Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Word for word, my partner said exactly the same thing to me today.

One more thing: if your baby is anything like mine were, you'll be getting plenty of late nights holding/carrying them around.

Get yourself down to JB and get yourself all those tv series you've been meaning to watch.

Perfect opportunity! It was for me.

Because it's true. Best of luck to you.

Got a good birthing story for you when you guys are done. It's almost as shameful as when I was almost asked to leave the anti-natal classes...
This sounds intriguing....

At least you can see the finish line Phil. Fingers crossed she pops today for you though. Best of luck to you both.

Anyone got any inducing theories? Willing to listen to them all. From the crazy to the old wives tales. Only 39 weeks but willing to take anything on board at the moment. Like Phil said, the false starts with Braxton Hicks etc is getting frustrating. But I too just think it's bub trolling us.

At least you can see the finish line Phil. Fingers crossed she pops today for you though. Best of luck to you both.

Anyone got any inducing theories? Willing to listen to them all. From the crazy to the old wives tales. Only 39 weeks but willing to take anything on board at the moment. Like Phil said, the false starts with Braxton Hicks etc is getting frustrating. But I too just think it's bub trolling us.

Sorry, no inducing theories. We tried em all (especially for our last one which went 10days over). Alas, I think U just gots to let nature take its course - they come when they come...

All the best though & everything crossed it's soon!!!

Sorry, no inducing theories. We tried em all (especially for our last one which went 10days over). Alas, I think U just gots to let nature take its course - they come when they come...

All the best though & everything crossed it's soon!!!

Thanks, figured as much. :(

I guess bub is smart. Warm, getting fed, safe and secure. Why come out? lol

As the title says... :)
I just want to let all my BF friends know of this great news. I haven't been in much since the GF and now you know why. ;)
I want to celebrate my news with all of you as I can't wipe the smile of my face. I'm going to a Dad for the first time... :thumbsu:

P.S

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this thread.... :oops:

Never the wrong place for that kind of news.
Magnificent feeling . Congratulations to you and your dear Lady.
I have had the pleasure of having 4 rugrats. They are the greatest thing in your life brother.
Enjoy it man . PS mine are all older now and all Hawk fanatics. Even the two born in the West.
Well done.

We had our little one @ The Mercy in Heidelberg, and this came in our bubs take-home Showbag. Wife is a Pies fan so was chuffed with the timing...

View attachment 22563

Congrats to you and your family Badgrill. Little Banjo was born at the Royal Womens and I got the same thing. I got to it before it had any chance to cast a grey cloud over Banjo's life and he is a Hawk paid up and officially a member of the family.

Any news Phil?
A few friends of mine have had their little Bubs induced 7 - 10 days over and no probs just a bright happy healthy little bub..

Southern U just be patient as it will do your head in and remember if it goes full term then he/she is happy and healthy..

Not that I'm any expert as I was very impatient and kept telling bubby to come home we ready for her.

I'm having probs with our inside dog who wants to join in all the time. Also trying to work out why little bubby cries as I have been told it could be anything from hunger to being too cold or too hot..

Sleep ??? What's that??

Now I understand when everyone says get used to no sleep, but I wouldn't change anything in the world, no sleep who cares as long as we have our bubby with us..

A little girl was delivered Wednesday night at 8:30pm. Mum and baby are fine. Dad is spent.

Anything you have ever achieved in life pales in to insignificance when you go through this. Very blessed.
So happy for you mate...
Huge congrats to you and your partner on the little girl..

A little girl was delivered Wednesday night at 8:30pm. Mum and baby are fine. Dad is spent.

Anything you have ever achieved in life pales in to insignificance when you go through this. Very blessed.

Congrats, mate. It does indeed. Best wishes to all and a big welcome to a new member of the Hawthorn family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's great news Phil - all the best to you but more importantly your better half on a great job - great to hear everything went well.
Get your rest - you are going to need it

Southern U just be patient as it will do your head in and remember if it goes full term then he/she is happy and healthy...

Yeah agree mate.
Will do my head in? Already there buddy. lol
Due next Thursday, hopefully the thought of seeing us smash the bombers inspires the little one to come out beforehand. :D

Yeah agree mate.
Will do my head in? Already there buddy. lol
Due next Thursday, hopefully the thought of seeing us smash the bombers inspires the little one to come out beforehand. :D

Pressures on the wife here SU - these girls are going to need future partners
Although there doesn't seem to be a shortage of boys down at the hawks with crawf and hodge

Pressures on the wife here SU - these girls are going to need future partners
Although there doesn't seem to be a shortage of boys down at the hawks with crawf and hodge

Yeah, maybe Jeff Kennett was onto something with his women in the AFL theory? lol

And yes, you'd be gutted if your little girl hooked up one of the Hodges or Crawfords... :rolleyes:

I did 4 seasons of BSG in about 2 weeks...

Lol never started bsg, always worry ill get hooked on shows.

I will say though, sometimes hitting a whole season within days gives a great feel and flow to the show.

I remember starting late on "the wire" and getting in the first season in a week. 'twas a great week. Fantastic show...

Get onto the wire phil, when all your nights are taken away...

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Yay I'm going to be a Parent - All blessed news re future hawks in here please!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back