WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never played at Laverton in your time but as an outsider looking in I respect what you tried to do/achieve in your time there and I know a few people from inside the club who have respect for you. The club has always had its issues and when someone like yourself come in and tried to clean it up it certainly caused a bit of a stir.
Thanks mate and it works both ways... whilst there were many shitheads at that place there were some absolute ripping blokes that I still keep in contact with today... the sad reality is that you can’t polish a turd... at the end of he day it will still be a turd... sneakysneaky being the king of them!

He tried to do what he was paid to do.
Nothing different to what any other coach would do.
Failure is failure.
And the club was left no better off ultimately.
Too many excuses from both ends, with egos blinding the facts.
Nothing was ultimately gained.
Least he tried mate. Not sure who you are Sneaky maybe PM me and il reveal myself also.
What I liked about it is there was always articles in the local paper, social media etc where he was pumping up the club and openly admitted to try and make some changes re the culture of the club. Apart from Scott and Dal Harvey I haven't really seen a coach take the job and do more than just coach the club. Perhaps people like this need to be welcomed as a breath of fresh air rather than a detriment.

And Laverton Magpies were you paid? Highly doubt it and if so would've been very little I reckon

Least he tried mate. Not sure who you are Sneaky maybe PM me and il reveal myself also.
What I liked about it is there was always articles in the local paper, social media etc where he was pumping up the club and openly admitted to try and make some changes re the culture of the club. Apart from Scott and Dal Harvey I haven't really seen a coach take the job and do more than just coach the club. Perhaps people like this need to be welcomed as a breath of fresh air rather than a detriment.

And Laverton Magpies were you paid? Highly doubt it and if so would've been very little I reckon
Thanks for the kind words mate. Yes I was paid but I took the major sponsorship from $3500 for the season to an initiative called Club 100 which brought in $10k the first year and around $7.8 and $6.5k the next 2 years, got my wife’s family business to put in $2500 a year for 3 years and had another initiative that brought in over $12k in my final year... its these things that are always overlooked by scumbags that think I coached just for financial gain... I could earn what I got for coaching in 2 months in my job at the time!

I imagine coaching Laverton for 3 years, would be like coaching 6 years at any other club. Just holding onto to the job for 3 years is an achievement compared to the last few years at Laverton.

It seemed to me last years coach seemed to be on the right track, maybe not results but off field, just from the outside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any problem playing 2 sides who will probably fight out the div 3 premiership.
Wouldn't you want to play sides that will test you at least 1 game through pre-season. As good as Tarneit and Suns might be in Div 3 they are a long way off a div 2 premiership side

Still a game of footy though isn't it. If anything youd have to admire these Div 3 sides wanting to have a crack.
Yep great on the Suns and Tarneit not only gives them a gauge on 2018 but what they need to improve should they go up in 2019. Not sure it will give North an understanding on where they are at though

Yep great on the Suns and Tarneit not only gives them a gauge on 2018 but what they need to improve should they go up in 2019. Not sure it will give North an understanding on where they are at though
Wickers we know where we are at. Very easy for you to sit there and make judgement on who we should play but lets remember ground availability (we can never get our ground till apr 1 because of Yarravile Club CC always in finals ) and the last 5 years we have played SFL and EDFL teams.

Wickers we know where we are at. Very easy for you to sit there and make judgement on who we should play but lets remember ground availability (we can never get our ground till apr 1 because of Yarravile Club CC always in finals ) and the last 5 years we have played SFL and EDFL teams.
Thats good to hear, we will wait till August/September. All clubs face the same issues with ground availability.

Glenorden v West Footscray on Saturday @ Heathdale Oval
North Sunshine v Watsonia on Saturday @ Talintyre Reserve
Point Cook Centrals v Albanvale on Saturday @ Featherbrook
Brookers v Northern Saints on Sunday @ Pennell Reserve

Glenorden v West Footscray on Saturday @ Heathdale Oval
North Sunshine v Watsonia on Saturday @ Talintyre Reserve
Point Cook Centrals v Albanvale on Saturday @ Featherbrook
Brookers v Northern Saints on Sunday @ Pennell Reserve

A few games worth a look then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad