WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

First of all in response to those that 'hate' me.... 0% of those people mean anything to me and I lose NO sleep.

In relation to regrets, let it be known first and foremost that I would not if I had my time again gone down any different path than I did. Everything I did was to build the club to grow and develop, improve and play/coach a flag. To this day, I have no dramas with standing by that IF everyone (new recruits and existing Laverton players) had done what was required and continued to listen and learn and had stuck together that a top 2 finish was achievable in 2012. Sadly many want to win and play finals and win a flag but minimal Laverton players want to put in the effort required to get there. So they are happy with 5th and being 'ok'. That is not the way I coach or have ever played and is definitely not what I apply to my everyday life.
That is where the rebellion sat and ultimately all of those players that left and have all come back this season whilst talented as players, lack what it takes to win a flag/top 2/top 3. They can't be told, can't listen to anyone but the supporters around the club that put them up on pedestals as being 'guns'... Most of all they have no respect, not just for me but for anyone. I could go on for hours, but who cares.

As for coaching Laverton, I have no regrets at all, in fact it was the BEST life experience I have had and I am extremely thankful for it. Sorted out what is actually important in life and what is not. Realised that I have spent time away from friends, family and people that in fact deserve my time and effort, not many that simply do not. In saying that I coached some amazing people and the many that left at seasons end (and there were many) are still mates and will be lifelong - they are the ones that matter. As for Grassbag - I think I know who you are and I appreciate your support. Perhaps ease up on them a bit as they are doing it tough...

Choofa as for you, just remember that you were part of the group that lead the charge to replace Dallas at the end of 2009 and were part of the panel of 3 that appointed me to replace him. You were then one of the key drivers (2 and a half years later) to get rid of me and then I am sure are all chummy again with Dallas now that he is the coach. You are one of many living in the past with how footy should be played, how a club should be coached and a victim of simply picking the best players each week (all good and well if you want to be an 'ok' side, but not how you go about winning a flag/top 2/top 3).

I am sure many of you will pick the bits out of this that you have your own agenda with and that is fine and well, but I went to Laverton on the club's briefing of trying to build the club for the future, change the culture and take them further than the coach at the time could. (Note these were the words given to me by the panel of 3 including Choofa - so don't say I am making this up).

At the end of the day, life has moved on and some of us for the better and some of us for the worse... That's life :)

firstly, no I wasn't part of any group leading a charge to replace dallas , I was part of a 3 member panel asked to judge who the best coaching applicant was, which you were, dallas is a friend of mine, I went to his house and explained to him, before the appointment was made , that in hindsight I wish I had not sat on the panel as it was a hard decision to make against a friend.

Secondly, im the one living in the past?, your response to my question at geelong west regards a game plan was a simple, play on at all costs as we won a premiership at yea with it, and another reply when suggesting to you about starting with a 7 man backline with a particular loose player was , oh im from old school, I always run with a 6 /6 formation, so who does that tell you is living in the past

thirdly yes I was one of the ones who wanted you out, along with 90% of the people at the club that's why I rang you to have a coffee to suggest you resign, but no, you were too busy, you wanted to stay on to make sure you got all your dollars

so don't get on here trying to turn dallas against me and dirtying my name you narcissistic piece of ...., then again you wouldn't realise you are one!

Based on my observations. I believe the Laverton Magpies should have a complete revamp from logo, commitee, coaches, jerseys, everything. Start from the ground & to build what once was a brilliant club.

No juniors to filter the idiots out is the main problem with Lavo i think...

That's part of it.... The other part is leadership not being strong enough... But seems like they have finally cottoned on to that and are trying to remedy this

Another Problem is the idiots are the clubs best players

I never said they were close to that, however a mass clean up would be needed & get a coach similar to that from Albanvale who went to Yarraville & bought half a list with him etc.

Albanvale almost went broke... As with every club once the money dries up players leave just ask nth sunshine

Being 2 weeks out from the start of what should be a cracking finals series, surely the WRFL could release dates and venues for finals. This league is growing in stature in terms if standard but is still in the dark ages with promotion and marketing. The website is appalling and information passed on through social media is equally poor.

