WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I wasnt, but members of my club were. And they discussed a couple of previous events as recommended by you. And that was the feedback received.
Who the he'll are you to determine where I have interests?

My club has 13 sides in the WRFL. Hence my interest

I didn't determine your interest I asked what it was and as far as I'm aware your 13 teams don't play in division 3. So again I ask your continued interest here is ??[/QUOTE]

As an Altona person Hayden, what is your interest?
Your further from division 3 than I am!

I didn't determine your interest I asked what it was and as far as I'm aware your 13 teams don't play in division 3. So again I ask your continued interest here is ??

Your further from division 3 than I am![/QUOTE]

You know my role I've told you and those at the meeting would have heard so Daniel when it was discussed.

I've been a part of this league for nearly 40 years and I will do whatever I can to help it improve.

It pains me to see great clubs that I sparred with over 20 years ago fall into such decline while the league seems to formulate a model that can only hasten their extinction to be replace by new clubs in growth areas.

That can't be done in div 1 hence my reason for being here

I didn't determine your interest I asked what it was and as far as I'm aware your 13 teams don't play in division 3. So again I ask your continued interest here is ??

And I also did not hear any talk of what we discussed re another coach offering money to your players so why did your club not raise that so it was placed on the agenda ?

Your club should have that placed officially on the agenda of the next meeting so it isn't sweep under the table as many things are

John, I have it on very good authority the matter was raised directly with Bob the Builder. We will now see if it will be 'swept' under the carpet.

John, I have it on very good authority the matter was raised directly with Bob the Builder. We will now see if it will be 'swept' under the carpet.

I hope so but I still think it should have been raised in front of all to start the message getting around

As I suggested to Daniel his club should raise it and should have at least an apology

Your further from division 3 than I am!

You know my role I've told you and those at the meeting would have heard so Daniel when it was discussed.

I've been a part of this league for nearly 40 years and I will do whatever I can to help it improve.

It pains me to see great clubs that I sparred with over 20 years ago fall into such decline while the league seems to formulate a model that can only hasten their extinction to be replace by new clubs in growth areas.

That can't be done in div 1 hence my reason for being here[/QUOTE]

So what is your role? You haven't said anything about what you do?

I played 150 games in the WRFL, with and against plenty that currently play, mates that are involved at many clubs and actually prefer a strong local league, than the one you say is in decline.

I think as a local football representative that it's vital that your area is strong.

If a few comments on here saying that there have been some mistakes made, isn't an agenda, it's fact.

The arrogance of the WRFL, has created issues for my club, but they pale into insignificance compared to others.

clubs are dying on the vine that have supported the league for 40 years, to be replaced by clubs that could start their own senior programs in a few years once they have established junior programs and they push through the grades.

but instead, instead of building it, they throw in 3 more clubs, where they have no base and now 2 are financially in strife and one other could go either way but will have to battle bravely for a few years.

Now these decisions have flow on effects to all clubs in the area.

Also, as a WRFL official, why would you not be working with ammo clubs in the hope, if maybe you looked after them, they might even strengthen your league one day? Or are you just as short sighted as the people who have worked from that office before you.

I hope so but I still think it should have been raised in front of all to start the message getting around

As I suggested to Daniel his club should raise it and should have at least an apology

I actually think that club has done the correct thing John in discussing it directly with Bob the Builder. It is now up to him to deal directly with the club involved (if he does). Can't see any benefit in raising it at a league meeting other than to embarrass those from that club.

E="trucka, post: 37540692, member: 87520"]I actually think that club has done the correct thing John in discussing it directly with Bob the Builder. It is now up to him to deal directly with the club involved (if he does). Can't see any benefit in raising it at a league meeting other than to embarrass those from that club.[/QUOTE]
Correct, leave that for me on here

all point cook players past and pr

That can't be done in div 1 hence my reason for being here

I played 150 games in the WRFL, with and against plenty that currently play, mates that are involved at many clubs and actually prefer a strong local league, than the one you say is in decline.

I think as a local football representative that it's vital that your area is strong.

