Xavier Ellis officially signed

Remove this Banner Ad

apparently he played 23 games in 2010

missed games last year with various injuries. did his calf in 2012 GF, tried to play on in that game and stuffed it even more and that calf injury ruined his 2013

BUmp from an outsider. I saw he did pretty well for you guys against the Dockers. You have a very smart player on your hands in the X-Man. Hopefully he is over his injuries and play some senior footy. It was always a sad thing to see someone of his talent, character and courage not on a footy field

BUmp from an outsider. I saw he did pretty well for you guys against the Dockers. You have a very smart player on your hands in the X-Man. Hopefully he is over his injuries and play some senior footy. It was always a sad thing to see someone of his talent, character and courage not on a footy field
He did! Lets hope he can be the useful come round 1 to 23. Shame he could never get up for you guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's good he's got to this point, but still a long way to go. Touch wood he's going to be able to play a fair bit of footy for us this year.
Agreed. I wouldn't count our chickens yet, we're only one practice match into a long season. Sounds like he's having one of his best pre seasons ever though so that's a good sign. Hopefully he can remain injury free and play the majority of the season. If he can, we're essentially adding three good players in Ellis, Yeo and Wellingham (last year was a bit of an aberration for Sharrod) to our side this year, that's huge.

If Ellis remains fit you will see he is better than Thomas or Murphy ...

Watch him in big games, he is a match winner.

I hope so much he can put his injuries behind him because he is a genuine star.

You don't need to tell me how good he is mate, huge Ellis fan from his Hawks days. I'm rapt we have him.

An astute/shrewd acquisition by the club. Sadly, we haven't had a lot of these over recent years. :(

Hill, Ellis, Wellingham, Yeo and even Cripps look like sound acquisitions in my opinion. The first four are best 22 while Cripps is promising depth and within the right age bracket.

Perhaps you were referring to pre 2011?

A lot of people in here are going very early on their views I think.

He played half a preseason match against a clearly underdone and often uninterested Dockers side. Granted in that half he played some great footy (a lot more composed and precise than we are used to seeing), but also managed to almost have his head taken off (we have seen a couple of those already this preseason, and those other blokes came out with broken jaws).

Don't get me wrong, if we can keep him on the park it will be a massive coup, as he is obviously a quality player. But I think I'll be waiting until at least mid-season before I can pass any kind of judgment on this trade. Given we got him for nothing, other than a spot on our list - sorry Razzle - we are already ahead. Just need him to string some games together.

Yeah I mean now it looks like people realise he is a good player (obviously lots of posters never saw him at Haw) but he hasn't proven anything yet, as the value of bringing him in lies entirely in his ability to stay injury free all season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Xavier Ellis officially signed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back