• 7. Pinstriped (11) - Ben Allen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9. Duais (1) - Damien Oliver

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Tenuous rankings after having a look at todays races

1. Fangirl - Has never raced beyond a mile in open grade and has to be a huge possibility Cotton Wool Waller just sets her for one of the mile races.
2. Alligator Blood - Ticked the 2000m box today by winning well. Form out of the race was questionable but we already know he has a high enough level at his best. As an on speed runner at the Valley will likely start favourite for mine.
3. Gold Trip - If he backs up I think he is the best horse but he will be sitting near last at the Valley and likely running up the back of them like last year.
4. Romantic Warrior - Not getting the juice in the price for his average first up run.
5. Mr Brightside - Has class but dont think he stays 2000m at all.

Confidence levels very low though and in such an open edition feels like we could get a Pinker Pinker, FOO, Shamus Award type winner

Romantic Warrior is the best horse but HK stars travelling and shitting the bed at short prices has a decent strike rate

Luckily he is running this week so we will find out ahead of time

Luckily he is running this week so we will find out ahead of time

And he will be $1.90 heading forward if he brings his HK form so not going to be much benefit to waiting and seeing.

Would just be rolling the dice on the double if you like him. He won't be winning a CP if he gets rolled in the Turnbull

And he will be $1.90 heading forward if he brings his HK form so not going to be much benefit to waiting and seeing.

Would just be rolling the dice on the double if you like him. He won't be winning a CP if he gets rolled in the Turnbull

The time to back him was when he walked onto the plane but yes if not on already the double is the way to go.

If he has travelled fine it’s going to be a non contest.

No point backing anything else either until the turnbull because your are just hoping he doesn’t run to form

what sites allow you to do the double?

what sites allow you to do the double?

Only Tab and lads I think.

You can get $6.30 on lads which is decent.
$5.25 TAB

Last edited:
Only Tab and lads I think.

You can get $6.30 on lads which is decent.
$5.25 TAB

You can get $12.10 on Lads.

If you don't have an account they do a bonus cash matched up to $150.

Example:
Deposit $50
Get $50 bonus cash

1 x bet of $50 cash @ $6 80 boosted = $340 return

1 x bonus cash bet $50 @ $6.30 = $265 return

$340+$265 = $605 return from a $50 bet, works out at $12.10.

You can get $12.10 on Lads.

If you don't have an account they do a bonus cash matched up to $150.

Example:
Deposit $50
Get $50 bonus cash

1 x bet of $50 cash @ $6 80 boosted = $340 return

1 x bonus cash bet $50 @ $6.30 = $265 return

$340+$265 = $605 return from a $50 bet, works out at $12.10.

Well you can't get $12.10 - you can just get the bet on twice at $6.30

Well yeah but by the same logic you can basically say you can get 2x the price on anything. Its not actually getting better odds its just a a sign up offer for a bonus bet that's not specific to this

Absolutely.

Just if people have missed the boat on the early prices and they are signing up a Lads account to get the $6.80 as opposed to the $5.25 on TAB....

They will effectively be getting $12.10 if they choose to use the bonus cash in conjunction with their cash.

This is all in the context of someone looking to get on with this double.

Absolutely.

Just if people have missed the boat on the early prices and they are signing up a Lads account to get the $6.80 as opposed to the $5.25 on TAB....

They will effectively be getting $12.10 if they choose to use the bonus cash in conjunction with their cash.

This is all in the context of someone looking to get on with this double.

Sure but that is a pretty niche set up and it still doesn't make the odds $12.10 as you are ignoring the value of the bonus bet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure but that is a pretty niche set up and it still doesn't make the odds $12.10 as you are ignoring the value of the bonus bet.

Absolutely it's a niche set up.

Moz was asking where you can get on for this double. The assumption is they are not with Lads, otherwise they already would have checked.

If Moz signs up specifically for this double they will effectively be getting $12.10 if they combine the cash bet with the bonus cash.

I wish I could get on it myself.

Moz was asking where you can get on for this double. The assumption is they are not with Lads, otherwise they already would have checked.

If Moz signs up specifically for this double they will effectively be getting $12.10 if they combine the cash bet with the bonus cash.

If you value the bonus bet at zero then yes

cheers, pretty restricted with lads but was able to get on the double boosted to $6.46

Time to potentially start talking ballots here as I think there could be way more than 14 who want a run this year (pending the potential for RW to go full Dubai Honour on them in the Turnbull).

Raiders
1. RW
2. LI
3. Victoria Road
4. Buckaroo

3yos
5. Milatrizie
6. Steparty
7. King Colorado?
8. Scheelite?

Vets
9. Mr Brightside
10. Alligator Blood
11. Zaaki
12. Think It Over?
13. WAF?
14. Gold Trip?

New Blood

15. Amelia's Jewel
16. Kovalica?
17. Osipenko?
18. Pinstriped?

likes of okebet and betnation allowing the double (rw turnbull +cp) with no reduced odds? will it not be honoured in time?

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing WS Cox Plate 2023

Back