WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parkside aren't targeting recruits, splashing cash or aiming to bow anyone off the planet. It's a rebuild process and the coach has outlined his plans already. The group are made up based upon a select few the coach can bring (not VFL players, coach is VFL experienced to correct the earlier posts) and carrying through the remaining list from 14'

Who in any sane mind could actually think Parkside will be dominant with the exodus of 15+ Premiership players? It's a complete unknown for us and given the first session under coach was last night, there's a lot of work to be done.

I'll say it again, were taking it as a compliment to think your all sooking about us already!

I didn't mean they are clear favs I meant they should be due to the money they have both spent

I rate albanvale favs and the rest to catch them, can't include parkside at moment, no idea who they have yet.

I hear nothing but drama coming out of braybrook and sanctuary who most think will be closest rivals
how much u reakon we spend?

Instead of defeatist attitudes and sooking, clubs should see it as an opportunity to play against quality sides and improve their ability, learn from clubs who've been in the position we all want to be in and test yourselves..

Look at clubs from non divisional leagues like Keysborough, Hampton Park in Casey - getting toweled by 100 a week and no hope of relegation promotion to rebuild. Parkside could have played div2 and been one of those sides, chewed up their local talent and lost the club to an overpopulated area infested with more clubs than postcodes...

I'm more than happy to argue the positive massively outweighs the negatives to this and am taking it as a compliment to think your all putting the cue in the rack against us already!
No one is putting the cue in the rack just don't treat others/clubs with content bringing other suburbs/leagues into the equation does not justify what has happened and i beg you to differ i am glad you are a staunch supporter and clubs need people like yourself but what would have happened if the shoe was on the foot what will you be saying l have never said for parkside or any club to fold and it would be sad if it ever did happen but they should have not been placed by the league in div3 they should have stayed in div2 that is my only issue

The suns are Old Westbourne.

The Westbourne grammanians are technically a new club, however have the old jumper and play at the school.

The suns effectively the junior club of Westbourne, as they split, and 12 months later they have a senior side.

Hey I knew if find a question you would be helpful for

Why did they split?

Gbf50 has denied that this request ever occurred...

Offseason storm your fascination with me and my club was flattering for while but you have become a borderline stalker. Why dont you toddle off to the VAFA or WRFL junior threads where your club participates.

I am not on the committee at Heights so cannot confirm either way if an official request was made to change divisions.

I do know that straight after the season last year we knew we were in some trouble and an approach was made to the league to make them aware of our situation and put forward a few different scenarios. One of these scenarios was a move back to Div 3. This was knocked on the head completely and we were told that it was not an option.

The club then held a meeting of past and present members to discuss where we were at and what our next move should be and although there were many different opinions it was agreed that we should do what we could to continue in Div 2.

Hey I knew if find a question you would be helpful for

Why did they split?

School kicked kids off the school. One part of the club took the opportunity to embrace the community, and the old scholars didn't want to lose their identity.

I'm sure your Suns contacts can fill you in on the details. Suns were meant to field seniors in DIV4 ammos last year, but couldn't get numbers up.

Parkside aren't targeting recruits, splashing cash or aiming to bow anyone off the planet. It's a rebuild process and the coach has outlined his plans already. The group are made up based upon a select few the coach can bring (not VFL players, coach is VFL experienced to correct the earlier posts) and carrying through the remaining list from 14'

Who in any sane mind could actually think Parkside will be dominant with the exodus of 15+ Premiership players? It's a complete unknown for us and given the first session under coach was last night, there's a lot of work to be done.

I'll say it again, were taking it as a compliment to think your all sooking about us already!

Why not just stay in Div 2?

School kicked kids off the school. One part of the club took the opportunity to embrace the community, and the old scholars didn't want to lose their identity.

I'm sure your Suns contacts can fill you in on the details. Suns were meant to field seniors in DIV4 ammos last year, but couldn't get numbers up.

Like most suns people will have a biased side of the story

So the "new" Westbourne don't have juniors?

Offseason storm your fascination with me and my club was flattering for while but you have become a borderline stalker. Why dont you toddle off to the VAFA or WRFL junior threads where your club participates.

I am not on the committee at Heights so cannot confirm either way if an official request was made to change divisions.

I do know that straight after the season last year we knew we were in some trouble and an approach was made to the league to make them aware of our situation and put forward a few different scenarios. One of these scenarios was a move back to Div 3. This was knocked on the head completely and we were told that it was not an option.

The club then held a meeting of past and present members to discuss where we were at and what our next move should be and although there were many different opinions it was agreed that we should do what we could to continue in Div 2.
So it was asked of the league and it was knocked back and yet a team that has competed in x amount of finals in div2 won a flag last year spent x amount to play in the finals and grand final winning it last year gets preference over heights

Instead of defeatist attitudes and sooking, clubs should see it as an opportunity to play against quality sides and improve their ability, learn from clubs who've been in the position we all want to be in and test yourselves..

Look at clubs from non divisional leagues like Keysborough, Hampton Park in Casey - getting toweled by 100 a week and no hope of relegation promotion to rebuild. Parkside could have played div2 and been one of those sides, chewed up their local talent and lost the club to an overpopulated area infested with more clubs than postcodes...

