Preview Yer A Lizard Harry - Magic Round - Richmond VS Sydney - Adelaide Oval - Friday 8:10PM (GMT)

Who will win

• Sydney 1-7

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Sydney 8-20

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Sydney 20-39

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Sydney 39+

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Richmond 1-7

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Richmond 8-20

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Richmond 20-39

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Richmond 39+

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Wingardium Leviosa

Votes: 6 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am struggling to think of a game the Swans have played since I began watching where we are going into it with such an undermanned defence.

For as long as I can remember we always had at least one top quality key defender in the team, in the Bolton/Barry era, the Richards/Grundy era and now the McCartin/McCartin era. In those times our key defenders rarely miss games and almost never miss games at the same time.
I think introducing Gould and Francis is not going to kill us. Fox replaces Cunningham. I only saw the first half but Harry was poor. He got the ba ổn several occasions and promptly turned it over. I was not impressed. I did not see the second half but it seems it was not that great. Paddy injured in the first and then Tom going down would have hurt no end.

But could we please, forget to go to Buddy. He is the reason our forward line is so poor. When he is on fields there is nowhere for Amartey or Mcdonald to lead as he keeps leading in multiple directions taking all the space.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

More realistic than Foxtel yesterday.
The loss of the McCartin brothers due to concussion and Lance Franklin due to a knee problem will further stretch Sydney's tall resources against a Richmond side that is also missing several key big men due to injury. Hayden McLean is a chance to return in a second ruck/forward role, while former Bomber Aaron Francis or South Australian Will Gould could come in to plug a hole down back. Robbie Fox, who was the sub last week, should return to the 22, while Ryan Clarke has recovered from a hamstring problem. Midfielders Angus Sheldrick and Matt Roberts could also be considered as the Swans look to get their season back on track. – Martin Smith

be interesting if the scoring is s**t still
If we are having 60 entries, we should be having 30 scoring attempts minimum.
We had 19 from 67 entries & we only lost by 2 points.
That's a fail on the team selection front.
That has been rectified this week which will in turn bring the right balance.
We should easily have 50 entries this week which will mean 25 shots at least.
This will give us a score of at least 90 points IMO.
I am expecting 100. Now how we defend is another story but I trust everyone will be on the same page & defend well as a team.

If we are having 60 entries, we should be having 30 scoring attempts minimum.
We had 19 from 67 entries & we only lost by 2 points.
That's a fail on the team selection front.
That has been rectified this week which will in turn bring the right balance.
We should easily have 50 entries this week which will mean 25 shots at least.
This will give us a score of at least 90 points IMO.
I am expecting 100. Now how we defend is another story but I trust everyone will be on the same page & defend well as a team.
Completely ignore the quality of entries, but ok.

To where?

Gould gets a lot of tires pumped for a guy that hasn't played firsts and has looked serviceable in VFL .
Apparently simply being on a list for 4 years entitles you to senior games.

I doubt the swans are leaving Gould in the dark about what's required.
I wouldnt say it entitles you to senior games, but I would say it's poor list management to re-sign a key defender if you're not going to play him when 2 of your starting key defenders are out off the back of a year when Gould won our VFL Player of the Year.

If he doesn't get selected, it raises 2 questions: if not now, what more does he have to do, and why did we re-sign him?

I wouldnt say it entitles you to senior games, but I would say it's poor list management to re-sign a key defender if you're not going to play him when 2 of your starting key defenders are out off the back of a year when Gould won our VFL Player of the Year.

If he doesn't get selected, it raises 2 questions: if not now, what more does he have to do, and why did we re-sign him?
I would pick Gould, but if we don't, it's not us saying he's rubbish, or poor list management. It could be that Gould's start to the season is below expectations and that Francis (if picked) has impressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excited about Corey getting a start. Must be exciting tines for the Warner family. Given that his debut has been announced and there are literally crickets surrounding Gould, does that mean he's unlikely to be picked?

I wonder if one of Stephens or McInerney will be dropped.

Hope not.

Reckon we probably just go smaller inside 50 and Warner Jr. plays off a flank.
Think that would be my guess as well. Still have no idea who comes in for one of the McCartins though. Fox is one but you'd think if it was Gould both would be mentioned in the debut article and Francis would get one as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back