WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion (On FOX8, Kayo and Binge)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this Drew more than happy for him to win the title from Roman if Cody dosent

I wonder if they regret spamming clean wins by Seth over the entire roster in the last few months. How can you main event mania with a match they've done twice in the last few weeks?

I wonder if they regret spamming clean wins by Seth over the entire roster in the last few months. How can you main event mania with a match they've done twice in the last few weeks?
you would need to put a fancy stipulation like last man standing etc.

you would need to put a fancy stipulation like last man standing etc.

Read a few people suggesting a triple threat with Drew, Seth and Sami, playing up Sami as the underdog story. Has the advantage that it would allow some cover for Seth's injury.

Don't mind that, as someone still annoyed with how badly they failed to capitalise on Zayn's popularity post RR last year. You could get a great scene on the Raw / SD after Mania where Roman freaks out seeing both Zayn and Cody with belts and him beltless.

I am starting to get a little bit concerned at the lack of star power potentially for Elimination Chamber, but I think they can still build a decent card.

Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton

Rhea Ripley vs Nia Jax

Cody Rhodes & Jey Uso vs Jimmy Uso & Solo Sikoa

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens

LA Knight vs AJ Styles

Drew McIntyre vs Sami Zayn vs Bronson Reed vs Finn Balor vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Damian Priest

Becky Lynch vs Naomi vs Liv Morgan vs Shayna Baszler vs Zoey Stark vs Indi Hartwell

You could do the Grayson Waller Effect and have The Rock come out and confront him, remember WA Government paid money specifically for The Rock.

I am starting to get a little bit concerned at the lack of star power potentially for Elimination Chamber, but I think they can still build a decent card.

Roman Reigns vs Randy Orton

Rhea Ripley vs Nia Jax

Cody Rhodes & Jey Uso vs Jimmy Uso & Solo Sikoa

Logan Paul vs Kevin Owens

LA Knight vs AJ Styles

Drew McIntyre vs Sami Zayn vs Bronson Reed vs Finn Balor vs Shinsuke Nakamura vs Damian Priest

Becky Lynch vs Naomi vs Liv Morgan vs Shayna Baszler vs Zoey Stark vs Indi Hartwell

You could do the Grayson Waller Effect and have The Rock come out and confront him, remember WA Government paid money specifically for The Rock.
no, they paid specifically for a show and tourism. whether the Rock is part of that remains to be seen

no, they paid specifically for a show and tourism. whether the Rock is part of that remains to be seen
There were also reports that they went out of their way to pay extra specifically for The Rock to show up in any capacity. Even if it's for just a short interaction with someone or a promo.

There were also reports that they went out of their way to pay extra specifically for The Rock to show up in any capacity. Even if it's for just a short interaction with someone or a promo.
they were requesting, doesn't necessarily mean a deal was reached

Read a few people suggesting a triple threat with Drew, Seth and Sami, playing up Sami as the underdog story. Has the advantage that it would allow some cover for Seth's injury.

Don't mind that, as someone still annoyed with how badly they failed to capitalise on Zayn's popularity post RR last year. You could get a great scene on the Raw / SD after Mania where Roman freaks out seeing both Zayn and Cody with belts and him beltless.
That's actually a fair idea. And Drew can continue being foul at everyone claiming he was scewed again.

they were requesting, doesn't necessarily mean a deal was reached
Fair true, I have a gut feeling that The Rock will be there though.

But to be fair, it could also be The Undertaker that interrupts Waller, he'll already be in Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone hear that Punk was suppose to win the Rumble and told the Refs he tore the bicep and they changed the result after communicating with Gorilla?

Massive respect to Punk if that happened.

Anyone hear that Punk was suppose to win the Rumble and told the Refs he tore the bicep and they changed the result after communicating with Gorilla?

Massive respect to Punk if that happened.

There is no way there could have known the severity of the injury at that moment. Cody the planned winner going in.

I don't suspect that's what happened. BUT - it seems to be a pretty severe triceps injury. If he's torn it off the bone, there's every chance they could've seen it flopping around at the time.

It would also explain the extraordinarily long, boring final 2 sequence.

As I say, I doubt that's what happened. I'd picked Cody before the Rumble, I think he was always the winner. But it's not impossible that a change was made on the fly given the nature of the injury, and in a way I think I hope it is what happened because it would go a long way to explaining/justifying that shitty final 2.

There is no way there could have known the severity of the injury at that moment. Cody the planned winner going in.

personally, I don't think that's what happened.

He has done a tricep before you know that feeling with a serious injuries.

Footage of him in the corner speaking to the Refs.

He would have known exactly what it was.

He has done a tricep before you know that feeling with a serious injuries.

Footage of him in the corner speaking to the Refs.

He would have known exactly what it was.

I guess the reason I don't think it's the case - while also acknowledging that it could've been - is the nature of the match after he (apparently) tore it. I'm not sure your argument that he would've known what it was holds up purely cos of the nature of some of the moves he was still trying to execute afterwards.

I guess the reason I don't think it's the case - while also acknowledging that it could've been - is the nature of the match after he (apparently) tore it. I'm not sure your argument that he would've known what it was holds up purely cos of the nature of some of the moves he was still trying to execute afterwards.

He was a 1,47 on Sportsbet and Bayley was similar odds.

Cody was 4.00 and 3rd favourite.

They have been spot on the last few years.

Cody was the right decision if your taking down Roman you need be the Rumble winner.

He was a 1,47 on Sportsbet and Bayley was similar odds.

Cody was 4.00 and 3rd favourite.

They have been spot on the last few years.

Cody was the right decision if your taking down Roman you need be the Rumble winner.

I'm not sure why/how any of this is relevant.

As I said, Cody was my strong pre-show choice (I picked Bayley as well).

The notion that odds mean anything in wrestling is ridiculous and stupid. They can't read the storylines (or read dirtsheets) any better than you or I can.

I agree that Cody winning only makes sense if he's beating Reigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back