WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bumped into a mate during the Xmas madness and told me that Braybrook look like they might be losing Mark Sophoulis to Wang. Rovers and that the Caruso boys (Robbie and Marc) are heading back to their roots and playing at East Keilor and not heading down to Braybrook anymore.
I asked him if he was shattered about this but he said nope because they had 3 or 4 guys come down from Sunshine Kangaroos - apparently a good sized CHF and a CHB - anyone from the Kangaroo's know who they are? No names were mentioned so a bit of a mixed result for the Brookers there. Would have thought they would try pretty hard to keep Sophoulis. Classy player who reads the play well and just a good team player.

sophoulis not going anywhere kangaman, caruso boys were never coming down - pure speculation....

we'll be ok next season, nothing terrific (which goes against the grain of the spruikers on this site) but we'll be competitive

Any news on who the sunshine guys were down at Braybrook. Also heard the rumour grainger definate to Albanvale..... not so .... I think it is an Albanvale wish list.. but you never know this time of the year

Any news on who the sunshine guys were down at Braybrook. Also heard the rumour grainger definate to Albanvale..... not so .... I think it is an Albanvale wish list.. but you never know this time of the year

I have been told that he has been up there a couple of times before Xmas....Was told to me from a reliable source.
I heard he played his junior footy there is that correct

I have been told that he has been up there a couple of times before Xmas....Was told to me from a reliable source.
I heard he played his junior footy there is that correct

Damian played juniors there for a couple of years - know the family pretty well I asked and and they knew nothing about it - however like I said January is the start of silly season...

Damian played juniors there for a couple of years - know the family pretty well I asked and and they knew nothing about it - however like I said January is the start of silly season...

speaking of silly season..............

tyson lane back in melbourne living in deer park and herd that he could be another handy 30 year old to add to deer parks list............handy pickup if true

Weapons.... all jokes aside now. Would you be able to put together a list of all the Deer Park Senior players that are over 30... add the possible recruits as well.

i could do that for u if u seriously want me too but who cares i dont as long as we are winning every thing is bags of wheat.............

and i definately know what you mean that we need young kids in the side but we just dont have them(quality ones any way) i coached the u/14s last year and we had 32 players wich isnt a good number but managed any way,until this group of kids comes through the ranks we wont have any u/18's and im being fair dinkum with u there.............yes some people at the club have said that we will have 18's this year which is good but from previouse years its highly unlikly........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i could do that for u if u seriously want me too but who cares i dont as long as we are winning every thing is bags of wheat.............

and i definately know what you mean that we need young kids in the side but we just dont have them(quality ones any way) i coached the u/14s last year and we had 32 players wich isnt a good number but managed any way,until this group of kids comes through the ranks we wont have any u/18's and im being fair dinkum with u there.............yes some people at the club have said that we will have 18's this year which is good but from previouse years its highly unlikly........

Yes you just need to work with what you have. Everyone needs something Heights need more talls which looks rectified, some need more youth/pace, more forwards, more hard at the ball players etc.

Age has its advantages with experience etc although history has shown that at out level it catches up with most sides as older players get injured more ( how many games do 18 to 25 yo's miss compared to 30 to 35 yo's), slow down as the legs get weary at the end of the year and the big finals grounds hit. 30 to 35 yo's tend not to be as fit as younger players probably relying on the footy brain to get them by. Should be a very interesting year.

Goes bang are the council watering Heights as it looks green.

Yes you just need to work with what you have. Everyone needs something Heights need more talls which looks rectified, some need more youth/pace, more forwards, more hard at the ball players etc.

Age has its advantages with experience etc although history has shown that at out level it catches up with most sides as older players get injured more ( how many games do 18 to 25 yo's miss compared to 30 to 35 yo's), slow down as the legs get weary at the end of the year and the big finals grounds hit. 30 to 35 yo's tend not to be as fit as younger players probably relying on the footy brain to get them by. Should be a very interesting year.

thank christ i got something good out of u............i was waiting for your reply.........
yer fair enough
about the old blokes i think its how the coaching staff look after them and have them fit and raring to go about 3 or 4 rounds out of finals and have another good crack at it........i think we would do allright if every 1 fit and available 4 rounds going in to finals providing we are in the right spot on ladder...........double chance has to be the main focus this year if i was coach...................

Not sure what the council is doing but the grass is looking ok.... I think the boys are ducking over to the ground instead of using the urinal over at the Glengala whenever they go over for a pot... and if u know a few of the boys u would know that's a lot of pi$$ing!!!

KEEP YOUR FEET WHEN YOU PLAY AT HEIGHTS!!

thank christ i got something good out of u............i was waiting for your reply.........
yer fair enough
about the old blokes i think its how the coaching staff look after them and have them fit and raring to go about 3 or 4 rounds out of finals and have another good crack at it........i think we would do allright if every 1 fit and available 4 rounds going in to finals providing we are in the right spot on ladder...........double chance has to be the main focus this year if i was coach...................

The big grounds are a concern come finals time, but you can carry about 5 guys aged over 30. Obviously it depends on things such as size, position they play, speed etc. North Footscray have a few veterans who have been terrific footballers at this level and can still carry on in 07 if they wish.

Jason Barry (forward), Craig Thomson (forward/wing), Ian "Scratcher" Allen (wing/midfield)... plus one or two others

You don't want 5 slow veterans, but if you disperse them in different roles, then if they are good enough it shouldn't matter. Balance is they key!

The big grounds are a concern come finals time, but you can carry about 5 guys aged over 30. Obviously it depends on things such as size, position they play, speed etc. North Footscray have a few veterans who have been terrific footballers at this level and can still carry on in 07 if they wish.

Jason Barry (forward), Craig Thomson (forward/wing), Ian "Scratcher" Allen (wing/midfield)... plus one or two others

You don't want 5 slow veterans, but if you disperse them in different roles, then if they are good enough it shouldn't matter. Balance is they key!

yes good points red devil.......
the 4 or 5 guys that are playing at deer park all of them played 1st division last year for different clubs and are previous deer park players and are all different types of players both forwards and backs so im sure they can play a big role in what the lions want to achieve........even if they dont play in the ones its gonna strgthen the twos which would be good for the club.......

tony...........bangers

interesting to see on the wrfl website that heights are looking for praccy matches are there any confirmed yet if so who against...........

tony...........bangers

interesting to see on the wrfl website that heights are looking for praccy matches are there any confirmed yet if so who against...........

Have heard that there is a game against Glenroy confirmed. Also heard that there is a game against Footscray Super rules to help the boys simulate what match conditions may be like in round 6 when the Dragons take on the pensioners from Deer Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back