Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

"People can say we had some injured players, or some blokes who were less than perfect – I can guarantee you that if some of the replacements were put out there, it would have been a much, much worse result."
- Ken Hinkley

Imagine being someone like a Francis Evans, Sam Hayes, Jackson Mead etc and hearing your coach telling the media if you had have played the team would have been smashed even harder than we were.
No matter if its true or not, that is a pathetic outlook and response from the so called leader of the club.

It’s actually rubbish though. Hayes over Lycett and Evans over McEntee would not have been any worse. He’ll I’d even have gone Jonas over McKenzie considering how immobile Trent was.

Plus, it’s a knock out final. Whether you lose by 1pt or 100pts, it’s the same result. There is no ‘worse’, let alone ‘much, much worse’.

Imagine continuing to give a back flanker a game in a forward pocket where he has kept the likes of a 3 or 4 goals a game player out after being given a "rocket" by being made sub for half a game and then reverted to previous form in the last 10 games of the season.

Just one of the issues. Its all on the coaching, not the players.

They should name a type of cancer after Ken.

There's straight sets and there's straight sets.

Melbourne probably should have won both of their games, but for some poor execution.

At no stage did we look remotely like winning in either game.

Turns out we were by far the worst club in the Finals series. By far.

Halfway through the season the talk was how Collingwood and Port were on a level above the rest of the comp lol.

We finished the season with a formline that resembles the bottom 4.

Congrats gws provided their big ruck is ok will give collingwood a good game. The unfolding in the second quarter was on the cards even though the big crowd went their hoping! We rallied in second half which was more credit to some players. The richmond game play was very effective with the talented players they have. Our recruiting for next year seems to cover Obvious problem areas. So will be competitive next hear probably but dare to hope has been blunted. Hope the trading goes well and we can pick up another young ruck and a late gem. So hope still remains as per year in year out, but it is not the sanfl competition.

What's GWS' excuse?
Lose Cameron, Taranto and Hopper, so could blame lack of personnel.
Drop to 16th after a fairly good run of finals since 2016.
Sack Cameron.
Now they could chose to pack it in, get handouts from the AFL for a few years and blame the lack of support or interest in western Sydney, the crowds, etc.
They're now in a PF, exceeding all industry expectations.

Clubs that are successful and win don't make excuses, they get on with the job, rise to the occassion and succeed.

They find a bluepoint, concoct a plan, utilise a strategy and succeed.

Ken blames the inexperience of the midfield. Also blamed the injuries of Dixon, Lycett and McKenzie.
He continues to facilitate a failed football program, accept losing and think it's a luck based industry.

Losers make excuses, winners find a way. Unfortunately we're in the former camo and have been for many years under Hinkley.
Cameron made a GF and they sacked him! Another point GWS have played at 11 different venues this year and had 4 wins after 12 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duursmas 7 touches was (i think) his worst disposal count in a game where he wasn't subbed in/out

He was better than last week but only because he wasn't as involved. At the moment he is looking like an all-time finals flop.

He was utterly horrific. Losing Amon was worse than we thought.

Congrats gws provided their big ruck is ok will give collingwood a good game. The unfolding in the second quarter was on the cards even though the big crowd went their hoping! We rallied in second half which was more credit to some players. The richmond game play was very effective with the talented players they have. Our recruiting for next year seems to cover Obvious problem areas. So will be competitive next hear probably but dare to hope has been blunted. Hope the trading goes well and we can pick up another young ruck and a late gem. So hope still remains as per year in year out, but it is not the sanfl competition.
Can I ask you what substances you are on?

The result doesn't even hurt. Neither did the Brisbane game.

The only thing that hurts is that we are literally the Ken Hinkley football club and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Yep, that’s it for me. I expected the result in both games. My disappointment come from what it represents for the club.

What we have is one of those heritage buildings, where they have kept the facade and everything behind it is new. The difference is, you usually have a modern, designed for purpose, building. Instead, we have the facade and then a lean-to knocked up by some unlicensed builder and his failson.

There's straight sets and there's straight sets.

Melbourne probably should have won both of their games, but for some poor execution.

At no stage did we look remotely like winning in either game.

Turns out we were by far the worst club in the Finals series. By far.

Halfway through the season the talk was how Collingwood and Port were on a level above the rest of the comp lol.

We finished the season with a formline that resembles the bottom 4.
It’s remarkable you can win 17 games and in two finals we didn’t look like winning for one minute, not one!
Look at the effort Sydney put in last week as well never gave in against a Carlton team who were flying, it’s beyond belief.

We've won 0 premierships this century in the SANFL.

I would be interested in knowing what those tools are. It cannot be talls who can take a contested mark.
Our midfield will be fine. We’ve plenty of depth. They were poor in the fibsls year but I’m not giving up on them.

It’s not just talls that is required to fix the number of contested marks we give up. The back 6 worry me greatly.

We clearly need two tall defenders over 195cm with Allir playing as our third tall defender.
But I’m far from convinced that Farrell and lachie Jones are good enough to play 6. They get out marked too often as well.

Ryan Burton also gets out marked too often.

Our forwards also give up too many contested marks to by the way.

This has already been mentioned, but kern going to Melbourne to talk to a ruckman who ultimately turned us down when he should have been concentrating 100% on the forthcoming finals, and then the club releasing information during the week about 3 players wanting to transfer to Alberton had forget any success in 2023 written all over it!

Just more amateur BS from a completely inept coach, and an administration that shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near Alberton oval.

You are such a troll

Hi Thundercloud

During the year, IIRC, we had a chat about Hinkley and I asked you specifically what he needed to do to get a contract extension. You said win a final. I think at the time we were 2nd on the ladder and so it was more than likely, we would win a final. Alas, this didn't happen.

Do you still think Hinkley is the man for the job?

Our midfield will be fine. We’ve plenty of depth. They were poor in the fibsls year but I’m not giving up on them.

It’s not just talls that is required to fix the number of contested marks we give up. The back 6 worry me greatly.

We clearly need two tall defenders over 195cm with Allir playing as our third tall defender.
But I’m far from convinced that Farrell and lachie Jones are good enough to play 6. They get out marked too often as well.

Ryan Burton also gets out marked too often.

Our forwards also give up too many contested marks to by the way.
Our forward line is absolutely disgraceful outmarked outrun, we have players being picked because they are allegedly pressure forwards?

"People can say we had some injured players, or some blokes who were less than perfect – I can guarantee you that if some of the replacements were put out there, it would have been a much, much worse result."
- Ken Hinkley

Not only is he lazy he's dumb and nasty too. Total package our Kenny... phowarrr what a guy hey, all class.

How often have we heard it trotted out over the years his special bond with the players, his man management skills.

The only thing that hurt last night was when the camera panned to the faces in the crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back