If a few comments on here saying that there have been some mistakes made, isn't an agenda, it's fact.

The arrogance of the WRFL, has created issues for my club, but they pale into insignificance compared to others.

clubs are dying on the vine that have supported the league for 40 years, to be replaced by clubs that could start their own senior programs in a few years once they have established junior programs and they push through the grades.

but instead, instead of building it, they throw in 3 more clubs, where they have no base and now 2 are financially in strife and one other could go either way but will have to battle bravely for a few years.

Also, as a WRFL official, why would you not be working with ammo clubs in the hope, if maybe you looked after them, they might even strengthen your league one day? Or are you just as short sighted as the people who have worked from that office before you.[/QUOTE]

Again I ask why you only seem to be in division 3 talking your message ?

WRFL has 3 leagues but you seem to be in this division forum 90% of the time

And I will admit that the league made several mistakes with it's dealing with Point Cook but your club is not innocent and let's not forget Steve and Daniel if you want to bring up arrogance.

The question of working with ammo clubs can be answered by didn't Werribee just come across to the WRFL? And why work with any entity that has said time and time again it will never play in the WRFL? Your ex and current president have both said you will never join the WRFL so why should the league waste it's time when it has a club was than 1 KM away

I personally wouldn't let your juniors play in the league if your seniors don't but that is a personal opinion, I think the WRFL have been quite reasonable in this point seeing the continued diatribe that comes out of your club directed at the WRFL

The biggest mistake the WRFL have made in my opinion is not having a much closer eye on all it's clubs and left then completely autonomous. This is the reason clubs are throwing money out with little regard because they have no consequences.

The arrogance of some people running clubs is the reason they fail, throwing money around they personally know they have no direct account to.

I've raised this with them and ask how a man that was sacked from his last club due to his absolute incompetence at best and thievery at worst can now be running the financials of another club?

So don't think I condone all the league does because I do not

Last edited:
I actually think that club has done the correct thing John in discussing it directly with Bob the Builder. It is now up to him to deal directly with the club involved (if he does). Can't see any benefit in raising it at a league meeting other than to embarrass those from that club.

I believe the conduct accused deserves embarrassment.

Also, as a WRFL official, why would you not be working with ammo clubs in the hope, if maybe you looked after them, they might even strengthen your league one day? Or are you just as short sighted as the people who have worked from that office before you.

Again I ask why you only seem to be in division 3 talking your message ?

WRFL has 3 leagues but you seem to be in this division forum 90% of the time

And I will admit that the league made several mistakes with it's dealing with Point Cook but your club is not innocent and let's not forget Steve and Daniel if you want to bring up arrogance.

The question of working with ammo clubs can be answered by didn't Werribee just come across to the WRFL? And why work with any entity that has said time and time again it will never play in the WRFL? Your ex and current president have both said you will never join the WRFL so why should the league waste it's time when it has a club was than 1 KM away

I personally wouldn't let your juniors play in the league if your seniors don't but that is a personal opinion, I think the WRFL have been quite reasonable in this point seeing the continued diatribe that comes out of your club directed at the WRFL

The biggest mistake the WRFL have made in my opinion is not having a much closer eye on all it's clubs and left then completely autonomous. This is the reason clubs are throwing money out with little regard because they have no consequences.

The arrogance of some people running clubs is the reason they fail, throwing money around they personally know they have no direct account to.

I've raised this with them and ask how a man that was sacked from his last club due to his absolute incompetence at best and thievery at worst can now be running the financials of another club?

So don't think I condone all the league does because I do not[/QUOTE]

Diatribe? The only one talking is me. Care to elaborate, so I can put your records straight.

As stated previously, we now have an excellent relationship with the WRFL, with our current situation, which benefits both parties.

Do we want to leave the ammos? Not at this moment, but who know what will be the thoughts of the next president?

We have been extremely well treated by the VAFA, and the competition is well ran and being a point of difference, suits our club. At this point of time.

