WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im here mate and i can say parkside will win the flag by 10-20 goals they should be put in divi two as soon as possible as for my other tips in the round got two right and i see your team got the win at sunshine heights
My neighbour was there watching with other friends and said it was highly entertaining on the website it doesnt say goal kickers or best players though pretty poor form on your team managers end dont you think
I also see that north sunshine are playing saturday night ill be there at your ground if you would like to have a couple beers
Rather poor form from the manager's although it wasn't there fault than a team that is not competitive looking foward to having those beers though cheers

After looking at the weekends results I think Parkside should be forced up to div 2 and West should be dropped to div 3. As unfair as it all sounds for struggling div 2 teams and teams that have been struggling for years.. Parkside were in the same predicament as west last year and got dropped - now they've had the chance to rebuild and look like they could be competitive in div 2.. what glory is there in winning div 3 with ease? It's more unfair on the rest of div 3 to leave parkside to dominate the comp.. bring down west to let them rebuild two sides.

All that aside the administration behind this league is a joke for letting parkside drop last year.. but if you're going to do it for one team you cant say no to another. It's better to make exception and let west drop rather than lose another team..

If the WRFL facilitates West Footscray's request of being demoted to division three, it opens a can of worms. Parkside's request last year never should have been allowed. The decision was inappropriate, unnecessary, inconsiderate and extremely unprofessional from the administration.

What happens next year when a team requests to be demoted? What if two, three or four teams wish to be demoted? Or the entire league? What if this was to occur year after year?

There are two ways of looking at this.

A) The admin decides to promote Parkside to division two and demote West Footscray to division three.
This sets a precedent for future years. It basically doesn't give the WRFL a leg to stand on when it comes to turning down future requests. It would be an absolute joke if the WRFL pick and choose which teams are allowed to be promoted and demoted mid year, which will cause tension within the league. Players, staff, club admin, sponsors, etc will all be turned off and the league will ultimately become weaker.

B) The admin rejects the request of West Footscray.
West Footscray will fill hard done by, because their request was denied despite Parkside's request being honoured.

Ultimately if the WRFL choose to reject West Footscray's request, they are doing the best thing for the league. West Footscray may not be happy, but the WRFL will just have to accept they perhaps made an error in allowing Parkside to drop to division three last season. Making one mistake is obviously a better outcome than making several mistakes over and over again.

If the WRFL facilitates West Footscray's request of being demoted to division three, it opens a can of worms. Parkside's request last year never should have been allowed. The decision was inappropriate, unnecessary, inconsiderate and extremely unprofessional from the administration.

What happens next year when a team requests to be demoted? What if two, three or four teams wish to be demoted? Or the entire league? What if this was to occur year after year?

A) The admin decides to promote Parkside to division two and demote West Footscray to division three.
This sets a precedent for future years. It basically doesn't give the WRFL a leg to stand on when it comes to turning down future requests. It would be an absolute joke if the WRFL pick and choose which teams are allowed to be promoted and demoted mid year, which will cause tension within the league. Players, staff, club admin, sponsors, etc will all be turned off and the league will ultimately become weaker.

West Footscray will fill hard done by, because their request was denied despite Parkside's request being honoured.

Ultimately if the WRFL choose to reject West Footscray's request, they are doing the best thing for the league. West Footscray may not be happy, but the WRFL will just have to accept they perhaps made an error in allowing Parkside to drop to division three last season. Making one mistake is obviously a better outcome than making several mistakes over and over again.

I suppose so. I can see it from both sides.. I guess I'm just looking at it from the idea of west having to fold and having one less team in div 2. Overall, it's all a cop out to teams like lavo, north etc have struggled and been dominated by these teams.

After looking at the weekends results I think Parkside should be forced up to div 2 and West should be dropped to div 3. As unfair as it all sounds for struggling div 2 teams and teams that have been struggling for years.. Parkside were in the same predicament as west last year and got dropped - now they've had the chance to rebuild and look like they could be competitive in div 2.. what glory is there in winning div 3 with ease? It's more unfair on the rest of div 3 to leave parkside to dominate the comp.. bring down west to let them rebuild two sides.

All that aside the administration behind this league is a joke for letting parkside drop last year.. but if you're going to do it for one team you cant say no to another. It's better to make exception and let west drop rather than lose another team..

Some great post's by you both. Understand both views, but the league made a decision to assist Parkside so they need to allow future request's as otherwise in my eyes it's clearly showing favouritism towards particular clubs.
I see the league stands by its decision last year so is the person in charge still working in the same position? The only way I can see them not allowing West to drop is for the league to give him his marching orders and get someone else in just like a business would and set some standards & rules..

On another note it's interesting to see that Parksides EDFL neighbors Maribynong Park have now got a 3rds Senior side which "could" affect Parkside in future years. But ultimately (as per a recent post) if you don't have juniors it's going to be difficult to survive another 3-5 years unless you find another solution. Even sponsors like to invest in clubs with junior programs/pathways.

Anyway good luck with it all..

