Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infec...d-19-vaccination-case-surveillance-051121.pdf

In the peak fortnight of the outbreak to date (25 August to 7 September), the COVID-19 case rate among 2-dose vaccinated people was 49.5 per 100,000 while in unvaccinated people it was 561 per 100,000, a more than 10-fold difference. The rates of COVID-19 ICU admissions or deaths peaked in the fortnight 8 September to 21 September at 0.9 per 100,000 in 2-dose vaccinated people compared to 15.6 per 100,000 in unvaccinated people, a greater than 16-fold difference.

Last edited:
Is there a point you realise how incredibly stupid what you write actually is, or will you just wallow in your own idiocy indefinitely?

Is there a point you realise how incredibly stupid what you write actually is, or will you just wallow in your own idiocy indefinitely?

Don't blame me. I didn't start the analogy that didn't hold up.
His analogy was in reference to people making stupid choices and dealing with the consequences. I.e not getting vaccinated and potentially getting extremely sick and/or putting other people in danger. You began a slippery slope and started banging on about things that didn’t apply, such as close contacts etc.

His analogy was in reference to people making stupid choices and dealing with the consequences. I.e not getting vaccinated and potentially getting extremely sick and/or putting other people in danger. You began a slippery slope and started banging on about things that didn’t apply, such as close contacts etc.

Not getting vaccinated doesn't put other people in danger. Vaccinated people can get infected and be superspreaders. The argument has become that it prevents the vaccinated getting as sick. It's an individual protective measure.

No. I just find it strange that there has been no condemnation of a genocidal statement that echoes back the social Darwinism of Nazi times.
Again statement is only genocidal in your twisted definition.
Ranks along some members of deaf community who believe cochlear implants are genocide vs the deaf.

Not getting vaccinated doesn't put other people in danger. Vaccinated people can get infected and be superspreaders. The argument has become that it prevents the vaccinated getting as sick. It's an individual protective measure.
don’t get it then. We’ll all support you in that endeavour. Right to the end 👍

Test queues will only get longer with all the interstate visitors going back plus the virus is spreading quickly so there will be thousands of close contacts.
Surely they will get rid of the negative test requirement for travel, as the current situation is nonsense.

You're only allowed entry if you've spent ages queueing up with close contacts and people with symptoms.

There are many ways that people can voluntarily and negatively impact their own health. Obese people, heavy smokers, couch potatoes, people who choose a poor diet. But it is unprecedented that we impose authoritarian measures on those people.

Heavy smokers isn't an analogy that works in your favour. As you can be unvaccinated in a lot more places than you're allowed to smoke, as smoking around others increases the chances of others getting sick.. . And smokers pay an enormous amount of taxes to subsidise the health costs of their decisions. Will you be OK paying the $15000 a year tax for being unvaccinated that heavy smokers pay.

Turns out these things can really highlight the great things in life too. Yes my missus and I spent the day in isolation not seeing kids and family but sister dropped off 2 awesome plates of Christmas lunch, mates dropped off all these amazing craft beers and my stepdaughter gave me a book for Christmas called The Happiest Man On Earth which was so fitting, an absolutely amazing book which I can’t put down. I’m 127 pages deep just today with not much else to do and talk about putting things into perspective!
Makes missing a Christmas lunch with family and being slightly inconvenienced very insignificant in contrast.
If you’re a reader please do yourself a favour!

Merry Christmas to you all!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turns out these things can really highlight the great things in life too. Yes my missus and I spent the day in isolation not seeing kids and family but sister dropped off 2 awesome plates of Christmas lunch, mates dropped off all these amazing craft beers and my stepdaughter gave me a book for Christmas called The Happiest Man On Earth which was so fitting, an absolutely amazing book which I can’t put down. I’m 127 pages deep just today with not much else to do and talk about putting things into perspective!
Makes missing a Christmas lunch with family and being slightly inconvenienced very insignificant in contrast.
If you’re a reader please do yourself a favour!

Merry Christmas to you all!

Wife and I are isolating by choice today (baby is days away), it’s been great!

Its estimated that right now 10 percent of londoners have covid.

that would suggest the daily new infection rate in london is up around 20-100 thousand a day in a population of 8 million. thats the same population as nsw which has an infection rate of probably around 5-10 thousand.

londons hospitals have not been overrun.

this new variant with booster shots is like the flu.

Last edited:
The virus is killing about 1000 Americans a day again, let's say 90% of them are unvaccinated. That's 900 anti-vaxxers getting wiped out each day in the US. I don't want to seem cruel, and I have lost relatives to coronavirus who were good people, but on a big picture level, this is probably a good thing.
Some of your relatives were among the 2000-odd covid-related deaths across Australia? Wow. Up until a week ago I only knew one person who had even been tested, apart from a few who’ve travelled. But my son, who works in a mining-related office, now needs a test at the commencement of every roster change, ie once every ten days.

Remove this Banner Ad

Covid-19 Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Part 5 - Get vaccinated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back