WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to know whats happening next year with div 2/div3 relegation promotion. If only 1 team goes up to div1 from div2 to make 10 teams and no team comes down and with Sunshine Heights wanting to go down that will leave 6 teams in div2. So does that mean 2 teams from div3 must go up leaving only 7 sides in 2016 in div 3. Any rumour about new sides joining .Maybe Newport Power looking to start a senior team......any answers

Oh my is it possible a side from Newport might re enter the seniors. Good luck playing them.. I only hope things improve otherwise this division will be like the old days of the western suburban league. Does the league want to "bring back the biff". Lol

Here is the answer indies85
3.29 DRUG AND TESTING PENALTIES All WRFL players and officials are bound by the provisions of the AFL Anti-Doping Code

If your not sure of it, please look at the link below
http://www.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL Tenant/AFL/Files/Schedule 6 - National Anti-Doping Code.pdf

Jeeze still a fair can of worms to open! Have any clubs on here been treated to an ASADA education session + had any advice from medical professionals?

Wonder if the leagues going to start shelling out for these sessions because without them, players are more likely naieve to the intricacies of the drug code!

Jeeze still a fair can of worms to open! Have any clubs on here been treated to an ASADA education session + had any advice from medical professionals?

Wonder if the leagues going to start shelling out for these sessions because without them, players are more likely naieve to the intricacies of the drug code!

Hardly worth it, the whole ASADA investigation is due to both having Dank speak at the club as well as one of the teams being coached by Dean Wallis, who was at Essendon whilst Dank was (I'm fairly sure?). As previously mentioned I suspect this is to just try rub him out of the Australian sporting landscape all together, it is a huge burden on non-professional athletes to have to provide samples upon request and answer q's etc and that will probably make him a fairly unpopular person to get at a local club.

There is also a massive cost that would get in the way of common place PED testing in local footy. I have done some basic (and I mean really basic) drug testing stuff in labs before and for a single test you are looking at upwards of $300 (have to factor in both labor and equipment). I suspect that any ASADA case for local footy would have to be done via anecdotal evidence.

Anyone from Lavo able to identify what's going wrong down there? Had such promise against Parkside & SL but now touched up by Braybrook and North?

Hardly worth it, the whole ASADA investigation is due to both having Dank speak at the club as well as one of the teams being coached by Dean Wallis, who was at Essendon whilst Dank was (I'm fairly sure?). As previously mentioned I suspect this is to just try rub him out of the Australian sporting landscape all together, it is a huge burden on non-professional athletes to have to provide samples upon request and answer q's etc and that will probably make him a fairly unpopular person to get at a local club.

There is also a massive cost that would get in the way of common place PED testing in local footy. I have done some basic (and I mean really basic) drug testing stuff in labs before and for a single test you are looking at upwards of $300 (have to factor in both labor and equipment). I suspect that any ASADA case for local footy would have to be done via anecdotal evidence.
shutup i didnt even read what you said beyond "ASADA" irrelevant jibber jabber, Mr T would pity you

Good to see my club notch up a fourth win of the year.
Anyone from Lavo able to identify what's going wrong down there? Had such promise against Parkside & SL but now touched up by Braybrook and North?
maybe nothing is going on down there, maybe they came out to play against sl and parkside or maybe both braybrook and North just played better football to them. Not having a go at you but it just seems everytime North wins ! It must be the other team playing poorly not us playing good footy .

Good to see my club notch up a fourth win of the year.

maybe nothing is going on down there, maybe they came out to play against sl and parkside or maybe both braybrook and North just played better football to them. Not having a go at you but it just seems everytime North wins ! It must be the other team playing poorly not us playing good footy .

