WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sticking my head out. Heights will be competetive that I know and thats as far as it goes. Apart from that the season will unfold as it does and many factors come into account as to whether a side ends up being serious contenders or not.

There is really no such thing as signing because clearances cant go in yet and as we don't pay we dont do contracts. As for naming them common sense would suggest not, as other sides offering large sums may come sniffing around once they know a player is changing clubs. Players returning to the club are Abela, Woods, Greto they are safe obviously. Others are 4 from A1's being a forward, CHB, HB and on baller, 1 HF from GFL, 2 25yo's from GFL havn't played for 2 years one HF one HB/on baller and at this stage 4 from Div 2 being a CHF, wing/on baller, on baller, HF and a rover from the Ballarat league. So my figures were wrong the actual figure is 15. Whether they all end up playing good senior football or all end up playing at all remains to be seen. We have all been around long enough to know that there will probably be 3 or 4 new senior players come before the season and some of the 14 mentioned wont eventuate. We have also picked up Nick Mallia is a sense as he has only played the minimum games the last couple of years as he has been travelling. This year he is committed to a full season and hasn't missed a session. Having known Nick all of his life this is the most focussed I have seen.

So yes many new faces, all the old have come back in good shape and are keen but I guess all sides are the same at this time of year, What club are you with crackatinny.

Heard Azza might be going to to Heights what are the chances of that happening, if so start stocking up on the oil, you will need it

Not really sticking my head out. Heights will be competetive that I know and thats as far as it goes. Apart from that the season will unfold as it does and many factors come into account as to whether a side ends up being serious contenders or not.

There is really no such thing as signing because clearances cant go in yet and as we don't pay we dont do contracts. As for naming them common sense would suggest not, as other sides offering large sums may come sniffing around once they know a player is changing clubs. Players returning to the club are Abela, Woods, Greto they are safe obviously. Others are 4 from A1's being a forward, CHB, HB and on baller, 1 HF from GFL, 2 25yo's from GFL havn't played for 2 years one HF one HB/on baller and at this stage 4 from Div 2 being a CHF, wing/on baller, on baller, HF and a rover from the Ballarat league. So my figures were wrong the actual figure is 15. Whether they all end up playing good senior football or all end up playing at all remains to be seen. We have all been around long enough to know that there will probably be 3 or 4 new senior players come before the season and some of the 14 mentioned wont eventuate. We have also picked up Nick Mallia is a sense as he has only played the minimum games the last couple of years as he has been travelling. This year he is committed to a full season and hasn't missed a session. Having known Nick all of his life this is the most focussed I have seen.

So yes many new faces, all the old have come back in good shape and are keen but I guess all sides are the same at this time of year, What club are you with crackatinny.

so how many from central altona then i know youve got some of them.....
and the ones from div 1 are they from yarraville?????be honest...........

whos the baf and leading goal kicker

Re: All Quite at Albanvale ???

A little quite at Albanvale - externally that is - hear quite a bit of activity that will cause a great impact in Division 2 : -

Is it true that NICKY WINMAR has signed ? Even though a shoulder injury sidelined him from Rutherglen's final campaign last season surely the 41 year old star would have a monsterous impact in Division 2 - would it put any pressure on Allan Williams first year coach with Winmar playing ?

Also belive Winmar's teammates and cousins from Rutherglen may follow him - Lorrence Farmer ( grand son of Polly Farmer - and Cameron Winmar.

Secondly believe also with a Ballarat & Bendigo Leagues starting late that Albanvale have lined up a couple of 4 week deals for 3 or 4 players to get their match fitness in place - perhaps the old adage of a foot in the door will persuade these players to stay ?

All in all sounds like Albanvale will be quick out the blocks this season _ question is will they be able to sustain the pace ?

Re: All Quite at Albanvale ???

A little quite at Albanvale - externally that is - hear quite a bit of activity that will cause a great impact in Division 2 : -

Is it true that NICKY WINMAR has signed ? Even though a shoulder injury sidelined him from Rutherglen's final campaign last season surely the 41 year old star would have a monsterous impact in Division 2 - would it put any pressure on Allan Williams first year coach with Winmar playing ?

Also belive Winmar's teammates and cousins from Rutherglen may follow him - Lorrence Farmer ( grand son of Polly Farmer - and Cameron Winmar.

Secondly believe also with a Ballarat & Bendigo Leagues starting late that Albanvale have lined up a couple of 4 week deals for 3 or 4 players to get their match fitness in place - perhaps the old adage of a foot in the door will persuade these players to stay ?

