WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The league has made there decision and most out there disagree while 1 or 2 do agree about Parkside being in div 3....there is no turning back so lets talk about the 2015 div 3 football season which is only 17 days away.

the league only made the decison because they want to have the 3 divisions, the way some clubs are going off field it will be back to 2 divisons in the future unless new clubs join the WRFL.

Actually if you check out the post again -

Looking at the bigger picture, survival of a club outweighs the agenda of most posters here. Div 3 is designed to give clubs a leg up when they need it. Parkside NEED a leg up & if it saves a club then it's the correct decision.

Weather the guys who left are correct or not - you've gotta see that the league is better not letting teams fold
I don't understand how you're unable to field a side in div 1, but are able to now field a side in div 3??? Will you not be fielding a reserves side? If you're able to get 2 sides on the Park every Saturday then I don't see why this "special relegation" has happened...

Its an interesting one, where both parties are wrong and right.

Legally the suns are the club that technically won the flags, however the spirit of the old club has gone with the new club, with the Suns having a new feel about them.

Hard to say who is going to be better, Westbourne Grammanians is well ran, however Wyndham Suns have a junior program....

Imagine the angst if them two play each other in a praccy.....

The premiership cups say "Westbourne" not the suns
The people who run the suns from OW are total wanks anyway

As far as I am aware mercenaries left the club to go to rival clubs for $$$ and long time players retired after winning a flag which is common course..

Uncertainty within the group caused a change in coach and the situation last week was - either parkside fold or play d3

I don't agree with players walking for coin.. I think it's b/s - but the club and league met to discuss the most sustainable future..

I know $ offers to players weren't low ball, there was no instability in the rooms - but when one or two go disloyal mercenaries follow path...

Coach is a very professional based guy who wants to build another tilt at d1. If he's supporting d3 for a rebuild, then there's method to the decision..

I've been reading all this stuff as its a bit slow at work today. I must comment on this post.
Point 1 - Players walked for more coin.. Oh my!! This is the nature of footy and you probably recruited some of these so called "mercanaries" from other clubs with offers of money..
Point 2 - You sacked your coach a couple of months out from the start of the season! Was this due to player uncertainty? Or club internal issues in that they shafted him??
Point 3 - it would appear you recruited players that didn't want to play div1, but the plan was to win the premiership. This is not very smart planning..
Point 4 - now you want to build another tilt at div1. How is this going to happen? What year have you planned to play div1? Would be very interested to hear this??

Good luck to all div3 sides!!

Howdy lads I'm the new Parkside coach just want to settle the whole caper with Parkside15 and everyone else.

It's of my opinion that the club will be competitive in D3 and the group of players that I have met and have had a chance to chat to, will be keen to pull the club from its current situation.

The past is the past and were dealt a set of cards we need to play.

I welcome the criticism of all the clubs as its not the ideal situation for you guys to compete with what you see as a major threat.

Enough of the name calling, dribble talk and let's get into the last few weeks before round 1.

Howdy lads I'm the new Parkside coach just want to settle the whole caper with Parkside15 and everyone else.

It's of my opinion that the club will be competitive in D3 and the group of players that I have met and have had a chance to chat to, will be keen to pull the club from its current situation.

I welcome the criticism of all the clubs as its not the ideal situation for you guys to compete with what you see as a major threat.

Enough of the name calling, dribble talk and let's get into the last few weeks before round 1.

Congrats on the appointment Nathan

May I ask you two questions I think may be big issues for the league

1- Are the guys playing in the WRFL intra league game playing for Parkside this year?

2-What type of reaction do you expect from all clubs if you smack Albanvale round 1?

I will admit that I believe you should be allowed to play div 3 but not quality for finals this year so I will put that out there so there is no confusion

In all honesty Nath do you honestly agree you's should be in div3 and not div2 ?while the likes of sunny heights are on struggle street and on their knees. Seens you's win the div 2 flag and can't field a side for div1 the obvious decision would be to keep Parkside in div2 and put sunny heights in div3,do u agree Nath b ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legitimate question, have the WRFL commenced talks of any sort discussing a clause that would see you elevated and a d2 side relegated should you absolutely decimate the competition in the first few rounds and a straggler such as Sunny Heights get hammered in d2?

No one ever gave 2 shits about sides like braybrook,lavo,nth sunshine continuously getting flogged in div 2 for years!! Hope all of the div 3 sides beat Parkside comfortably! Give them their right wack!

Hope use cop a belting round 1 through to round 18 it's what use deserve #scumbags

Hope use cop a belting round 1 through to round 18 it's what use deserve #scumbags

Geez I probably wouldn't go that far... Situation far from ideal but I never had any issues with parkside when they were opponents.... Lot of clubs out there I hate more than parkside

No one ever gave 2 shits about sides like braybrook,lavo,nth sunshine continuously getting flogged in div 2 for years!! Hope all of the div 3 sides beat Parkside comfortably! Give them their right wack!
Geez I probably wouldn't go that far... Situation far from ideal but I never had any issues with parkside when they were opponents.... Lot of clubs out there I hate more than parkside
yeah, scumbags is a bit over the top..

G'day Nath,
It's great you have jumped onto big footy has provided some of your views.
Can I ask you a couple of questions:
1- are you a Parkside person or new to the club?
Why do i ask this? I was under the intention that Parkside was not going to spend much money this year and therefore get a coach from within, but I guess you will be paid to coach. As in some of my earlier posts I believe all coaches should be paid as there is a lot involved.
2- Will you be recruiting players and offering them money? Or are you intending to coach players that are already there? I assume you will have to convince some decent players to come across.
If so then depending on the quality and the budget you could be spending the biggest budget in div3.

This will cause div3 clubs to go ape s###..

Good luck with everything.,

Fair point there Votegetters.. Wondering if any club person mentioned this in the meetings with league..

Fair point there Votegetters.. Wondering if any club person mentioned this in the meetings with league..
Yeah not too sure, would hope so.. the Brookers haven't beaten Parkside since juniors in 1997, watch out for them this year if they get a win over them! Sheppa will give his greatest goal celebration the wrfl has ever seen! Haha

Yeah not too sure, would hope so.. the Brookers haven't beaten Parkside since juniors in 1997, watch out for them this year if they get a win over them! Sheppa will give his greatest goal celebration the wrfl has ever seen! Haha

Better still why don't Parkside play on Sunday's and Sheppa can coach both sides as he did play the majority of his footy with both clubs..

Well well done Nath on the role and best wishes.

One word of advice as you have already been hit with a barrage of crap questions, innuendo and the like...
Get on here and just stick to your own items of discussion and answer what you want on your terms or you will be hammered from pillar to post but some absolute brainless twits.
Use it for good and try and steer clear of devaluing what momentous task you have ahead of you and never try to please all.
Stick to your guns and don't let the bottom of the barrel blokes bring you down.

Best wishes!

How have the suns been dragged into this comment?

I know a couple of their ex altona blokes and their coach and as far as they say they don't think they will win a flag this year so where are they going?

Albanvale and Sanctuary lakes must be flag favs simply on money spent, and no guys I don't believe either club are spending only a little as the players they have picked up play for $$ not love in most cases.

Suns are exactly were they belong as a start up club and if they are honest will probably be there at least a couple years to build not like others throwing cash around to match their egos because they don't like being a div 3 club and that's exactly what they are right now.

Comparing the Parker's to the suns is stupid, one is a club that's players jumped ship and the other is equivalent to Tarneit last year.

And isn't div 3 a launching pad for every club in it?

spending under 20k makes u favorites? give it a spell mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back