WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blokes a tool one of the ones who thinks he is a superstar but really he's a hack and i can't believe how overrated minty is when i read the team of the year i nearly choked he WAS NOT districts best player might of been top 5 but not the best i think everyone will see how average he is in the edfl he'll play well against the crap teams and dissapear when he plays the quality teams . You couldn't pay ME to have them in my team !:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

So who exactly is YOUR Club these days K- Nacks ? Heard you have trained at a couple different Clubs already this pre-season

So who exactly is YOUR Club these days K- Nacks ? Heard you have trained at a couple different Clubs already this pre-season

I've trained 1 night at a club then been were i was last year the rest of the time:thumbsu:. Have had phone calls from a few but havent trained with ne. Don't believe everything u here;)
Who is your club Think Big??

Have to disagree with you K-NACKS. Minty is a pain in the arse but nevertheless a quality player. Has unbelievable goal sense and even if kept quiet, always a real danger.

I agree that Cavanagh from Albanvale is a tosser, but his mate Hendo isn't far behind. Quality footballer, but his voice hasn't broken as yet so can be quite grating on the ear.

Afro guy from North Footscray is Dale Williams. Has been injury prone the last couple of years, but prior to that won the comp. medal two years in a row. Real star if he can stay fit.

Minty is not a bad bloke off the field but don't agree with his on field antics . I believe his temper will bring him unstuck when he plays the better sides in the edfl . When things don't go his way he does silly stuff which costs the team .

Happy club playing finals!!!! Sound just like Albanvale.
North Should have been in div 1 as we speak.... back in 2001, they where the best team all year bar the Hammerheads.
Got to give them credit where it is due... at least they have played in a few GF's in Div 2... have Albanvale??????????

I didn't read the comment that way. Red devil just said that he hated 2 players....didnt really comment on the whole Albanvale club.

Know players from both clubs, North players dont really like Albanvale as a club or there players, never go into the rooms after the game to have a drink or a chat. I think its a case of there a club they would like to be( always there abouts in the finals time).

Where the Albanvale players know that when thay play North it seems to them that they will never lose. John Ellis bred success to the club and showed faith in his players thats why there cocky, they never expect to lose.

PAUL3232;6401096 John Ellis bred success to the club and showed faith in his players thats why there cocky said:
That's all good for the Home and Away stuff but what about finals.... for a team that expects to win the club song hasn't really been heard that many times at the business and of the year.

That's all good for the Home and Away stuff but what about finals.... for a team that expects to win the club song hasn't really been heard that many times at the business and of the year.

Fair point, but he did lead them to something like 7-9 premlins in a row and i think 1-2 grannys so success has been there, just havent been able to follow through and win the big one.

Know players from both clubs, North players dont really like Albanvale as a club or there players, never go into the rooms after the game to have a drink or a chat. I think its a case of there a club they would like to be( always there abouts in the finals time).

Where the Albanvale players know that when thay play North it seems to them that they will never lose. John Ellis bred success to the club and showed faith in his players thats why there cocky, they never expect to lose.

Thats is a load of crap.... North players are told after every away game to go in to the oppositons rooms for at least one pot. I have been around North for a long time and have never witnessed our side go straight home after an away game. Having said that, I can't recall Albanvale not coming into our rooms eaither... yeah there is a so called rivalry, but before and after the game, all the boys seem to get on pretty well.

The only side that failed to come into our rooms this year was Deer park.... Only 3 players came in for a drink...... not only that, they brought there own piss to the game. Thats pretty arrogant if you ask me.

Thats is a load of crap.... North players are told after every away game to go in to the oppositons rooms for at least one pot. I have been around North for a long time and have never witnessed our side go straight home after an away game. Having said that, I can't recall Albanvale not coming into our rooms eaither... yeah there is a so called rivalry, but before and after the game, all the boys seem to get on pretty well.

The only side that failed to come into our rooms this year was Deer park.... Only 3 players came in for a drink...... not only that, they brought there own piss to the game. Thats pretty arrogant if you ask me.

Dekkaroo... don't know how it happened but it looks like the quote u were replying to was written by me...Just want to clear up that they were not my comments.

Agree with the comment on Deer Park. They are low dogs when it comes to sharing a drink. In 05 they took off straight after the game at Heights ground. In 06 Heights played them away first and their commitee apologised for it so Heights did the right thing and went in....then later in the year when they played at heights they did it again.. only 1 bloke came in for a drink...

Have heard a whisper that not only will Heights refuse to drink at Deer Park next year the club is going to supply food for all supporters and players so that they don't use the canteen!!!!

Well clubs in Div 2 survive on canteen and bar takings from home games....
to bring your own drinks in an esky is arrogant and Deer park have only themselves to blame should clubs choose not to drink in their rooms after a match.

Lets face it, thats what suburban footy is about.... there is 100 mins where two teams and their supporters go head to head and once that time is up, you discuss the day over a few beers back in the rooms.... what happen in between that period of time stays on the ground.

Well clubs in Div 2 survive on canteen and bar takings from home games....
to bring your own drinks in an esky is arrogant and Deer park have only themselves to blame should clubs choose not to drink in their rooms after a match.