I'm more than happy to argue the positive massively outweighs the negatives to this and am taking it as a compliment to think your all putting the cue in the rack against us already!

Its not about putting the cue in the rack and thinking parkside is gonna dominate.
Its just ridiculous that parkside have let this happen (and lets be honest this is 100% parksides doing) so why should parkside get help form the league and be slotted in div 3 when teams are struggling like sunshine heights, who have done nothing wrong and should be in div 3.

Like laverton magpies says its all about forward planning, which obviously didn't happen at parkside and now because of parksides actions, other clubs have to suffer

So it was asked of the league and it was knocked back and yet a team that has competed in x amount of finals in div2 won a flag last year spent x amount to play in the finals and grand final winning it last year gets preference over heights

Just to be clear it was never officially requested (to my knowledge). it was simply raised as a "what if" along with a number of other "what if" suggestions.

I personally do not agree with Parkside going into Div 3 but understand that the priority is ensuring a club does not fold. From where I sit they should have been left in DIV 2 where I am fairly sure they would cop a few hidings but survived and the spot in Div 3 should have been offered to Heights. Technically we finished last in Division 2 last season so I am sure that the it would have been easier for other Div 3 clubs to accept.

The suns are Old Westbourne.

The Westbourne grammanians are technically a new club, however have the old jumper and play at the school.

The suns effectively the junior club of Westbourne, as they split, and 12 months later they have a senior side.

where did the senior players remain of Old Westbourne ? Playing at Westbourne Grammanians or playing at Wyndham Suns?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

albanvale
pack of winnie blues every game for every senior player thats like what 18x22x18 rounds assuming you don't play finals lets assume you do so 18x22x21 = 8k in winnie blues
then your coach gets a slab of VB and a pack of winnie blues thats 62x21 = 1k in coach payments

so roughly 9k

Thanks table tennis. Thoughts on some teams having 2 extra home games and some having 2 extra away games? Will this have affect teams budgets for paying players? If so will it be evened out next season?

Such a shame that such an old club has got itself in this position. At least if sides beat them it will make the win all the more enjoyable. I still remember watching Laverton seniors beat Parkside round 1 a few years ago and was possibly one of the most enjoyable games of local footy I have watched.

Thanks table tennis. Thoughts on some teams having 2 extra home games and some having 2 extra away games? Will this have affect teams budgets for paying players? If so will it be evened out next season?

Such a shame that such an old club has got itself in this position. At least if sides beat them it will make the win all the more enjoyable. I still remember watching Laverton seniors beat Parkside round 1 a few years ago and was possibly one of the most enjoyable games of local footy I have watched.
I remember that day well... Was the best coaching win I have been involved with... Blokes listened and actually worked hard to make that happen.

best local footy match ive ever watched was deer park vs yarraville seddon sea eagles last year what a ferocious contest

How have the suns been dragged into this comment?

I know a couple of their ex altona blokes and their coach and as far as they say they don't think they will win a flag this year so where are they going?

Albanvale and Sanctuary lakes must be flag favs simply on money spent, and no guys I don't believe either club are spending only a little as the players they have picked up play for $$ not love in most cases.

Suns are exactly were they belong as a start up club and if they are honest will probably be there at least a couple years to build not like others throwing cash around to match their egos because they don't like being a div 3 club and that's exactly what they are right now.

Comparing the Parker's to the suns is stupid, one is a club that's players jumped ship and the other is equivalent to Tarneit last year.

And isn't div 3 a launching pad for every club in it?
What players are u referring to that chase coin? Cos I don't think there is many of them in div 3 and at SL & albanvale

where did the senior players remain of Old Westbourne ? Playing at Westbourne Grammanians or playing at Wyndham Suns?

Seniors and Reserves mostly joined new club Grammanians, u/19's down stayed with Suns.

It will be interesting who claims the history, as technically the Suns and Old Westbourne are one and the same. Old Westbourne won 2 flags in the ammos.

Of course you see the positives. YOUR club wont cop the 100 point hidings every week like Yarraville(D1), Nth Footscray(D1), Sunshine Heights(D1), North Sunshine(D2), Laverton(D2), Tarniet(D2).

If your club couldnt have survived, your club has no heart or soul, and in my eyes doesnt deserve to survive. North Sunhine have been copping floggings for years, yet they manage to put a team on the park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seniors and Reserves mostly joined new club Grammanians, u/19's down stayed with Suns.

It will be interesting who claims the history, as technically the Suns and Old Westbourne are one and the same. Old Westbourne won 2 flags in the ammos.

When the suns took off they took Westbournes premiership trophies and refuse to give them back.
The heart and soul stayed at westbourne and I dare say they will build and be strong than the suns.
Pathetic from the suns board to take off with "their" trophies.
#givethemback

Not to pick to fine a point but shouldn't your club have done exactly that and actually had a crack at div 1 and not just abondon ship ?

Let's be honest the main reason Parkside are struggling for blokes is because most there last year don't want to play div 1, why else would 40 odd blokes walk out?

Your club has gone from probably being smashed week in week out to probably winning another flag so don't expect everyone to be happy with that.

Right or wrong the majority of parkside players from last year failed to do exactly what your having a crack at other clubs about.

There is no way that Parkside should be allowed to compete in finals this year if the WRFL actually made the right decision and many of us have told them that and expressed our disappointment

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back