WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tarneit lost by around 4 goals, not bad effort i got to admit against the top of the ladder in Div 2. Supposedly a couple of players from each side were out which could of impacted the game quite a bit.
Burnside has gone through a bit so its not bad that they only lost by 4, Sun should of done more damage.
Having twelve players out for Braybrook doesn't sound good, the more experience with braybrooks full side the better they will go in the long run.
Bray brook wouldn't be the only side to leave players out, or have them unavailable because of cricket this time of year, but I get your point, that surely the coaches would like to see the team gelling at full capacity, or near capacity, to try out combinations etc.

Bray brook wouldn't be the only side to leave players out, or have them unavailable because of cricket this time of year, but I get your point, that surely the coaches would like to see the team gelling at full capacity, or near capacity, to try out combinations etc.

I wouldn't mind knowing these 12 core players missing from braybrook ?
Also are the guys missing for the right reasons or because you don't get paid for practice matches ?

I wouldn't mind knowing these 12 core players missing from braybrook ?
Also are the guys missing for the right reasons or because you don't get paid for practice matches ?
Who cares why they are missing? Lol
Practice matches mate. No trophies in March remember.
It's when they go missing up braybrook way at about round 11-12, or when the money tree is bare, that sorts the jokers from the men.

Burnside Heights, didn't hear final scores, but am told the Suns beat the Bears by around 4 goals
Heard Burnside had picked up a few decent players compared to what they had last year so might not have been a terrible result. Not to mention I would think Suns wouldn't have played close to a full strength side.

Heard Burnside had picked up a few decent players compared to what they had last year so might not have been a terrible result. Not to mention I would think Suns wouldn't have played close to a full strength side.

I've read somewhere that Burnside Heights played Point Cook on the weekend.
Could be wrong though

Braybrook had 12 of there core players out.

To be fair on Braybrook,
Northern saints would pump anyone in WRFL div 3 this year

Very similar to Newport
Hard at the ball and well drilled
Will do well this year

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Northern saints won one game last year by 2 points
And most of there clearances into the club are from that same team the beat
There not that much chop
Jacana will be the Newport of last year in the edfl
And to lose by 25 goals even with half a side is pretty poor
Wait and see but this 3rd spot on the ladder unlikely from my point of view

Burnside seem to have picked up a far few players so maybe an even contest coming from them and the suns game

Northern saints won one game last year by 2 points
And most of there clearances into the club are from that same team the beat
There not that much chop
Jacana will be the Newport of last year in the edfl
And to lose by 25 goals even with half a side is pretty poor
Wait and see but this 3rd spot on the ladder unlikely from my point of view

Burnside seem to have picked up a far few players so maybe an even contest coming from them and the suns game

Troll666,
To be fair i had the same opinion on them over the last few years, but let me say i was at their game on the weekend as a neutral by stander and i was very very very impressed. They are not a div2 club i have been around football long enough to know a team that is on the right path. The game plan stacks up and i think they will battle it out with Jacana also but for you to say " they are not much chop " is totally off the mark.
The will end up being the best drilled team in the division and the rest will come down to talent and a bit of luck.
I can honestly say i will be attending a few of their games this season inc round 2 Vs Jacana played at NS home ground.
The NS are big, strong and fit from what i saw on sunday.
Just to make a small point i walked over to the NS huddle at QTR time i was very impressed by the focus on the playing group i have been told that their bond with the senior coach is a very strong point and the respect for him is outstanding from what i saw, if i was other clubs looking to puoch a fresh / modern coach i would have a look at him i personally dont know his name or anything about him but the changers have been massive.
If they way they played on the weekend was an indercation of how their year will pan out i say " they will be a fair bit of chop, maybe even a primed rib eye 60 days on the bone "

I think there will be a significant improvement from last year for northern saints.

Dropped a division got some more players

Edfl division 2 is better grade of footy than wrfl div 3

Time will tell

How big is the jump from WRFL div 3 to EDFl div 2?

I know that SL played Burnside last pre season and beat them comprehensively also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Troll666,
To be fair i had the same opinion on them over the last few years, but let me say i was at their game on the weekend as a neutral by stander and i was very very very impressed. They are not a div2 club i have been around football long enough to know a team that is on the right path. The game plan stacks up and i think they will battle it out with Jacana also but for you to say " they are not much chop " is totally off the mark.
The will end up being the best drilled team in the division and the rest will come down to talent and a bit of luck.
I can honestly say i will be attending a few of their games this season inc round 2 Vs Jacana played at NS home ground.
Just to make a small point i walked over to the NS huddle at QTR time i was very impressed by the focus on the playing group i have been told that their bond with the senior coach is a very strong point and the respect for him is outstanding from what i saw, if i was other clubs looking to puoch a fresh / modern coach i would have a look at him i personally dont know his name or anything about him but the changers have been massive.
If they way they played on the weekend was an indercation of how their year will pan out i say " they will be a fair bit of chop, maybe even a primed rib eye 60 days on the bone "

It's so obvious you're from NS. They're all you talk about on BF and you sure do know a lot about them.