I can only comment based upon the fact each game I've seen your club, you've struggled & both games I've seen lavo play they've been super competitive! Not to mention the celebration after they beat lakes, just curious to see how they feel they lost by 50 odd against you guys

F
I can only comment based upon the fact each game I've seen your club, you've struggled & both games I've seen lavo play they've been super competitive! Not to mention the celebration after they beat lakes, just curious to see how they feel they lost by 50 odd against you guys
fair enough mate and again not having a go ... But we have been blown out of the water against both parkside and the Cobras whom those two teams are far and beyond any other team at the moment . Lost to lavo by under a kick last team after scoring 23 behinds ( our fault ) lost to sl by 65 , but where 3 goals behind with about 20 mins to go. Lost to the Suns bu 60 odd first time but where 5 goals down going into the last . We've beaten the brookers twice beat the Suns and now beat lavo... Which games have you watched that we've struggled.... Cause if was a cobra game or a parkside game fair enough... Most mobs struggle against them.

F

fair enough mate and again not having a go ... But we have been blown out of the water against both parkside and the Cobras whom those two teams are far and beyond any other team at the moment . Lost to lavo by under a kick last team after scoring 23 behinds ( our fault ) lost to sl by 65 , but where 3 goals behind with about 20 mins to go. Lost to the Suns bu 60 odd first time but where 5 goals down going into the last . We've beaten the brookers twice beat the Suns and now beat lavo... Which games have you watched that we've struggled.... Cause if was a cobra game or a parkside game fair enough... Most mobs struggle against them.

Yeah I've seen Parkside games & keep an eye on around ground scores.. Im glad that results are coming for you blokes!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely off topic and maybe this is some out loud thinking . I just read a little quote from a bloke from the braybrook football club saying at the start of the year,that albanvale will basically be their only real threat this year,it just showes how quickly things can turn around, poor old braybrook how the mighty have fallen and fallen hard, it also showes that loyalty is a thing off the past! Take albanvale for example they have barely added on their squad from last years side ,probably pay a 1/4 of what the brookers did last year and are odds on favourite to win the flag (rightly so), just showes that with loyalty,commitment,patience and hunger you can go anywhere and do anything. Braybrook have burnt their bridges ,splashed the cash ,bought a flag and now will probably be without success for a long period off time.

Completely off topic and maybe this is some out loud thinking . I just read a little quote from a bloke from the braybrook football club saying at the start of the year,that albanvale will basically be their only real threat this year,it just showes how quickly things can turn around, poor old braybrook how the mighty have fallen and fallen hard, it also showes that loyalty is a thing off the past! Take albanvale for example they have barely added on their squad from last years side ,probably pay a 1/4 of what the brookers did last year and are odds on favourite to win the flag (rightly so), just showes that with loyalty,commitment,patience and hunger you can go anywhere and do anything. Braybrook have burnt their bridges ,splashed the cash ,bought a flag and now will probably be without success for a long period off time.
They wouldn't be worrying yet , they finished 9th last year and won a flag

There is also a lesson to be learnt that it's ok to pay players "but" there must be a limit on what you pay a player at div3 level and stick to your budget.

Ok let's start a conversation on
1- what we think the highest paid player in div3 should be on. Not just WRFL but any leagues equivalent to div3.
2- what should the the salary cap "max" be if they introduce one.

I think
1- Div 3 $300 / Div 2 $600 / Div 1 not capped depending on player.
*plus incentives like top 3 in B&F, or over 5 goals per game if you recruit a top forward in all divisions.

2- Div 3 cap $50-60k max.

There is also a lesson to be learnt that it's ok to pay players "but" there must be a limit on what you pay a player at div3 level and stick to your budget.

Ok let's start a conversation on
1- what we think the highest paid player in div3 should be on. Not just WRFL but any leagues equivalent to div3.
2- what should the the salary cap "max" be if they introduce one.

I think
1- Div 3 $300 / Div 2 $600 / Div 1 not capped depending on player.
*plus incentives like top 3 in B&F, or over 5 goals per game if you recruit a top forward in all divisions.

2- Div 3 cap $50-60k max.
Still decent money you are talking about and buying success cripples club long term for short term fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back