WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowie divvy 3 gf preview first round gunna be a belter haha just kidding but seriously bit of a joke tho parkside feel for em as a club but the league couldnt have got it more wrong feel for the sunny heights personel. But in any case we will see what albanvale are really made of rd 1 and see how parkside will fair if they win it will they go to div 2 may just pull the pin after that.

I'm fine with Parkside dropping down and the stipulations. Still think they shouldn't play for points this season but see how they go

Everyone has to relax. Parkside won't even field a side and will board up the windows in a week or 2. Who is there coach? That's right don't have 1. Hardly any committee members and have a dozen players left. Goodbye Parkside

I was at meeting last night 24 people present 14 players all seconds players apart from fluffy who will go to mt pleasant with 4 others. No coach as yet will be on website at 9am Monday so says president.
How can the club recruit minimum 40 footballers in two weeks?
Only 5 people on committee
No preseason
Mark my words the club will unfortunately fold before Easter it's a crying shame but that's what happens when there is no forward planning.

10 k to coach 3rd div footy?

Who are they hiring ? Leigh Matthews
40k budget?? Only one team would be paying close to that so why should The Parkers be allowed too?

Zero budget is only fair

They are struggling for players and money why should they be allowed to spend money when they back in 3rd div so they don't fold.

The league has allowed them to play 3rd div that's compensation enough they don't then have to help them be competitive

Yeah I know it might sound a lot but it's only $500 a week and that's not including the pre season, calling players etc. People don't coach for nothing..
Do you think Alan Williams, Rob Scardamaglia and the likes coached Albanvale for nothing. You must be kidding boys.. This is just an example I thought off. Neither had any previous ties with the club..

What are the budgets of most teams?
What are the coaches getting?

PS: I was only stating my views of around 40k for a budget. I could be wrong but it was an estimate boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matthew Stoodley at Suns would be on around 10k after bringing players and premiership success to first year club.

There is something on the local footy web site about Parkside playing div3 and they might forfeit some reserves games.
It states all div3 presidents supported the move.. Interesting..

Matthew Stoodley at Suns would be on around 10k after bringing players and premiership success to first year club.

Cheers mate,
It's a big job coaching and in div3 you probably actually do more than the higher divisions as their isn't as much support around. I believe for div3 10k is reasonable as its double and more in the higher divisions depending on your credentials..
Maybe someone might coach div3 for less than 10k but definitely not for nothing, as its a lot of hours and goes from Nov till Sep. Lets be serious here..

Yeah I know it might sound a lot but it's only $500 a week and that's not including the pre season, calling players etc. People don't coach for nothing..
Do you think Alan Williams, Rob Scardamaglia and the likes coached Albanvale for nothing. You must be kidding boys.. This is just an example I thought off. Neither had any previous ties with the club..

What are the budgets of most teams?
What are the coaches getting?

PS: I was only stating my views of around 40k for a budget. I could be wrong but it was an estimate boys.

Turbo you have got some good conversation going on bigfooty but you are way off the mark here. A club is in strife and you think that it is reasonable to just spend 40K in Div 3? My club was in Div 1 not that long ago for 4 seasons and never spent $40k once!!

On the coaching front if a club has been around 100 years and in a time of absolute crisis cant find one loyal club man to put his hand up and do the job for nothing (or a small nominal fee like $2K - $3K to cover his expenses ) then they have been doing something wrong.

Will now be interesting to see how many other clubs who are struggling for numbers get given the same lifeline as Parkside. I think in a few years time we might have a Division one with about 5 teams, no division 2 and about 20 teams in Division 3!!!!

Some of you guys would think that Essendon FC had been relegated to Div 3 with the way you carry on! Why always the victim and sooking? Why not deal what is given to you and rise above it? If you go for a job interview and a better applicant comes along at last minute and is better than you do you 'deserve' the job? Fair dinkum the club is on it's knees with no pre-season to speak of and you guys are all set and you start sooking before a ball has been bounced... Unreal!
You really love yourself don't you JT!
the split was to make it even for less talented players have a crack at a premiership & stop a few teams getting belted week in week out- so that's why everyone's sooking- you think it's far JT if they come down & win a flag?

You really love yourself don't you JT!
the split was to make it even for less talented players have a crack at a premiership & stop a few teams getting belted week in week out- so that's why everyone's sooking- you think it's far JT if they come down & win a flag?
Who's JT? Don't know where loving self comes into this? But here goes... You are one of those guys that thinks everyone deserves a prize in pass the parcel.... Participation doesn't deserve an equal prize to the winner. Just as a dole bludger doesn't deserve to make as much money as someone that elects to work a 10 hour day 6 days a week... Get into the real world sometime knackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back