Preview Yer A Lizard Harry - Magic Round - Richmond VS Sydney - Adelaide Oval - Friday 8:10PM (GMT)

Who will win

• Sydney 1-7

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Sydney 8-20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Sydney 20-39

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Sydney 39+

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Richmond 1-7

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Richmond 8-20

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Richmond 20-39

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Richmond 39+

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Wingardium Leviosa

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to point out that there was no toastie talk in the previous preview thread.

I just want to point out that there was no toastie talk in the previous preview thread.

That's it having a Bolognese toastie with a side of Butter Beer for dinner tonight

Sorry. Didn't realise you already posted that Punts.
Just got back from the Geelong V Hawks game.

We are further away from Geelong
Their gun forward getting better.
Ours is looking for a retirement village where nobody recognises him.

I feel quietly confident about this match. Tigers are ripe for the taking & I think a few new inclusions will add a bit of energy to the team. I can definitely see Mills playing more in defence since we're missing both McCartins. He'll have a massive game imo. I don't think Buddy will get selected & we'll have only 2 'talls' in our fwd line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recent form does not provide much in the way of inspiration. Playing well below our best. An indicator of this is that, after four rounds, I don't think we have a genuine rolling All-Australian candidate - not one. When was the last time you could say that about a Swans team? Some will say Warner, Papley and Rampe have been good. In patches / individual games yes, but not across all four games. When we have been below par in previous seasons we have always had a few standouts who have been close to their best. This simply has to change moving forward. We need some guys to string together some Brownlow vote getting games or I fear we will be looking at a fringe top eight side this season. Especially when you consider that Paddy is probably a write off and Buddy is at least 20% down on last year's form.

On the plus side we are getting Richmond at the perfect time, they are missing a heap of stars.

There will simply be no excuses this week. The four points are a mandatory requirement.

Buddy to stun the AFL with a surprise late career re-awakening as a KPD.

Which feels about as likely as a mythical Gould debut.

But in cold hard reality-land:

Out: Tommy Mac, Paddy Mac, Buddy

In: Fox, Sheldrick, Melican (if he’s available?)

If Melican isn’t available - then we surely see Gould debut.

Surely?

PS: onya Bonz, great preview
Melican? You can’t be serious. He has had his chance and has shown us he is not up to the standard. He struggles at VFL level. It’s time to give the bloke who was the best player in our VFL side a chance. Bring on Will Gould!

There should be a decent training hit out today. With presser after.

Will give an indication of who is in the frame.
If Gould doesn’t debut in front of his home state and family when we are 2 KPD down then I am afraid it won’t be happening. I’ll have a fully fledged meltdown.

Recent form does not provide much in the way of inspiration. Playing well below our best. An indicator of this is that, after four rounds, I don't think we have a genuine rolling All-Australian candidate - not one. When was the last time you could say that about a Swans team? Some will say Warner, Papley and Rampe have been good. In patches / individual games yes, but not across all four games. When we have been below par in previous seasons we have always had a few standouts who have been close to their best. This simply has to change moving forward. We need some guys to string together some Brownlow vote getting games or I fear we will be looking at a fringe top eight side this season. Especially when you consider that Paddy is probably a write off and Buddy is at least 20% down on last year's form.

On the plus side we are getting Richmond at the perfect time, they are missing a heap of stars.

There will simply be no excuses this week. The four points are a mandatory requirement.
I think Rampe's has been good to great across all four games. He is the only one though.

I think Rampe's has been good to great across all four games. He is the only one though.
Ramps has been very consistent across our matches this season, he started off slow last year but hes hit the ground running. Wish the rest of the team would catch up.

I just wonder if Horse & co are tempted to bring in Aaron Francis for his potential to be a swing man forward & back. Say we play only 2 talls up forward, one of them is struggling or hopefully not injured then he could move forward? or even as the sub? Pretty much the Sam Reid role.

I have no idea about his form nor conditioning but read he played forward in reserves recently.

If Gould doesn’t debut in front of his home state and family when we are 2 KPD down then I am afraid it won’t be happening. I’ll have a fully fledged meltdown.
It'll come down to him and Francis. I reckon with the Tigers talls woes, we'll back Rampe, Fox and one extra in. Francis has been in better form at VFL level, but as a forward, so I don't know whether Francis showed enough in pre-season to get ahead of Will.

I'd be going Gould though.

I just wonder if Horse & co are tempted to bring in Aaron Francis for his potential to be a swing man forward & back. Say we play only 2 talls up forward, one of them is struggling or hopefully not injured then he could move forward? or even as the sub? Pretty much the Sam Reid role.

I have no idea about his form nor conditioning but read he played forward in reserves recently.
If we're looking at resting Buddy, or dropping Logan, then Francis probably comes in (on form). We'd still need to bring Gould in if that's the case.

If Amartey is dropped, then it has to be McLean coming in, for the backup ruck.

It'll come down to him and Francis. I reckon with the Tigers talls woes, we'll back Rampe, Fox and one extra in. Francis has been in better form at VFL level, but as a forward, so I don't know whether Francis showed enough in pre-season to get ahead of Will.

I'd be going Gould though.

Francis sub to potentially cover both ends of the ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back