All in all sounds like Albanvale will be quick out the blocks this season _ question is will they be able to sustain the pace ?

interesting other than their star cavanagh getting locked up at the springs club last month thats all ive herd about the cobras...........

yer sounds like the cobras are goin places if true but when they leave its gonna be tough for them if they havnt picked up any 1 else.......

i can name the last 5 bnf winners surely he cant be in those .............
so he must be an old codger then.........
youve picked up the flat track bully as bangers would name him cause hes won the last 4 or so.................

your making a come back then you said you havnt been playing for ages now that will be interesting to watch ill be there in full voice lol..

Never said an A2 or A1 comp winner or even WRFL. I can assure that he won a comp in the last 3 years. So no old codger if he was you would have him signed already at Deer Park. I can safely say that out of the possible recruits the only ones 30 plus are Woods who is 30 I think Abela is 30 and one of the others is around 29-30.

Flat track bully as Paul no club eluded to being Stevie Lane is playing at West with his son.

Comeback perhaps, havn't played for about 5 years, having played 2 years of soccer in between. Have always been around the club though. All going well with work (small chance may have to go i/state for 6 months) I will be playing whether it be seniors or reserves is out of my hands.

Glad that you will be in full voice. Look forward to it. Either be seing you in the reserves or seniors as a runner. You probably shouldn't be called runner either. You do move in a forward motion but it's not really running lets be real.

Heard Azza might be going to to Heights what are the chances of that happening, if so start stocking up on the oil, you will need it

Azza says he wont play under Bomber but told me he is coming back for sure and likes Bomber. If you know the guy you will know that sounds like him. Having known him since he first came to Heights my guess is no. He is all over the shop. Saying that he is likely to just turn up one night out of the blue. I know some of the boys are talking to him.

He is a good player quick and carries the ball but for every 10 good things he does he does 8 bad things. So a bit of taking the good with the bad I suppose.

Never said an A2 or A1 comp winner or even WRFL. I can assure that he won a comp in the last 3 years. So no old codger if he was you would have him signed already at Deer Park. I can safely say that out of the possible recruits the only ones 30 plus are Woods who is 30 I think Abela is 30 and one of the others is around 29-30.

Flat track bully as Paul no club eluded to being Stevie Lane is playing at West with his son.

Comeback perhaps, havn't played for about 5 years, having played 2 years of soccer in between. Have always been around the club though. All going well with work (small chance may have to go i/state for 6 months) I will be playing whether it be seniors or reserves is out of my hands.

Glad that you will be in full voice. Look forward to it. Either be seing you in the reserves or seniors as a runner. You probably shouldn't be called runner either. You do move in a forward motion but it's not really running lets be real.

Didnt know i need a club to speak on this site. For ur info in between clubs at the moment having played in the WRFL and the EDFL the last couple of years can you recommend any?

Azza says he wont play under Bomber but told me he is coming back for sure and likes Bomber. If you know the guy you will know that sounds like him. Having known him since he first came to Heights my guess is no. He is all over the shop. Saying that he is likely to just turn up one night out of the blue. I know some of the boys are talking to him.

He is a good player quick and carries the ball but for every 10 good things he does he does 8 bad things. So a bit of taking the good with the bad I suppose.

Terrific bloke on and off the field, better off real good value out and bout lol

so how many from central altona then i know youve got some of them.....
and the ones from div 1 are they from yarraville?????be honest...........

whos the baf and leading goal kicker

You don't know that we have gained from Central although we obviously have a good connection there. I do know that 2 that were coming in Vicuccia and MJ went to west after the money. Should be interesting with MJ playing with the club who racially abuse him every time he plays against them and not many if any other Lebanese players there. Amazing what money does.

Honest - none from Yarraville.

If you figure out the other two which I don't think is possible then I will answer truthfully but until then won't worry about naming them. Ask goesbangfrom 50 he might be able to name them but I am not going to.

Didnt know i need a club to speak on this site. For ur info in between clubs at the moment having played in the WRFL and the EDFL the last couple of years can you recommend any?

Course not just makes it easier to relate and know where a person is coming from. I get the impression you know a bit about Albanvale and Nth Sunshine.

I can recommend that if you are over 34 then Deer Park would love to have you. If you want to chase money and play with a bunch of pretty boy soft players have a look at West. If you want to play with a group of good blokes who love playing football because they love the game and want to play with mates then come down to Ainsworth Mondays and Thursdays. If you were just hanging s h i t then good on you.

