Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: www.footyjumpers.com

I guess the Geelong away thing brings up an issue with the website and how things are categorised. For example, I'd say Geelong did have an away jumper in 2009-2011. If we'd played a final against North Melbourne, with Noth as the higher ranked team, we would have worn it. It's listed on the GFC as the away jumper. However, if the qualification is that the team must have actually worn it as an away jumper during the season, then Geelong's navy clashes should not be listed for the past three years, as per the update.

I think the current situation where the guernseys aren't listed goes with Mero's principle that only guernseys that are worn under that circumstance are listed. Or else we'd have had GWS' guernsey up there already.

I think the current situation where the guernseys aren't listed goes with Mero's principle that only guernseys that are worn under that circumstance are listed. Or else we'd have had GWS' guernsey up there already.
exactly. only stuff that is worn in games gets a run, otherwise its just "afl" merchandise

Mero, I just want to say that the amount of work that you have put into your site is incredible and always provides a veritable mine of knowledge everytime I look at it.

Right back at the start of this thread you mentioned suggestions for other content, and I've noticed that you haven't had the Victorian or Dream Team tops from the Hall of Fame Tribute Match in 2008. I was just wondering whether there was any reason (copyright etc) that these have not yet appeared? I know that technically the match was not a State of Origin game, but maybe if you included (if possible), these tops and the other State kits as well?

Also, I was tooling around in the International section on the AFL site, I noticed that Melbourne had a one-off top in the exhibition game in China against Brisbane in 2010, the design of which featured a Chinese dragon on one side. Last time I had a look this one wasn't on your site, I thought it could be a good one to hunt down?

And speaking of International footy, is there space for the Australian and Irish International Rules kits? Just a suggestion if you'd run out of stuff to do...

Otherwise keep up the awesome work!

I decided a while back that the basis for inclusion in the site was whether the jumper was used in an Official AFL game.
At that point I wasn't including Pre-Season jumpers and had a seperate page for the designs.
Then I found that the AFL kept records of them, so I included them, and State of Origin games, as these were also counted.
Practice Matches, Exhibition Games, Training jumpers and non-AFL games were not included, because, for one thing, where do you draw the line?
So the line is Official games, and everything else misses out.

Fair enough. I thought that may have been the reasoning behind that.
The Hall of Fame was an official match though wasn't it? It may have been a once off, but surely that could be included as a part of the 150 Years celebrations?

I hate to be a pedant but wa had a special 1985 100yr badge fro the SoO that year also West Coast wore the peril as a clash in the early 1990s

would you like photos?

Fair enough. I thought that may have been the reasoning behind that.
The Hall of Fame was an official match though wasn't it? It may have been a once off, but surely that could be included as a part of the 150 Years celebrations?

Was an exhibition match and does not count towards a player's games. So No.

Was an exhibition match and does not count towards a player's games. So No.
Counts towards state games and AFL 200/300 Club matches in the same way State of Origin and preseason matches do.

For the sake of history - it was a historic event for the AFL - the HoF jumpers should be included as part of the site.
Put your well informed 'rules of eligibility' aside for a moment - no one will know/care if it was a "official" game or not, they just know it came under the banner of an elite AFL showcase. It's for the benefit of the site's completeness, if anything.

Counts towards state games and AFL 200/300 Club matches in the same way State of Origin and preseason matches do.

Do you have AFL documentation on that?
Because my AFL source says it doesn't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my memory, but at the time I seem to remember hearing that it would count as a game toward AFL life membership in the same way that preseason and SoO games have.

Just my memory, but at the time I seem to remember hearing that it would count as a game toward AFL life membership in the same way that preseason and SoO games have.
Yeah, I understand this is it as well. However, it's often not counted by players themselves, or, by clubs. I think if you're on 199, or, 299, they count it though.

I'd prefer to take the Cup jockeys off than add the International Rules.
I also won't be adding A-League, Australian Baseball or the jumpers from the Exhibition game at the 1956 Olympics.
Why is the Cup jockeys on the site?

Is there some link to footy I'm unaware of?

Why is the Cup jockeys on the site?

Is there some link to footy I'm unaware of?

None that I can think of.
When I was a kid my grandparents lived near Flemington and we used to go over there all the time.
Like the footy jumpers, I always thought someone should do a thing with all of them on the internet.
So, like the footyjumpers, I did it myself.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource www.footyjumpers.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back