any all in brawls... Wasn't much fighting at all honestly Probably less than a lot of other clubs

The lack of professionalism and respect from all involved is what hurts the club and tarnishes it's already damaged image

During my time at laverton there weren't any all in brawls... Wasn't much fighting at all honestly Probably less than a lot of other clubs

The lack of professionalism and respect from all involved is what hurts the club and tarnishes it's already damaged image
Agreed... Can't comment on 2013 but 2010-2012 they were very well behaved generally on-field and vastly improved on previous seasons. Always going to be an individual here and there but on the whole was far from the biggest issue...

Have played against them many times each time have had issues on field with players thinking there in a boxing ring. Seen that the police was even called to there home ground last year.

Have played against them many times each time have had issues on field with players thinking there in a boxing ring. Seen that the police was even called to there home ground last year.

In lavo's defence every club has players that love a punch up or look to cause a bit of trouble

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a shame about Lavo I don't think anyone likes to see a club go under.
What is the go at manor lakes? A friend of mine has just signed to play there this year and he is not happy already. He has said that the club have asked players to take a pay cut already as they are losing juniors and they were relying on junior membership to cover player payment costs. Apparently it looks like they will only field at best half the junior teams they had last year. I hope it is not true as my nephew is an u/14 player at the storm and altho I'm hardly ever there my brother in law has said there were only a handful of players signed up when I quizzed him tonight so it may be true.
Not good news for a new club one year in.
How do players go getting released from a club if they don't get paid? Is it common? You hear on about all the big money in local footy but do players actually get that and if they don't can they just go somewhere else?

It is a shame about Lavo I don't think anyone likes to see a club go under.
What is the go at manor lakes? A friend of mine has just signed to play there this year and he is not happy already. He has said that the club have asked players to take a pay cut already as they are losing juniors and they were relying on junior membership to cover player payment costs. Apparently it looks like they will only field at best half the junior teams they had last year. I hope it is not true as my nephew is an u/14 player at the storm and altho I'm hardly ever there my brother in law has said there were only a handful of players signed up when I quizzed him tonight so it may be true.
Not good news for a new club one year in.
How do players go getting released from a club if they don't get paid? Is it common? You hear on about all the big money in local footy but do players actually get that and if they don't can they just go somewhere else?

Being somewhat involved with the club I can't help but laugh at these comments, picking up my son week in week out and speaking to the president I can assure you there is no problems with the junior numbers down at the club and players are not taking pay cuts, so where ever you got your story from best you put a Disney cover on it and sell it at all leading book stores.
You will make a killing with your fictional novels.
The real story is why the falcons are struggling to get 2 teams up for this season?
Approaching other fathers of sons who play down the club to come across to the dark side.
Maybe the rumors are true that no body likes the coach and have ventured off to other clubs.

Being somewhat involved with the club I can't help but laugh at these comments, picking up my son week in week out and speaking to the president I can assure you there is no problems with the junior numbers down at the club and players are not taking pay cuts, so where ever you got your story from best you put a Disney cover on it and sell it at all leading book stores.
You will make a killing with your fictional novels.
The real story is why the falcons are struggling to get 2 teams up for this season?
Approaching other fathers of sons who play down the club to come across to the dark side.
Maybe the rumors are true that no body likes the coach and have ventured off to other clubs.

Like I said I hope it's not true but my mate was a little annoyed but the junior rumour must be true tho as my brother in law sent me the attached photo from the manor lakes Facebook page from yesterday.
I'm big associated with either manor lakes or wyndhamvale but have friends at both. I don't know about your comment of them not getting two teams up as i was at the wyndhamvale intra club last week as well as the storm coach and they had two full teams with 4 on the bench and they had lower end senior players play in the early intra club with u/18s. I could not tell you about there coach but things looked last week.
Obviously there is still some anger between the two clubs.
I think scoobiesnscks was there maybe he can shed some light on this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 10
Like I said I hope it's not true but my mate was a little annoyed but the junior rumour must be true tho as my brother in law sent me the attached photo from the manor lakes Facebook page from yesterday.
I'm big associated with either manor lakes or wyndhamvale but have friends at both. I don't know about your comment of them not getting two teams up as i was at the wyndhamvale intra club last week as well as the storm coach and they had two full teams with 4 on the bench and they had lower end senior players play in the early intra club with u/18s. I could not tell you about there coach but things looked last week.
Obviously there is still some anger between the two clubs.
I think scoobiesnscks was there maybe he can shed some light on this

I'm very certain all clubs are always recruiting around this time, you can't have too many juniors so they are just trying to get numbers like every other club, your mate needs to worry about the truth not the nonsense he's spreading, people trying to beat down the new club because they were successful last season and because they play some of there senior players. From all reports they have recruited very well.
With GO struggling to keep anyone from last seasons premiership team, at least this years season will be more enjoyable to watch, instead of GO flogging everyone

What happened to joe joe? Havent seen anything for awhile now. Be interesting to see what he has to say about this season.

