WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With all the salary cap amounts being discussed has anyone asked the question.
Who is going to collect the taxes for the government. Players would have to declare as a extra income to there wages ?.Do the league add the taxable factor to the clubs fees and pass it on to the ATO which means extra money needs to be raised by the club to cover the costs putting even more pressure on struggling clubs

Who is going to collect the taxes for the government. Players would have to declare as a extra income to there wages ?.Do the league add the taxable factor to the clubs fees and pass it on to the ATO which means extra money needs to be raised by the club to cover the costs putting even more pressure on struggling clubs
Working along the same lines, Clubs paying for excess Health Insurances, and perks like cars etc, should all be declared under Fringe Benefits Tax. I'm sure no one is though.

No one declares hahaha

That is the point no one declares so they the league would charge the tax component to the allocated amount to the division so the ATO still get a slice of the pie there is no getting out
tbf if the payments are under a certain amount (can't think of the amount) can't it be classed as a hobby so its not taxed?

Shouldn't even be having this discussion, if you want to demand money to play footy do it at a higher level all these so called superstars screaming for cash in div 2/3 it's a joke

Why would it be on the players? Surly its the clubs that should be held accountable. If a club comes to you and offers x amount you cant realistically expect the player to turn it down?

Shouldn't even be having this discussion, if you want to demand money to play footy do it at a higher level all these so called superstars screaming for cash in div 2/3 it's a joke
Same goes for coaches.
No cash in lower divisions equals more loyalty, fair competitions, and heightens the sense of community.

Never understood why div 3 coaches get paid anything. They are as average a coach as the division suggests.
Those who disagree on the premise that it's a big commitment for someone to undertake for free or little pay, should realise that these clubs would probably perform just as well without a paid coach.

Money always brings divides

Maybe it's time for people to be in places for the right reasons

So quick question - If the League are trying to keep Glenorden in footy for 2017 as the Leader says, does that mean a likelihood that they be given an option to play Div 3? If so what does that mean for the rest? Fixtures remain, plus a bye each week, and Div 2 play same amount of fixtures each week as well, with no byes?
Thoughts

So quick question - If the League are trying to keep Glenorden in footy for 2017 as the Leader says, does that mean a likelihood that they be given an option to play Div 3? If so what does that mean for the rest? Fixtures remain, plus a bye each week, and Div 2 play same amount of fixtures each week as well, with no byes?
Thoughts
They're goneskis even if they tried dropping them to Div 3

This is what happens when you try to buy success instead of building success bad management and money cripples clubs
Plenty of clubs do it. Back to the point that every year there are new Administrators cruising through, and each wants success, generally at whatever cost. Most don't hang around all that long. And most don't have solid business acumen. The guys who are good at it have business people around the place, and can hold onto good volunteers for many years, it gives them a chance to build and implement a plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same goes for coaches.
No cash in lower divisions equals more loyalty, fair competitions, and heightens the sense of community.

Never understood why div 3 coaches get paid anything. They are as average a coach as the division suggests.
Those who disagree on the premise that it's a big commitment for someone to undertake for free or little pay, should realise that these clubs would probably perform just as well without a paid coach.

Money always brings divides

Maybe it's time for people to be in places for the right reasons

Sneaky its quite obvious that you are not a coach, most coaches even in div three are putting huge hours per week to get a side on the park in the modern game. In hours per week it works out nearly the same as a second job as the coaches are working nearly 12 months a year with the season review ,recruiting and planning the preseason which starts for most clubs in November. So if a club pays money for a good coach then good on the coach and well done to the club for having the foresight to employ an coach for the club not just a senior side

Sneaky its quite obvious that you are not a coach, most coaches even in div three are putting huge hours per week to get a side on the park in the modern game. In hours per week it works out nearly the same as a second job as the coaches are working nearly 12 months a year with the season review ,recruiting and planning the preseason which starts for most clubs in November. So if a club pays money for a good coach then good on the coach and well done to the club for having the foresight to employ an coach for the club not just a senior side
And to be fair, in the current financial environment, a lot of good coaches don't put their hands up, because they need to work 2 or even 3 jobs. If there is coin in the offing, some of the better coaches can be swayed to take a pay cut, so that they can help out in the coaching arena, while not putting too much pressure on the home budget. The most successful clubs will always be the ones that can get themselves in a position to employ not only a coach, but a part time or better yet, a full time administrator.

Last edited:
I'm definitely not a coach, but I don't understand how people can't see that soo much effort and money is wasted. It's only div3 at the end of the day.
I should stop saying too much money is being wasted and perhaps start saying that too much is expected from this division.
Let's face it
Average players in a below average league

And some of us want money???

People need to grow a conscience and lower expectations

I'm definitely not a coach, but I don't understand how people can't see that soo much effort and money is wasted. It's only div3 at the end of the day.
I should stop saying too much money is being wasted and perhaps start saying that too much is expected from this division.
Let's face it
Average players in a below average league

And some of us want money???

People need to grow a conscience and lower expectations

Sneaky this may be so for the players but every club in every league wants to get better and win a premiership .Coaches are no different and most will work the arses off to the betterment of a club so they do need to be rewarded no matter what level or league. before you bag coachees jump on board some where and see the amount of work that goes on

Sneaky this may be so for the players but every club in every league wants to get better and win a premiership .Coaches are no different and most will work the arses off to the betterment of a club so they do need to be rewarded no matter what level or league. before you bag coachees jump on board some where and see the amount of work that goes on

Not all coaches in division 3 are on coin.

Some just love their club and want to see it survive ;)

That's what im talking about mate!!
Perfect example of blokes putting their hand up and doing the right thing by their club.
Hats off to all the people their for the right reasons.
It's amazing how people here talk about the hours it takes for a coach to fulfill his duties, therefore they should be remunerated.
I'm pretty sure the canteen lady busts her ass..
I'm pretty sure the president is busy..
I'm pretty sure 90% of fee paying players work pretty hard..
But hey let's pay the coach lol

I agree with this and if the coach does want to do this for fee then good on him get around him and go for it and if a coach does get payed then good on him as well .If a coach is any good then they spend a lot of time doing this when they could be spending time with their families. The modern game even a local level is asking for a big commitment in time and effort from coaches and players so i don't begrudge any body getting some coin . I have the greatest respect for all volunteers with clubs asking for a big commitment in time and effort just to survive and get dollars into the coffers. No club can survive with out theses dedicated people

Apart from Cloke, Anderson, Cowlishaw, Barszuskyj, any other new recruits getting around this year? Or are we recycling again, and seeing the usual merry-go-round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back