Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

McEntee was playing a stopping role on Whitfield who finished with 19 kicks, 14 handballs, 6 marks, 5 tackles and 484 metres gained.

I suspect he was moved off that role at some stage or it would have been even worse.
Honestly looked like a parkland footballer against a highly rated elite AFL footballer.

I'm done. Just cancelled my membership. The club is a joke, and the league is an even bigger joke. For mine it's not worth following anymore. Get almost zero enjoyment out of it, it's an amateur sport with an administration that caters to itself and it's own interests. Strangely, exactly how the AFL-owned Port Adelaide is being run.

The only way anything gets done about this competition is by weight of numbers, and I don't feel okay putting my own hard earned money towards this farce any more.

I'm lucky enough to live in a country where no one else gives a **** about the sport either so the separation process should be much easier.

Those of you that will continue to follow a hopeless cause and contribute $$$ to every slime ball associated with the business, best of luck to you.

"People can say we had some injured players, or some blokes who were less than perfect – I can guarantee you that if some of the replacements were put out there, it would have been a much, much worse result."
- Ken Hinkley

Imagine being someone like a Francis Evans, Sam Hayes, Jackson Mead etc and hearing your coach telling the media if you had have played the team would have been smashed even harder than we were.
No matter if its true or not, that is a pathetic outlook and response from the so called leader of the club.

Has there ever been a bigger fall from grace from a brownlow medalist in such a short amount of time? And don’t give me the “he’s been pushed out by Butters and Rozee”. If he was playing good football, he wouldn’t have been pushed out.
He was literally the best player in the comp 2 years ago, now he shouldn’t even be playing AFL in his current form. This is our vice captain as well. Amongst many others, he was absolutely deplorable tonight, but these others aren’t brownlow medalists.
How does this even happen?
This is about the same I reckon - Tom Mitchell Brownlow in 2018, traded in 22? Traded for picks 41 and 50 with Hawthorn paying part of his salary to Collingwood.

Hard to watch.

Houston has to be our next Captain. Butters and Rozee showed their youth and immaturity tonight.

While we need a change of coach, a big bodied defender, a fit ruckman and numerous other things I think our biggest concern is the way our team went into these finals with zero cohesiveness. The last couple of weeks has been all about who gets traded, contract discussions, who goes out of the club because of who's coming in etc meanwhile Brisbane, GWS and the Wobbles look like a well oiled machine. Toby Green said this week that while it might not be the best team he's played for it's the team he trusts the most. I'd like to know how much Butters trusts Farrell, or how much Findlayson trusts McCentee we've seen them both expose the cracks in recent games.

There's been a lot of on field finger pointing, players dropping their heads and players generally losing their shit when they haven't felt the ball landed in their lap. We look immature and we look like we're lacking in on ground leadership.

Houston fronted up after the game, he stays cool under pressure and he's now got the games experience and AA place. He speaks well. Give the younger boys time to grow up.

I said I'd wait until the finals to make a call on Kenny. He won't do it but he HAS to resign, the club has to push for his resignation we all know even if we win 23 games in a row next year we'll all feel the same way we did tonight come finals time in 24.

Carr can't be the replacement, our midfield performances these past two weeks have been really concerning.

"People can say we had some injured players, or some blokes who were less than perfect – I can guarantee you that if some of the replacements were put out there, it would have been a much, much worse result."
- Ken Hinkley

Imagine being someone like a Francis Evans, Sam Hayes, Jackson Mead etc and hearing your coach telling the media if you had have played the team would have been smashed even harder than we were.
No matter if its true or not, that is a pathetic outlook and response from the so called leader of the club.

Did he really say that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also do we not know what type of grass they have laid at AO or is out boot studder completely incompetent?

Why is it that year on end all of our players constantly slip over but the opposition can run rings around us with a pirouette in between and be completely fine all the time?

Countless times tonight we fumbled in the ball in middle following slipping.

It’s the simple things we always fail at. Year on year.
It has to be the boot studded - it’s been going on for the better part of a decade

What $10m-$11m over 13 football seasons if the prick actually finishes up in 2025 or gets paid out to then?

He is a fraud like Alan Joyce, overpaid for under achieving and pissing off so many stakeholders.

And Koch is his enabler just like Richard Goyder is with Joyce.

I didn't get what I deserved from Argo Hinkley.
You're being a bit harsh on Joyce there. He did win two premierships at Hawthorn.

And still lost.

Some midget sheepdog in our forward line is the least of our problems when your entire midfield - including 3 all australians, a brownlow medallist and a #1 pick all get smashed in a final. Again.
Exactly, ruck or no ruck, our midfield had a deplorable finals campaign.

Ollie’s finals series, after good form in the previous three weeks, needs its own thread. Has this guy played one good final since the semi final in 2014?
I can accept games from him wheregets less than 20 touches given his midfield time is lower than a few seasons ago.

What I can’t accept are 1 tackle per games efforts (which he had history of ) in finals games and showdowns.
Tacking reflects your attitude.

Given the above You’ve also got to ask how he can be appointed as captain.

Mckenzie couldnt even walk the poor bastard. He played the whole game.

There really should be a class action lawsuit against Stinky.

McKenzie, Lycett and Dixon in wheelchairs because donuts wants his contract extension so we need to scrape a few more H&A wins.

The only team I can compare seeing this second half of the season is Melbourne last year. From that Carlton game were we made it obviously clear we didn't respect them, weve been easily bottom 6 material. We are nowhere near a premiership team. Huge issues across the back, rucks, and forward lines. We can't seem to develop youth properly in key positions, and constant trading it players from other clubs who aren't making their first teams isn't the answer.

- Ken Hinkley

Good point and I would add Narkle to that list.

A major factor in last night's loss was the fact that we do not have depth or flexibility in our list. I am convinced that we had four maybe five key players carrying injury to some degree and it sounds like the Coach acknowledges the assumption is close to the mark. Between them Lycett, McKenzie, Aliir, Dixon and Marshall had just 35 possessions and Lycett had 13 hit outs while on the ground. There is no doubt that we were affected by injury to key players at the business end of the year but there is also no doubt that we have little cover when our talls get hurt.

I am not saying the loss was solely due to injury, as many of our fit players also had shockers, but it was a major factor.

If Scott Lycett went into last night's game fully fit then it is time for him to give the game away because he is no longer up to it. Lycett started the season carrying an injury, he could not even jump in the pre season trial against West Coast, and he finished the season unable to sustain an effort for four quarters.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back