WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the WRFL should abolish all fees to the division 3 clubs to compensate for parkside coming into the division i don't want parkside to fold but i don't want another club either and what club doesn't want to be competitive so they will be forced to over spend to stay in touch the league hopefully has taken this into consideration

Turbo you have got some good conversation going on bigfooty but you are way off the mark here. A club is in strife and you think that it is reasonable to just spend 40K in Div 3? My club was in Div 1 not that long ago for 4 seasons and never spent $40k once!!

On the coaching front if a club has been around 100 years and in a time of absolute crisis cant find one loyal club man to put his hand up and do the job for nothing (or a small nominal fee like $2K - $3K to cover his expenses ) then they have been doing something wrong.

Will now be interesting to see how many other clubs who are struggling for numbers get given the same lifeline as Parkside. I think in a few years time we might have a Division one with about 5 teams, no division 2 and about 20 teams in Division 3!!!!

Great reply mate,
In all seriousness this is a great insight and couldn't agree more on your Parkside coaching comments. They might be able to find someone in there hour of need.

Gee playing div1 on a budget of <40k must be a challenge mate.
On the my 40k comment I admit I was taking a rough guess but when you add it up its not much. I read somewhere that I player might have been on $800 now this is approx 16k for the year on 1 player. Still find it hard a club pays a bloke in div3 $800. I would say the max I would pay is $400 and he would need to be the best player every week.
I'm still of the belief a senior coach needs to be paid between 5-10k at the lowest division as its only fair as there is a bloody lot of work to do..
-Coach 11-6pm, Training 5:30-8:30pm, call players, recruit players, attend meetings, attend functions, etc etc

In the EDFL:
div2 clubs would be spending between 40-60k
Div1 clubs 60-200k (Craigieburn could be over 200k)
Premier clubs 80-300k.

Anyway the footy is back so need to get ready. Enjoy your afternoon mate and great to read your thoughts on footy..

In all seriousness this is a great insight and couldn't agree more on your Parkside coaching comments. They might be able to find someone in there hour of need.

Turbo I don't think you understand the circumstances, some of the old premiership players / have put hand up to coach it's recruiting 40 players this time of year ,we are only 3 weeks away no practice matches organised it's not November

Watched half of albanvale vs hadfield hadfield looked to fit well drilled. And albnavale couldnt touch it till they really started to get there hands on it late in second quarter no scoreboard up but pritty sure they were down by about 30-40 pts half time. Also from what i could tell 6-8 players missing from grandfinAl side not to sure tho. Was no henderson or sirianni brothers anyone no how the game finished up?

Turbo I don't think you understand the circumstances, some of the old premiership players / have put hand up to coach it's recruiting 40 players this time of year ,we are only 3 weeks away no practice matches organised it's not November

All good mate I understand.
I was just saying they should give Parkside set conditions. Maybe a budget maximum. I just sort of come up with 40k. Surely you can't have a zero budget as to get 40 players on a zero budget is even harder.
Braybrook won it last year and what I hear they paid a certain numbers of players. Even Nth Sunshine would be paying some players.
I wouldn't make it easier for Parkside but they should at least be allowed to be competitive and keep some players that have been there a few years, otherwise supporters will drop off etc. I would allow them to play for points but they can't participate in finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched half of albanvale vs hadfield hadfield looked to fit well drilled. And albnavale couldnt touch it till they really started to get there hands on it late in second quarter no scoreboard up but pritty sure they were down by about 30-40 pts half time. Also from what i could tell 6-8 players missing from grandfinAl side not to sure tho. Was no henderson or sirianni brothers anyone no how the game finished up?

Couldn't tell you the score as no score board mate, 10 players from grand final side missing, all up we had 22 unavailable.. Good hit out against a quality side

Maybe the WRFL should abolish all fees to the division 3 clubs to compensate for parkside coming into the division i don't want parkside to fold but i don't want another club either and what club doesn't want to be competitive so they will be forced to over spend to stay in touch the league hopefully has taken this into consideration
Judging by the info from WRFL that not every club pays them anyway.

Couldn't tell you the score as no score board mate, 10 players from grand final side missing, all up we had 22 unavailable.. Good hit out against a quality side
Cobras lost by about 15 goals today
From what i seen hadfield were defenantly a class above today well structured and had a game plan from the word go. But ganes like today dont mean a whole lot its for teams and coaches to get a hitout before the real stuff im sure albanvale got what they needed out of today and hadfield also and 10 out wow

Who played well in both the games

Lavo - Mitchell is always good, little Asian fella off half back was good and also the big centre half back was strong and took some good contested marks.

SL - I thought everyone was pretty even. Joey ramos played a really good tagging role, Barney was the General through the middle and big Hutton at CHB was really good.

Judging by the info from WRFL that not every club pays them anyway.
A few don't pay on time or are behind in there payments but they always find money to give themselves a pay rise and they still made a small profit last financial year and for the different sports that getting momentum in the community they are still doing alright i know a majority of the money comes from the newer suburbs but made there needs to be a equalizer fund of some sort set up to stop these clubs going broke as long as there is plans in place where they don't rort the system

A few don't pay on time or are behind in there payments but they always find money to give themselves a pay rise and they still made a small profit last financial year and for the different sports that getting momentum in the community they are still doing alright i know a majority of the money comes from the newer suburbs but made there needs to be a equalizer fund of some sort set up to stop these clubs going broke as long as there is plans in place where they don't rort the system
Its the newer clubs throwing money at players before settling debts with the WRFL which is of concern

Its the newer clubs throwing money at players before settling debts with the WRFL which is of concern
But from the conversations on this forum its your parkside. laverton. braybrook who some one said hasn't paid there players or all of there player's then you have north sunshine who do struggle with money sunshine who are in trouble they are older clubs in old areas which everyone is taking about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back