• 7. Pinstriped (11) - Ben Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9. Duais (1) - Damien Oliver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tenuous rankings after having a look at todays races

1. Fangirl - Has never raced beyond a mile in open grade and has to be a huge possibility Cotton Wool Waller just sets her for one of the mile races.
2. Alligator Blood - Ticked the 2000m box today by winning well. Form out of the race was questionable but we already know he has a high enough level at his best. As an on speed runner at the Valley will likely start favourite for mine.
3. Gold Trip - If he backs up I think he is the best horse but he will be sitting near last at the Valley and likely running up the back of them like last year.
4. Romantic Warrior - Not getting the juice in the price for his average first up run.
5. Mr Brightside - Has class but dont think he stays 2000m at all.

Confidence levels very low though and in such an open edition feels like we could get a Pinker Pinker, FOO, Shamus Award type winner

Big run Al Riffa behind the Arc fave overnight. Hopefully it was the Goldilocks run that will convince Joseph that the Cox Plate is the best option.

Huge; but yep hopefully not too huge and he stays home for a tilt at Ascot Champions.

TAB have wound him into $15, 365 $34, still $51 there at SPB.

Big run Al Riffa behind the Arc fave overnight. Hopefully it was the Goldilocks run that will convince Joseph that the Cox Plate is the best option.

I mean this is low grade French slowie stuff so I doubt it’s good enough but hopefully they give him a run in proper stuff back in Ireland then bring him down

Huge; but yep hopefully not too huge and he stays home for a tilt at Ascot Champions.

TAB have wound him into $15, 365 $34, still $51 there at SPB.

He would be a 100/1 in a champion. Third there was a total walker. Winner looks the lay of the year in the arc at this stage. This was typical french slowie stuff that is never good enough in oz

The Irish Champion is looking like it will be reasonably stacked this year itself if everything ends up bypassing the Juddmonte. Can't see it getting that close there either

It was a nice enough run for Cox Plate but it wasn't huge by any means. Ace Impact has gone at about 80% first up and the rest of the field was pretty s**t

Yeah this is the kind of French dogshit 3yo only stuff that is never good enough down here.

Yeah this is the kind of French dogshit 3yo only stuff that is never good enough down here.
Past winners of this race include:

Mishriff
Dubai Honour
New Bay
Almanzor

Hardly dog shit. Some very good horses run in this race. Other winners, like Gailo Chop, are not Cox Plate level.

Time will tell how strong this edition. We’ll probably find out how good Al Riffa is in the Irish Champion if he goes there. But let’s face it, he doesn’t need to be a champion to win a Cox Plate.

Let’s not forget that Gold Trip was once a “French slowie”. Another “French slowie”, El Bodegon, was third behind Anamoe (retired) and I’m Thunderstruck (RIP), beaten 3/4 of a length, in last year’s race.

Past winners of this race include:

Mishriff
Dubai Honour
New Bay
Almanzor

Hardly dog s**t. Some very good horses run in this race. Other winners, like Gailo Chop, are not Cox Plate level.

Time will tell how strong this edition. We’ll probably find out how good Al Riffa is in the Irish Champion if he goes there. But let’s face it, he doesn’t need to be a champion to win a Cox Plate.

Let’s not forget that Gold Trip was once a “French slowie”. Another “French slowie”, El Bodegon, was third behind Anamoe (retired) and I’m Thunderstruck (RIP), beaten 3/4 of a length, in last year’s race.

Yeah but he didn’t win.

The French form from also rans in races like this is utter trash mate as I’ve been successfully pointing out in here for years. Feel free to get sucked into it though like all other Aussies seem too

No French 3yo has won the arc since Treve. The French 3yo races by this stage of the year are second tier and for those too scared to take on the real stuff

Sounds like My Prospero’s likely to make the trip. He’s passed the initial vet checks. Nom’d for the Caulfield Cup too, but the Cox Plate seems more likely. Currently $34 on offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he says it's 50-50 between going to France or Aus and it's also 50-50 between CC and CP it's hard to think you are getting any great overs by betting now anyway. Probably safer to just wait till there is a clearer plan and bet more confidently then

When he says it's 50-50 between going to France or Aus and it's also 50-50 between CC and CP it's hard to think you are getting any great overs by betting now anyway. Probably safer to just wait till there is a clearer plan and bet more confidently then
When did he make that comment about it being 50/50 between Aus and France?

He said this in a Racing Post article overnight:

"Dubai Honour is already inked in to go back to Sydney next year but we need two or three horses to go with him. Before then I've put My Prospero in the Cox Plate and Caulfield Cup and he has passed the preliminary veterinary inspections from Racing Victoria."

When did he make that comment about it being 50/50 between Aus and France?

He said this in a Racing Post article overnight:

"Dubai Honour is already inked in to go back to Sydney next year but we need two or three horses to go with him. Before then I've put My Prospero in the Cox Plate and Caulfield Cup and he has passed the preliminary veterinary inspections from Racing Victoria."

Few days ago when he said he definitely wasn't going to the Juddmonte. I'll try to find it later on

Is Globe this year's Western Empire?

Basically 50s into 15s before he has even got to the track this prep. Ridiculous. Yes he is a horse on the up with potential to become a Group horse but ffs they have to actually do some of it first before you are this sort of price in a Cox Plate

Is Globe this year's Western Empire?

Basically 50s into 15s before he has even got to the track this prep. Ridiculous. Yes he is a horse on the up with potential to become a Group horse but ffs they have to actually do some of it first before you are this sort of price in a Cox Plate

No

It's this years Illation

The market likes Al Riffa a hell of a lot more than I thought they would in the Irish Champion

Either they’ve left a zero off or it’s going to be a 3 horse race.

If he is $5 in an Irish champion he should be equal fave in the cox plate

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing WS Cox Plate 2023

Back