Not a bad ladder "thesnakes" but have some some faith in the cobras mate. we defiantly want to play finals in div2, that's what we are aiming at and there is no reason why it cant happen. We have a good core group of players who will be a lot fitter then other years thanks to a massive pre season, as you know a new coach always brings a bit of a buzz around the place and players push them self's that lil bit more. everyone has ridden us off but I think the boys will shock a few sides this year. Exciting times ahead :)

my ladder: very even comp I think % and stuff all points will determine who plays finals in div2 and who goes to div3 (all high lighted teams)
parkside
caroline springs
wyndhamvale
manor lakes
heights
albanvale
west footscray
nth footscray

div3
braybrook
glenorden

sanctuary lakes
nth sunshine
tarneit
laverton

My thoughts
Parkside: Spot on, the team to beat experienced and very proud club recruits will only make them better fav for the flag in my opinion 1-3
Caroline Springs: Not for me don't care who they have picked up can't see them finishing top 2 with their depth finals would be a good effort 5-7
Wyndhamvale: Yeah they will be top 4 as usual plenty of kids coming through small flag chance 3-4
Manor Lakes: Lots of young talent like wyndhamvale will be up there come finals big flag chance 1-4
Heights: Haven't heard alot from this mob but will be middle pushing for finals their main aim would be to be building towards next year 5-7
Albanvale: Again proud club hasn't had the success of late think they will be aiming to avoid the drop 6-8
West Footscray: Think they will push finals this year not alot of signings will improve again 5-7
Nth Footscray: Think they will play finals with some luck, I am a bit bias but they will be pretty experienced with some hoppers boys jumping on :) 4-6
Braybrook: Have apparently had some signings think they might stay up but will be aiming at avoiding the drop 7-9
Glenorden: Hard to say have lost a heap but can't see them going to div 3 just yet they will be mid table 6-8
Sanctuary Lakes: Think they will go down to div 3 might be good for some of their kids to try and build a team and come up and be competitive 8-10
Nth Sunshine: They will be loving the relief of div 3 to try and rebuild their club 10-12
Tarneit: New club still time for them to attract some young talent build a team over the next couple of years they will battle with lavo for the spoon 11-12
Laverton: Trying to instill a new culture like every year they will struggle with the lack of buy in being a constant problem 11-12

Flag: Parkside
Runner up: Manor Lakes
Goal Kicking: Butigieg-Clark

My thoughts
Parkside: Spot on, the team to beat experienced and very proud club recruits will only make them better fav for the flag in my opinion 1-3
Caroline Springs: Not for me don't care who they have picked up can't see them finishing top 2 with their depth finals would be a good effort 5-7
Wyndhamvale: Yeah they will be top 4 as usual plenty of kids coming through small flag chance 3-4
Manor Lakes: Lots of young talent like wyndhamvale will be up there come finals big flag chance 1-4
Heights: Haven't heard alot from this mob but will be middle pushing for finals their main aim would be to be building towards next year 5-7
Albanvale: Again proud club hasn't had the success of late think they will be aiming to avoid the drop 6-8
West Footscray: Think they will push finals this year not alot of signings will improve again 5-7
Nth Footscray: Think they will play finals with some luck, I am a bit bias but they will be pretty experienced with some hoppers boys jumping on :) 4-6
Braybrook: Have apparently had some signings think they might stay up but will be aiming at avoiding the drop 7-9
Glenorden: Hard to say have lost a heap but can't see them going to div 3 just yet they will be mid table 6-8
Sanctuary Lakes: Think they will go down to div 3 might be good for some of their kids to try and build a team and come up and be competitive 8-10
Nth Sunshine: They will be loving the relief of div 3 to try and rebuild their club 10-12
Tarneit: New club still time for them to attract some young talent build a team over the next couple of years they will battle with lavo for the spoon 11-12
Laverton: Trying to instill a new culture like every year they will struggle with the lack of buy in being a constant problem 11-12

Flag: Parkside
Runner up: Manor Lakes
Goal Kicking: Butigieg-Clark

Is butigieg Clark a permanent forward or a on baller?

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back