Lets face it, thats what suburban footy is about.... there is 100 mins where two teams and their supporters go head to head and once that time is up, you discuss the day over a few beers back in the rooms.... what happen in between that period of time stays on the ground.

Agree 100%. Thats why the Heights guys have a drink at every away game.... except Deer Park from now on!!

So goesbang, does that mean no Deer Park player gets to win the BOG glass at heights??? No one there to collect it.. hahahaha.
Thats a great gesture from you guys... it has been going on for a while too which is good.

So goesbang, does that mean no Deer Park player gets to win the BOG glass at heights??? No one there to collect it.. hahahaha.
Thats a great gesture from you guys... it has been going on for a while too which is good.

The glass is good value.. only small but Im sure it's appreciated.

The glass against Deer Park will go to whoever whacks Weapons the hardest!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone give information about Glenordens ground?
Change room conditions and size.
Social rooms and can footy be viewed from the rooms.
Where does oposition supporters usually stand at thier ground.
Have to play them in the middle of the Div1 season and hopefully there is some rain by then, is there any covered areas at the ground or carparking spots to sit in the car and watch the game.
Any info would be great.

The glass is good value.. only small but Im sure it's appreciated.

The glass against Deer Park will go to whoever whacks Weapons the hardest!!!

Two came in for a drink Timmsy who plays hard but as Dekka says what happens on the ground, and one supporter. Low, weak as piss, dogs. Heights and Nth have a rivalry also but after the game whichever ground most have a drink. When Charlie played his 1600th game Heights hung around for well over the hour.

As for the glass, the person who cleans weapons up even if he is runner, will get a years drinks on the house. lol not

Does anybody know when the fixture will be released?

It was supposed to be released weeks ago.
I think the league are having dicussions about the few teams that may not be around next season.... teams like Centrals, Brunswick and perhaps Western Magpies. Once this is sorted, then it will be realeased pretty quickly.

It was supposed to be released weeks ago.
I think the league are having dicussions about the few teams that may not be around next season.... teams like Centrals, Brunswick and perhaps Western Magpies. Once this is sorted, then it will be realeased pretty quickly.

Hopefully Centrals and Brunswick won't be around. Makes a mockery of the division.

hay boys thinking of getting a poker tournament that runs every wednesday nite on a poker site, cost ya say 15 bucks and only people from the wrfl could enter, would have a pass word on it. could be a bit of fun need some feed back but so i can get an idear on numbers to see if its worth it? thanks boys marry xmas to all as well

Does anybody know when the fixture will be released?

Provisional Division 2 2007 Draw was released to Clubs last night with the following comment;

Please find attached a provisional fixture for the 2007 Division 2 Senior and Reserves Competition
The fixture is subject to all clubs meeting the requirements specified within the WRFL Rules and Regulations
The league anticipates that the final draw will be finalised and distributed by the end of January 2007[/I]

Hell, it's Christmas and still no guarenteed fixture - surely if any Clubs are still not meeting specified requirements as set out by the WRFL then turf them

Provisional Division 2 2007 Draw was released to Clubs last night with the following comment;

Please find attached a provisional fixture for the 2007 Division 2 Senior and Reserves Competition
The fixture is subject to all clubs meeting the requirements specified within the WRFL Rules and Regulations
The league anticipates that the final draw will be finalised and distributed by the end of January 2007[/i]

Hell, it's Christmas and still no guarenteed fixture - surely if any Clubs are still not meeting specified requirements as set out by the WRFL then turf them

Copy of fixture here:
http://www.coburgdistricts.com.au/pdfs/Provisional Div2 Fixture.pdf

Had a good look at the draw. Seems like the same teams get the best of the draw again.. going on results from last year (before finals) W'vale clearly have the best draw followed by West Footscray. Braybrook, Deer Park and Gladstone Park seem to have the worst of it.

Weapons where are you??? 19th of May..... The Pensioners will need to start doing their stretches now to be ready!!!!!

Had a good look at the draw. Seems like the same teams get the best of the draw again.. going on results from last year (before finals) W'vale clearly have the best draw followed by West Footscray. Braybrook, Deer Park and Gladstone Park seem to have the worst of it.

Weapons where are you??? 19th of May..... The Pensioners will need to start doing their stretches now to be ready!!!!!

The last two years W'Vale have had a favourable draw, where they haven't had to play many of the top teams twice. To be fair last year they did perform better against the better teams, but they do seemed blessed.

The last two years W'Vale have had a favourable draw, where they haven't had to play many of the top teams twice. To be fair last year they did perform better against the better teams, but they do seemed blessed.

West Footscray must be the luckiest team around.... finish the season with North Sunshine, Brunswick and then Magpies. Very similar to what they had this year.

West Footscray must be the luckiest team around.... finish the season with North Sunshine, Brunswick and then Magpies. Very similar to what they had this year.

Depends on how you look at it. Playing crap teams is probably not the best preparation for a tough finals series. I'd rather play more quality teams. If your aim is to win the grand final then you need to beat the best teams all year. Having an easy draw might give you a few extra wins and help you make the finals but finals footy usually sorts it all out pretty quickly (look at Wyndemvale this year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back