I suppose so. I can see it from both sides.. I guess I'm just looking at it from the idea of west having to fold and having one less team in div 2. Overall, it's all a cop out to teams like lavo, north etc have struggled and been dominated by these teams.
How is it a cop out to Lavo, North Sunshine, etc? These clubs have had opportunities to improve and set themselves up for success but repeatedly fail... That is their own fault and not the leagues... Everyone wants a fair go which is fair enough but life isn't fair and only one team can come first or there can only be one winner...

Last edited:
How is it a cop out to Lavo, North Sunshine, etc? These clubs have had opportunities to improve and set themselves up for success but repeatedly fail... That is their own fault and not the leagues... Everyone wants a fair go which is fair enough but life isn't fair and only one team can come first or there o kts we be one winner...
100% agree. As much as it was a terrible call to drop parkside because of the precedence it set; West footscray as a club have to take responsibility for the position they are in because of how they approached last season. No one wants to see a club fold but surely the league can't keep letting clubs drop down if they aren't competitive.

How is it a cop out to Lavo, North Sunshine, etc? These clubs have had opportunities to improve and set themselves up for success but repeatedly fail... That is their own fault and not the leagues... Everyone wants a fair go which is fair enough but life isn't fair and only one team can come first or there can only be one winner...
I tend to disagree
It's suburban football not the world of big business. It's average blokes having a crack, being organised by people who truly care about their clubs.
You say that someone has to loose as there can only be one winner, so I believe Laverton and nth sunny are truly winners as they are still here today fighting side by side with teams with financial might like Parkside.
These clubs surely have tried to help themselves, ie; when Laverton employed you to change the clubs culture and try to make them successful, but in the end you and the club failed each other.
So it's not a matter of bad choices, but more a matter of limited choices.

I tend to disagree
It's suburban football not the world of big business. It's average blokes having a crack, being organised by people who truly care about their clubs.
You say that someone has to loose as there can only be one winner, so I believe Laverton and nth sunny are truly winners as they are still here today fighting side by side with teams with financial might like Parkside.
These clubs surely have tried to help themselves, ie; when Laverton employed you to change the clubs culture and try to make them successful, but in the end you and the club failed each other.
It depends on how you interpret the word winners. No doubt my club has a better fighting spirit in soldiering on through hard times which one could say makes them winners. But buying a flag technically also makes parkside winners.
What did you mean by the bad/limited choices?

It depends on how you interpret the word winners. No doubt my club has a better fighting spirit in soldiering on through hard times which one could say makes them winners. But buying a flag technically also makes parkside winners.
What did you mean by the bad/limited choices?
I meant that financial constraints, not to mention perceived image problems to higher profile or better quality coaches and players limit what these clubs are able to change or improve in order to be more successful.

I tend to disagree
Of course you do... Blame others. Repeatedly accepting the same behaviours and accepting mediocrity is why the lesser clubs never excel. It takes time but some clubs (without naming any in particular) have too many chiefs and not enough Indians...

West haven't asked to go to division 2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the rules regarding West footscray not having a twos side? Can something where guys who can't get a game from other teams have a run without getting a clearance? That way they can have a better chance of fielding a side and the guys not good enough to get a game can still have a run?

Wyndham to beat SL by 40+
Parkside to beat Sunny Heights by 80+
Newport to beat Braybrook by 5pts
Laverton to beat Nth Sunshine by 30+
Where to from here north boys ?
2 rounds in 2 losses by over 100 points
Do you still think you will be there about a for finals time ? How are the new signings that you said would get you to finals?
Cannot wait for this reply

Where to from here north boys ?
2 rounds in 2 losses by over 100 points
Do you still think you will be there about a for finals time ? How are the new signings that you said would get you to finals?
Cannot wait for this reply
Knew you would have typed today mate To be honest i believe the alarm bells are ringing i mean we won the flag then finished bottom now again looked like we would be a top 4 certainty now looking like a bottom 2 certainty. The wheels have fallen off even this early in the season the guys need to come out next week and make a bloody statement i dont know what you mean by cant wait for this reply all i say is the truth and nothing else mate
It looks anyones guess this comp after sunny heights beat parkside and north sunshine being 2-0 beating sunny heights and laverton. Wyndham losing to SL also
Didnt know there was a night match i was on the couch watching blues dogs if i wouldve known it was changed from 2 to 7pm i would have gone down
Who was there from other clubs any reviews?

Knew you would have typed today mate To be honest i believe the alarm bells are ringing i mean we won the flag then finished bottom now again looked like we would be a top 4 certainty now looking like a bottom 2 certainty. The wheels have fallen off even this early in the season the guys need to come out next week and make a bloody statement i dont know what you mean by cant wait for this reply all i say is the truth and nothing else mate
It looks anyones guess this comp after sunny heights beat parkside and north sunshine being 2-0 beating sunny heights and laverton. Wyndham losing to SL also
Didnt know there was a night match i was on the couch watching blues dogs if i wouldve known it was changed from 2 to 7pm i would have gone down
Who was there from other clubs any reviews?
You knew there was a night match you should look at your previous posts and i was going to buy you a beer

You knew there was a night match you should look at your previous posts and i was going to buy you a beer
I just went back and read but in my defence i wrote that after about my 10th can of vic
If thats not a sign of memory loss i dont know what is
Must have forgotten completely
Could be a sign to give up drinking if hassles from the mrs wasnt enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back