Interesting few weeks coming up none the less. Parkside surely stamp themselves as favourites now. Would love to hear about there demolition of the vales. Anyone offer a review of the game?

Anyone care to have a crack

Premier- Parkside. Too well drilled.

Runner up- Orden. Discipline and selfishness will cost them.

League BNF- Really have no idea what goes on through the umpires minds but at a pinch I'll say.... Matty Pearce.

Best in Finals- Muratore or Bunworth from Vales. If vales click he will run riot on big decks.

Interesting few weeks coming up none the less. Parkside surely stamp themselves as favourites now. Would love to hear about there demolition of the vales. Anyone offer a review of the game?

Anyone care to have a crack

Premier- Parkside. Too well drilled.

Runner up- Orden. Discipline and selfishness will cost them.

League BNF- Really have no idea what goes on through the umpires minds but at a pinch I'll say.... Matty Pearce.

Best in Finals- Muratore or Bunworth from Vales. If vales click he will run riot on big decks.

Won't say premiers etc.

League BnF 2 horse race: Jesse Fortune or Dashmir Barolli.

Best in finals: " The above two.

You truly have no idea bannet. Come league b&f you'll see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiers. Parkside. Nothing to do with being well drilled. Tougher than anyone over the ball, better skilled than most.
Runner up. GO just coz their form is not as good as Parkside at the moment.
League BnF. Bektash from GO.
Best in finals. Muratore.

Premiers. Parkside. Nothing to do with being well drilled. Tougher than anyone over the ball, better skilled than most.
Runner up. GO just coz their form is not as good as Parkside at the moment.
League BnF. Bektash from GO.
Best in finals. Muratore.
Can't comment on the Premiers however Parkside v GO final
League b&f to a shut down full back no chance
best in finals will be from either parkside or go though

What can I say? I want a fullback who's had stuff all kicked on him to win the BnF.
Thats probably coming from a defender yourself I understand what you mean, but the league b&f will go to someone who plays in the midfield surely. Can't see anyone from any other club other than the 2 of: GO or Parkside though..
I am coming up with a list for team of the year 2013 if youd care to help or give your input?

Thats probably coming from a defender yourself I understand what you mean, but the league b&f will go to someone who plays in the midfield surely. Can't see anyone from any other club other than the 2 of: GO or Parkside though..
I am coming up with a list for team of the year 2013 if youd care to help or give your input?

Yeah I know what your saying but would still like to see a defender take one out.
Names. 1 back, mid and Forward.
Parkside. Muratore, Vincent, Mastrapasqua or Big Mo
GO. Bektash, Fortune, Yze
WV. Vander Munnik, Ellis, Bunworth/O'Shea (team balance? Choose one)
ML. Hunter (not the coach), Pavez, Heath
That's a start but haven't seen a lot of the others. More tomorrow when I've had some sleep.

Said it from day 1 park side will win the flag they have got it wrong a few years over now and they have had a mini pre season at midseason which is showing their dominance on the scoreboard against vale last week and Orden. Once it led to Werribee ground the margin will extend beyond as they are a hard running and very strong team. No team has enough runners to go with park side at the moment and should be at least 8 goals better then Orden come finals time

Said it from day 1 park side will win the flag they have got it wrong a few years over now and they have had a mini pre season at midseason which is showing their dominance on the scoreboard against vale last week and Orden. Once it led to Werribee ground the margin will extend beyond as they are a hard running and very strong team. No team has enough runners to go with park side at the moment and should be at least 8 goals better then Orden come finals time
I always said that to win the flag Parkside couldn't afford to carry Kruger and Kharbital in the same side... Good enough to finish 2-4th with them and to help destroy the lesser sides but come the big day needed more speed, run and carry... With Kruger gone (to the opposition) and a fewer older types, my money is on Parkside... Anything can happen though on the big day though. Should be a good GF.
Wyndhamvale whom I felt over the past couple of seasons were emerging and ever improving with culture, attitudes, structure, discipline and belief I feel just don't have the goal kicking power to get away from the top 2 and Manor Lakes I have not seen at all so can't comment on.

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back