Azza is a real character and a pisser off the field.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cmon mate bog in the ressies for the lions at our ground then was captian the second time around in a pretty big game and done alright too........
ill always get plenty of it cause yous always play oh s h i t i forgot his name but he moves worse than me hope u play on me ill get u a kick if you follow me around ..........lol

Course not just makes it easier to relate and know where a person is coming from. I get the impression you know a bit about Albanvale and Nth Sunshine.

I can recommend that if you are over 34 then Deer Park would love to have you. If you want to chase money and play with a bunch of pretty boy soft players have a look at West. If you want to play with a group of good blokes who love playing football because they love the game and want to play with mates then come down to Ainsworth Mondays and Thursdays. If you were just hanging s h i t then good on you.

Azza is a real character and a pisser off the field.

im looking for a new club i would fit right in down at the track true

cmon mate bog in the ressies for the lions at our ground then was captian the second time around in a pretty big game and done alright too........
ill always get plenty of it cause yous always play oh s h i t i forgot his name but he moves worse than me hope u play on me ill get u a kick if you follow me around ..........lol

Describe the player who plays on you, I want to get a laugh.

Thats true that I would get kicks following a good player around. I am tipping if I am playing A2 reserves and following around the back pocket from the opposition then things are probably not going too well in my comeback is it. Time to turn back to the round ball on Sundays I would say.

Your under 30 love your footy so theres a start to fitting in at Heights. Have you got greyhounds, chickens or pigeons. Seriously though we have a drink with the opposition after the game as it should be so you probably wouldn't like that. Also you probably enjoy the pressure of being red hot favourites for a flag where winning one is the only acceptable outcome for 2007. At Heights we just like to have a kick and see how we go.

Yeah you also might want to have a solarium fitted in your clubrooms!

Can definitely play but a bit of a pea brain. I know he drove his Albanvale teammates batty by refusing to pass the ball. First option Azza!

Describe the player who plays on you, I want to get a laugh.

Thats true that I would get kicks following a good player around. I am tipping if I am playing A2 reserves and following around the back pocket from the opposition then things are probably not going too well in my comeback is it. Time to turn back to the round ball on Sundays I would say.

Your under 30 love your footy so theres a start to fitting in at Heights. Have you got greyhounds, chickens or pigeons. Seriously though we have a drink with the opposition after the game as it should be so you probably wouldn't like that. Also you probably enjoy the pressure of being red hot favourites for a flag where winning one is the only acceptable outcome for 2007. At Heights we just like to have a kick and see how we go.

i dunno he is slow though went to my school at sunshine senior campus i am forgetfull with names probably goes to the glengala with the boys and is a big fellow prob a year or 2 older than me............he got dragged three times last time we played cause i kicked 3 goals from the back pocket and thats the thing i wouldnt play on u you would have to play on me i recon id hurt your team more.............lol

and to be fair dinkum ive got a pup of brett lee and gregoriava wait and see this thing fly

i dunno he is slow though went to my school at sunshine senior campus i am forgetfull with names probably goes to the glengala with the boys and is a big fellow prob a year or 2 older than me............he got dragged three times last time we played cause i kicked 3 goals from the back pocket and thats the thing i wouldnt play on u you would have to play on me i recon id hurt your team more.............lol

and to be fair dinkum ive got a pup of brett lee and gregoriava wait and see this thing fly

Grey hound already you wont have to pay membership.

Figured out who the player was. You only kicked 3 on him and he only got dragged 3 times he must have went well that week. Am laughing though he is slower than bear from your club. I can picture you sprinting to him before the game and leaving the other back pocket for dead.

Grey hound already you wont have to pay membership.

Figured out who the player was. You only kicked 3 on him and he only got dragged 3 times he must have went well that week. Am laughing though he is slower than bear from your club. I can picture you sprinting to him before the game and leaving the other back pocket for dead.

yer there is always a push and a shove and i always get the dud lol:thumbsu:
maybe you should stick to the round ball your surely gonna get a kick even if it is in the shins........

jamie hinge his name is

The Devils are back at training on the 31/1. We have picked up an no.1 ruckman and are still waiting on confirmation of a few more players (very close to signing). I reckon we will have approximately 6-8 (hard to be exact) new senior players and only lose 2 from last year's outfit. We had 15 players under 23 years old in our final's loss to West Footscray, so hopefully these players will also improve.

Picked up Matty Young as your number 1 ruckman i here very lazy good luck!!!!

Bad start to the year for the cobra's loosing their captain to a serious knee injury which will side line him for the season. In for a reco next week.

All he best for a speedy recovery:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back