As for Steve and I assume Daniel Fraser who you are referring to, did what the members of thier club asked them to do, and fought like hell for that club and what it believed in, and were proven to be right in the courts of AFLVIC.

Any club would have been lucky to have one of them represent them. It's probably why one is now the development coach of a VFL club, and the other the first life member of a club that Is one of the largest in western suburbs with arguably the best facilities over the western suburbs.

And you haven't said what your role is Hayden. Just said you work for WRFL.

I would be keen to know exactly what your role is, title etc. So I know if we are having relevant conversation.

And you haven't said what your role is Hayden. Just said you work for WRFL.

I would be keen to know exactly what your role is, title etc. So I know if we are having relevant conversation.

No Daniel I never said I work for the WRFL because I do not.

I do have an advisory role along with two other fine gentlemen this year in a purely volunteer agreement with the league, which will see us attending all div 3 teams several times at training, commitee meetings and games.

As I'm now basically retired I have the time and the desire to help if I can

Now for the 1000 time

Your reason for making third division WRFL forum your sounding board for your clear agenda against the league?

And yes it is an agenda Daniel, you spend more time in here than your own VAFA forum.

Can it be as simple as you feel your club is the innocent victim on the WRFL and it's stipulations when your club started to join them? And if so why do you care because you state continually that PC are more than happy to play in the VAFA so therefore didn't the WRFL in fact help your club end up where you want to be?

Or do you expect them to roll over and give you all you want in an attempt to win you over and get you to finally join? When every official at your club has said that will never happen

I don't know the entire details to the reasons that PC didn't join but I'm sure there are two sides to the story and I won't ask your biased side here because to be honest I don't care.

All I know is that I believe PC could have been an enormous club in one of the fastest growth areas in Australia and now it will forever be a lover divison VAFA club stuck out west basically alone that does disappoint me

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No Daniel I never said I work for the WRFL because I do not.

I do have an advisory role along with two other fine gentlemen this year in a purely volunteer agreement with the league which will see is attending all div 3 teams several times at training, commitee meetings and games.

As I'm now basically retired I have the time and the desire to help if I can

Now for the 1000 time

Your reason for making third division WRFL forum your sounding board for your clear agenda against the league?

And yes it is an agenda Daniel, you spend ore time in here than your own VAFA forum.

Can it be as simple as you feel your club is the innocent victim on the WRFL and it's stipulations when your club started to join them? And if so why do you care because you state continually that PC are more than happy to play on the VAFA so therefore didn't the WRFL in fact help your club end up where you want to be?

Or do you expect them to roll over and give you all you want in an attempt to win you over and get you to finally join?

I don't know the entire details to the reasons that PC didn't join but I'm sure there are two sides to the story and I won't ask your biased side here coz to be honest I don't care.

All I know is that I believe PC could have been an enormous club in one of the fastest growth areas in Australia and now it will forever be a lover divison VAFA club stuck out west basically alone that does disappoint me

Don't lose any sleep mate.

Because we don't. we know our club will be around for a long while yet.

But I'm worried that your worried by my comments, since you clearly don't care as stated.

Most of my posts are not in anyway detrimental to any individual or club, and of actual concern about the competition that most of our members participate in.

Now why am I posting more on here than other divisions. I post on all three, and have for best part of 10 years. The topics of conversation dictate where i post. So that is entirely coincidence.

Issues that affect local football, not league specific, can be discussed in any public forum. So I don't see your issue.

And clearly your attempt to make my initial post today irrelevant backfired. As I had the facts you were adamant I didn't........

Hayden Post, if you are who you say you are, then feel free to come and advise us all at PCFC into the power house club you think we can be? I'll even shout you a beer and a meal. This shouldn't be an issue for you as your retired.

This is a friendly invitation. It's how we roll at PCFC.

But I'm worried that your worried by my comments, since you clearly don't care as stated.

Most of my posts are not in anyway detrimental to any individual or club, and of actual concern about the competition that most of our members participate in.

Now why am I posting more on here than other divisions. I post on all three, and have for best part of 10 years. The topics of conversation dictate where i post. So that is entirely coincidence.