It's all good though. I hope they do well !!

How big is the jump from WRFL div 3 to EDFl div 2?

I know that SL played Burnside last pre season and beat them comprehensively also.

Burnside lost most if not all games by 100+ pts in Edfl Third Div over the last few years.

Not a good form gauge for practice match oppo teams.

It's so obvious you're from NS. They're all you talk about on BF and you sure do know a lot about them.

To be honest I'm a committee member of a club in the NFL, just passing comment that's all.
I have some sort of interest in div2 EDFL due to c. Cloke playing in the comp and also like the underdog story of the NS .
A club that played perimer league , won a div1 flag and has been relegated twice in two years I thought most people around the local traps would pay attention to see how a small club can get through it and keep going for mine that draws my attention.
So once again I am not on here to fude or put anyone off side I just think the story behind it all is worth watching unfold.

Fawkus from North Sunshine. He was a Div 3 League Team Of The Year recipient

I think there will be a significant improvement from last year for northern saints.

Dropped a division got some more players

Edfl division 2 is better grade of footy than wrfl div 3

Time will tell

Agree 100% with this statement. EDFL Div 2 is definitely a higher level. And Northern Saints have collected a lot of young blokes as well, not sure about the quality, but in that division, fitness and a will to compete will get you half way there. I heard a few blokes over from Hadfield, but haven't seen their list either to be fair. Still, they were a Premier Division club only a few years ago.

I'm a NS person and truthfully we can't take much out of that game due to the one sided nature of the senior game

We probably had 3-4 automatic senior players out but apparently braybrook had 12

Practice matches are very hard to read

I have some sort of interest in div2 EDFL due to c. Cloke playing in the comp and also like the underdog story of the NS .
A club that played perimer league , won a div1 flag and has been relegated twice in two years I thought most people around the local traps would pay attention to see how a small club can get through it and keep going for mine that draws my attention.
So once again I am not on here to fude or put anyone off side I just think the story behind it all is worth watching unfold.

A lot of the credit goes to a particular bloke who I won't name who has worked tirelessly after the previous administration left

Rang hundreds of potential players coaches helpers etc to keep the place running... he's one of the best blokes I've met in local footy... genuinely gives a shit about the players and many of the players stayed loyal to the club due to his presence

It's all slowly coming together... nothing worth doing is easy or happens overnight

A lot of the credit goes to a particular bloke who I won't name who has worked tirelessly after the previous administration left

Rang hundreds of potential players coaches helpers etc to keep the place running... he's one of the best blokes I've met in local footy... genuinely gives a shit about the players and many of the players stayed loyal to the club due to his presence

It's all slowly coming together... nothing worth doing is easy or happens overnight
Every club needs these types to keep the focus headed into the right areas. Plenty of others come and go, but every club has that 1 or 2 that stick strong for years, decades etc, Kudos to this fella.

Troll666,
Got towered all last year and 80% of there recruits are coming from a team that just a little better then them
They might feature in finals but I wouldn't be expecting much from them
And with someone else say they have 3-4 walk ins then it still comes down to my main point of braybrook are going to be no good
The jump wouldn't be over the top but yes edfl 2 better then wrfl 3
But in saying that it would only be the fact the edfl 2 would have more of the Parkside/Newport teams
But they wouldn't be much better

Got towered all last year and 80% of there recruits are coming from a team that just a little better then them
And with someone else say they have 3-4 walk ins then it still comes down to my main point of braybrook are going to be no good
But in saying that it would only be the fact the edfl 2 would have more of the Parkside/Newport teams
Are you associated with a club in the wrfl or the edfl?? Because I'll give you some facts,
The last two premiers in edfl div 2 have come from the teams relegated the previous year. Now I'm not saying Northern will win the flag but you must give the relegated team some credit as the drop is pretty substantial. All their recruits have come from teams in higher divisions......
northern will surprise a few people this year.... gameplan, hunger, youth, skill.

Last edited:

Div 3 Wrfl Top teams are closer to mid rung Edfl Div 2 teams.
Rest of Div 3 Wrfl teams on par with your Burnside Heights, East Sunbury ( of last few years ).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back