Issues that affect local football, not league specific, can be discussed in any public forum. So I don't see your issue.

And clearly your attempt to make my initial post today irrelevant backfired. As I had the facts you were adamant I didn't........

Hayden Post, if you are who you say you are, then feel free to come and advise us all at PCFC into the power house club you think we can be? I'll even shout you a beer and a meal. This shouldn't be an issue for you as your retired.

I don't presume to think I can advise anyone what to do and we are not advising any club what to do either

We have been asked to go to clubs and take a look at what they are doing and then return to the WRFL and advise them of what we see.

We have no power and no input into any decisions made.

And your "facts" were incorrect in your initial post as at no time was any clubs financial position discussed on Tuesday other than Parkside.

There may have been discussion after the meeting but there was certainly none during and anyone there can support that and therefore debunk your so called "fact".

You can't even admit your own agenda when it's clear you have one so I will end my discussion with you now as I see it going nowhere.

Good luck to you and your club I wish you all the best in the VAFA for many many years to come

And thankyou for your kind invite, I will indeed take you up on that beverage and come and say hello when I can get to one of your games.

I will intervene with a bit of humour as people on here wont read this type of discussion. All I will say is I hope Posty has settled down a bit with age, otherwise the bar might be renamed the swing & duck bar.
Heard this lingo from someone on this thread and liked it so much I was waiting to use that line..Lol

PS: I know you said you played 150 games (which is a good effort) but Post was pretty tough (but fair) and can handle himself well.. Only buy him 1 beer not to many.. Lol

Hi Guys, I've just had a quick look at the board of the WRFL, and with all due respect to those volunteers (I assume this is an unpaid position), I think this is where the problem lies. Aside from Terry McGarity and the guy from Altona, none of the other members are really in touch with the local clubs, and what it is like out there in a tough market with lots of competition for players, support staff and sponsors.

The WRFL needs to reach out to the clubs and try to attract the best people from a broad range of clubs - strongest to weakest - and form some sort of sub committee to brainstorm what has and hasn't worked over the years, and formulate a plan moving forward. One way of attracting people from club land, may be to offer reduced fees to their home club for their participation on the committee. They need to try something, as whatever they are doing at the moment, doesn't seem to be working judging on the posts on these pages, the demise of Parkside and other 'older' clubs, and the inability to attract clubs currently in the VAFA, but right in the heart of WRFL territory.

Being devil's advocate for a moment, are there too many clubs in the WRFL at the moment?

Good on the league for trying to expand & be stronger but new clubs like Sanctuary Lakes, Tarneit, Wyndam Vale but do you realise that there are 12 clubs over 3 different leagues within a 6km radius of Hopper Crossing. Some probably within walking distance of each other competing for the same players & same sponsors. No wonder there's so much player transfers from within & so many financially struggling clubs

Being devil's advocate for a moment, are there too many clubs in the WRFL at the moment?

Good on the league for trying to expand & be stronger but new clubs like Sanctuary Lakes, Tarneit, Wyndam Vale but do you realise that there are 12 clubs over 3 different leagues within a 6km radius of Hopper Crossing. Some probably within walking distance of each other competing for the same players & same sponsors. No wonder there's so much player transfers from within & so many financially struggling clubs
You have hit the nail on the head when you said the amount of clubs within the radius remember though the problem will still be there even if they register with another league as far as sponsors player's etc is concerned what the league should have done is place clubs strategically where there would have been strong numbers per club both juniors and seniors and the amounts of income would not have changed that much to the league because of numbers at the clubs everyone would have had a bite of the cherry and you wouldn't have clubs struggling for money in those areas where with the older clubs they should do more to promote aussie rules at schools they should run clinics at these primary /secondary school's with players from local clubs so the kids have someone to relate to when they go and watch a game i hope the people who are going around to the club's see the lack of juniors that are not playing football and by promoting auskick on social media just doesn't cut it especially when their parents are 1st generation migrants in this country and they live in the older areas of our community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back